Problem with loading a saved game

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
ChaosDragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problem with loading a saved game

Unread postby ChaosDragon » 17 Feb 2007, 16:47

There seems to be a problem I find consistently when reloading a saved game. I think there's some data not being saved, not sure what but every time I save and reboot my computer then reload the game it crashes within a day or two after loading. I have been able to reload a game immediately after closing the game and find it worked and I was able to finish the game. But when I save and close game and shut down the computer, when I restart the next day and load game I can only play one or two days and it crashes consistently. The crash usually references a script I have turned off in the WOG options (passable terrain). This is not the only error message but the most common one. Always message says "error attempting to read the inaccessable data at XXXXXXXXXX..

I can play the game all the way through without crashing only if I don't shut down the game. This can make for some very long periods of leaving the game running as these maps are pretty big and complex. The game remains pretty stable as long as I leave it on. Again I think there's something missing in the saving of the game that causes immediate instability when reloading. For smaller maps this may not show up as prevalent but the larger the map will bring out the problems sooner.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 18 Feb 2007, 11:14

Seems that some crucial info is being stored in a variable that isn`t saved in a savegame file. I don`t remember the numbers exactly right now but some variables are saved within the save file and some are 'global' for all maps as long as the game is running.

edit:
I`ve forwarded it to the rest of the team.
Beholder

Return to “Wake of Gods”