Upgrades and experience

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Burdon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Upgrades and experience

Unread postby Burdon » 14 Jun 2007, 14:55

I was thinking about asking the WoG players if they really keep non-upgraded creatures in their army, because of their better abilities than upgraded ones with stack experience.
So which one do you keep downgraded when you play ?

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 01 Jul 2007, 10:38

At least the Centaur, because that one can shoot :D

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 01 Oct 2007, 23:49

EDN wrote:At least the Centaur, because that one can shoot :D
What he said. :)

I prefer ranged creatures to up-close-and-personal ones.

obelisk v2.0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk v2.0 » 27 Feb 2008, 13:58

i never do that. the only case when i keep unupgraded creatures in my main army is skeletons and even then only if i have so many of them that i can't afford to upgrade them. that hardly ever happens though, as i try to upgrade them the first chance i get once all 7 creature slots are full.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Feb 2008, 14:10

I'm sometimes keeping unupgraded creatures in my army. Mostly in the case when it's powerfull enough and I have some speed and health artifacts. Depending on situation. But percentually it will be rare occassion.

It will be mainly Basilisks, Hell Hounds, Elementals, Angels, Serpent Flies, Wyverns, Evil Eyes, Medusas, Pit Fiends - from all numerous and different reasons.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Burdon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Burdon » 28 Feb 2008, 17:01

I like the idea of upgrading a creature requires some thinking. To me, several creatures work this way, but not enough (evn if it is still more than in vanilla heroes 3).
For instance, keep hellounds for double strike or upgrade to cerberi for 3hex attack ? What about bone dragons for double strike or ghost for hp and age ?
These examples add good strategy in my opinion. Some others render te unupgraded creature never used by players (see Gorgon...).

Return to “Wake of Gods”