Making Maps under WoG

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Making Maps under WoG

Unread postby RiccElijah » 14 Jan 2006, 17:28

I'm making a map in WoG.... Using WoG objects and creatures...
the questions are:

-how to make only certain scriptc work and how to select them?
-how to put a victory condition in Flagging a WoG Creature Dwelling or Accumulate WoG Creatures?
-how to make a Seer's Hut give a certain WoG Artifact?

thanks everyone..
if is the wrong room/forum feel free to move it...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Making Maps under WoG

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jan 2006, 18:00

Here are two ways and you may freely combine them, to be honest, it's recommended solution. First is to set your preffered WoG settings and saved them with the map. The second one is to putting the scripts into the events after day 500, where will be executed.

See Documents/MapMaking tricks.txt for details.

-how to put a victory condition in Flagging a WoG Creature Dwelling or Accumulate WoG
Creatures?

Though script.
Now though scripts as well. In the future, maybe....
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 15 Jan 2006, 14:59

Pol wrote:
Here are two ways and you may freely combine them, to be honest, it's recommended solution. First is to set your preffered WoG settings and saved them with the map. The second one is to putting the scripts into the events after day 500, where will be executed.
so I should either select everytime the preferred wog options before starting a map or copy all of the scripts as timed events.. right?

where exactly? in my HD?
-how to put a victory condition in Flagging a WoG Creature Dwelling or Accumulate WoG Creatures?
Though script.
Now though scripts as well. In the future, maybe....
damn.. ehm.. what kind of trigger should I use?? can't find any in the ERM help that would fit these two...

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Jan 2006, 15:17

RiccElijah wrote:

where exactly? in my HD?
Hmm, I think Pol got it slightly wrong (or it's different on my computer for some reason). If you check your c:\Heroes 3\Documentation/Mapmaker Tools.txt on the harddrive- could be a link to it on the start menu as well- you'll find instructions for activating standard scripts on a custom map. Of course, you exchange the "c:\Heroes 3" part to whatever applies to you ;)
damn.. ehm.. what kind of trigger should I use?? can't find any in the ERM help that would fit these two...

For the first, use an object trigger for the dwelling or timer for the accumulation and UN:Q. For the second, you'll have to script everything- quest conditions and giving of artifact- can be quite easy, depending on which quest type you want.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jan 2006, 15:57

where exactly? in my HD?
Yes, in the game directory. And use the exact address which gave you G.C. :D to be instantly where you want, somehow I belive that you will be able to find it out according to my not so exact description too, but who know... :devious:

And use ERM scripter for this, its help looks also better, I think. (ERM_tools.wog must be installed)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 15 Jan 2006, 20:43

RiccElijah wrote:I'm making a map in WoG.... Using WoG objects and creatures...
the questions are:

You can install Sergey's map editor patch (this will probably be included in the next version of WoG as well) which lets you set WoG artifacts and creatures anywhere you could select standard ones. It also fixes the crash problem with generating random maps in the WoG editor.

Here's Sergey's Web page: http://www.grayface.chat.ru/eng/

But, to get his map editor patch, I think you'll have to subscribe to the WoGMapArchives2 Yahoo Group (there's a link on his page).

If you don't wish to install the patch, you could use an object trigger instead. !?OBx/y/l; and script it with ERM but this will probably be more complicated.
- Fnord

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 21 Jan 2006, 04:55

It seems that the WoG Map Editor is on Wake of Gods Map Archive I to be precise. I've asked Grayface to put it up also on WoG Archive II. Which is probably why it's good to be on both sites as there are a lot of utilities on both, and it seems that all utilities are updated constantly.

Return to “Wake of Gods”