making a shooter with extended radius.

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

making a shooter with extended radius.

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 14 Jun 2007, 13:35

I want the magma elemental to be able to throw once per battle a rock which will explode (like the cyclops in H4). how do I do that?

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: making a shooter with extended radius.

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 15 Jun 2007, 14:07

Le_Faucheur wrote:I want the magma elemental to be able to throw once per battle a rock which will explode (like the cyclops in H4). how do I do that?
First, you need to add a shooting animation to the graphics file for the elemental (otherwise, when it does a ranged attack, you'll most likely have a crash). Then you can give it the shooting ability with one shot. Using the appropriate commands, you can locate the target of the shot, use any animation you would like (probably the fireball or meteor shower animation), and manually deal the damage to the affected stacks.

If you don't care about having the shooting animation, you can make it an activated ability instead.

I don't have much experience with doing this, so I cannot give you specifics.

Acid Dragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Acid Dragon » 15 Jun 2007, 21:45

actually about shooting - that won't work, because aside from the *creature* shooting animation you also need to have the *missile* animation - the animation of the thing you shoot at the enemy.

And as far as I know, there's no way of adding that 'shot' animation to the game without hard-coding, so you'll still get a crash.

I don't think it's possible to make the magma elemental shoot.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 16 Jun 2007, 15:47

too bad, I need to find another idea for it, the magma elemental sucks as it is now.
I managed to make the arrow appear when I target a stack at long range with magma elemental, but indeed it crashed when I clicked.

wait, I saw in the code of the script n°50 that they tried to give the shooting hability to the centaur, but deactivated it. was it because it was too powerful, or because it didn't work?

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 26 Jun 2007, 20:17

ok, I gave it frenzy instead. it wins +3 in attack each time it gets attacked.
but I have another problem.
I want the archdevil to cast earthquake at the beginning of each castle battle (before towers shoot) and only if he is in the attacking army.

Acid Dragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Acid Dragon » 27 Jun 2007, 09:14

Maybe try the !?BR trigger and check if it's round 0 (first round, after tactics phase). Then do a !!DO loop through all your stacks to find an archdevil stack (checking with the !!BM:T? command) and then use the !!BM:C command to have the creature cast a spell.

About the centaur - the centaur is actually the ony creature I know of that has an 'arrow' animation aplied to him but doesn't shoot by default. So you can make the centaur shoot by ERM, I suppose. He already does shoot if he gains enough experience ;).
EDIT: and about the script - I'm not sure, but I guess it was just considered too powerful to give centaurs the shooting ability from the start...

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 01 Jul 2007, 20:51

Just a short comment: Round 0 trigger will come twice, so You have to handle this. Otherwise You will have 2 earthquakes.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 02 Jul 2007, 16:33

not necessarily a problem. I will see. thanks for your answers

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 05 Sep 2007, 00:09

Can I make the centaur an archer simply by increasing the shots to greater than 0 ?

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 07 Sep 2007, 11:42

I guess you have to make a script which says the centaur can shoot.
(I saw it in the script 50 I think)

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 30 Sep 2007, 22:12

I think that I saw somewhere that Basilisks also had some shooting animation. I`m interested in this myself so if I`ll find something about it I`ll let you know.
Beholder

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 01 Oct 2007, 21:24

Beholder wrote:I think that I saw somewhere that Basilisks also had some shooting animation. I`m interested in this myself so if I`ll find something about it I`ll let you know.
I don't think so. Perhaps it was a manticore? I *THINK* that one has some shooting info, but I am not certain.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 03 Oct 2007, 19:34

I`ve seen through basilisks` def files and they indeed have no shooting animation.
Beholder

Return to “Wake of Gods”