I really want some easier way to create ERMs.

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Larry Stein
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I really want some easier way to create ERMs.

Unread postby Larry Stein » 01 Feb 2007, 03:28

I'm creating my own maps, and I want to use ERMs. I want to create my own artifacts, and my own features.

For example, I've decided to reduce the status points required for leveling up higher class henchmen.

Also, I'm going to create artifacts that will increase some creatures' health points to make them harder to kill, and some artifacts will give the hero his basic skills, so I'll put the hero start without any skills. These artifacts will based on the blanks. (Btw, could you place more blank artifacts and resource types?)

Anyway, could you tell me how to put an ERM script into a map?

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 01 Feb 2007, 09:41

Make an .erm file and name it exactly the same as the map and place it in maps folder. Second way woudl be to copy the entire code and paste it into a timed event in map properties (give it 500 days, no appliance to either of players - to prevent gamers from getting a message which would simple be the code itself).
Beholder

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 14 Feb 2007, 01:43

Would'nt it be great if someone could come up with a Script Generator. Hopefully some of our more creative minds out there could come up with something like this.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 14 Feb 2007, 07:26

I believe TNT has been working on something like that... but it was a long time ago. Check out the files in his yahoo group (free registration required).

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 15 Feb 2007, 04:36

I see this generator as a rather simple tool. Start off by typing in a field. Such as a creature or an object. Below the typed field, an automatic ERM line would appear. Below that line some simple questions would be asked of you and you put the answers in each box. As you type in your answers in each box, the ERM line or lines, change in the ERM command you are creating. To the point where you have created the script of your dreams. Also, as you create a new script, it checks for functionality with other scripts automatically. THIS would be the true ERM for dummies. :-)
I would also like to see a creature generator. It would have body parts from each and every creature in HoMM3 & WoG. Simply select the bodyy parts you want, put them all together, Name it and sit back while the program generates it. It would then ask you which creature you want replaced and Whoa-Laa!! New critter. :D

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 15 Feb 2007, 07:48

That ERM box sounds great... I would like a program where you add attack, defence etc... frames and then just push a button (and make it possible to add and not replace).

Return to “Wake of Gods”