Wake of Gods Campaign Walktrough

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Wake of Gods Campaign Walktrough

Unread postby RiccElijah » 12 Jan 2006, 11:04

*--*Heroes of Might and Magic III : In The Wake of Gods walkthroughs*--*

IN THE WAKE OF GODS

**The begininng**

Recommended bonus: Attack skill(I prefer attack. It's not too much of a difference)

First, collect all the resources around. In the south-west corner of the map, there is a sign that sais something like "Congratulations! You've found a secret passage to the end of the campaign" Do not visit it, because your hero will die. After you take ALL of the resources, go to the crusaders to the east. After you reach them, run away! Be sure you will NOT end your turn when the crusaders tell you to stop! What I mean is, after you visit them and go towards the 2 houses(yours and Dan's), they tell you to stop. Do not stop, do not end your turn there or you will be attacked! After that, visit Kirr's house, the destroyed house at the north of your house.Now go to the monk and he will tell you to go to the Water Wheel of Melnik. Melnik will tell you to go to the knight to the north-west of your house. Tell the knight about the crusaders. He will leave and leave a pikeman behind. Allow him to join your army. Now you have to leave Dan at the place where yor horse stumbles( that text will be disabled after you visit the crusaders for the first time), so stop when the crusaders tell you to stop, and leave the peasant in the square to the right of your hero. After that, go and hide in your field(where you are supposed to work) where a text shows up telling you that it would be a good place to hide there. Wait until the crusaders take Dan to his field, then go through the path that was guarded by the crusaders.Talk to all the guyz near the tavern. First talk to the halfing and he will tell you about his brother that lives in a garden of revelation in the north. Visit the rogues, then, a pile of gold is near the 3 hovels. Tell the rogues about the gold. After that, go to the Rogue cavern and take the book(answer yes to the question) Go to the halfing's brother and he will tell you to choose one of his 4 books. Choose one of them(I chose air magic). Go back to the tavern and speak to the gremlin. After you talk to the gremlin, visit the trading post which is along the gravel road. You should gain a catapult.Go back to the tavern and speak to the peasant.Walk along the road until you see a castle. Go to the bridge. A pikeman will say that he doesn't know you and he won't allow you to pass. Then, talk to the other two peasants in the field near the three hovels. One of them will give you a sword, and the other will talk to the pikeman that is guarding the bridge to the castle in the north. Go to the bridge, and the pikeman will allow you to pass. Go back to the tavern and speak to the zealot. He will tell you about the monk near the sanctuary(the sanctuary is near the faerie ring and the gem ponds as shown in the picture). Go to the monk and he will give you the Surcoat of Counterpoise. Go back(again) to the tavern and talk to the halberdier. After that, go back to the castle. The swordsman will tell you to leave. Don't do that because you can pass. Muve your cursor one square up the swordsman's garrison and you can pass. Walk through the second garrison and visit the marletto tower and the mercenary camp. Get out of there and visit the rally flag near the tavern. Visit the tavern and go to the castle again and talk to the swordsman. Visit the wagon which is along the gravel road. You should find a ballista. Now go to thewest of the castle in the snow lands. After you enter the snowy lands, collect all of the resources. Move your cursor over the wall just west of the castle and you will find a first aid tent. Go towards the Gorynych and talk to him. You should receive a mission telling you that you've finished the mission and 7 of 7 submissions. Allow the Gorynych to join you and...TADA...you've won.

NOTE: If anything is unclear, please take a look at the picture below. The image was taken when I finished the map.
first of all.. is possible to gain any magic or experience to bring in the next scenario?
Here is the solution for the 2nd map:

**Gorynich**

Recommended bonus: whatever you wish(I chose wizardry)

First, collect all the resources around. When you find a chest, and you have to choose between 0 gold and -500 experience , choose 0 gold because you WILL have -500 exp. While exploring, you should find a monk. Don't visit him unless you see the puzzle and the other monks east. After that, talk to him and he will disappear and give you acces to the puzzle. This is probably the trickiest part of the map. What you have to do is, make a column of the same terrain. Here are some hints:
1. Ask south-west brother to make second and fourth squares the same,
2. Ask north-east brother to make third and fifth squares the same,
3. Ask south-east brother to make first, third and fifth squares the same,
4. Ask north-west brother to make all squares the same(?);
You can divide the task in 3 parts:
1. Make squares 2 and 4 the same
2. Make squares 1,3 and 5 the same
3. Make all the squares the same
If you still don't get it, then visit the monks randomly. You will get it eventually. It's like a game of rock-paper-scissors or tick-tack-toe. After you take the grail, make sure that you've saved the game!!!. Get out of there and walk west. Gorynich should tell you that he built a castle, which looks like a cave. Enter it, leave the pikeman there and demolish each and every building(right click on a building to demolish it), except the blacksmith, which you can't demolish. Exit the castle screen and walk one square down. You should receive warning messages which tell you that you will be eliminated from the game. <b>Stand near the castle for 6 days</b>. To the west of the castle, is a little forest which is burning. When a message says that you have one day to capture a town, go to the castle that you've destroyed and you will fight a pikeman. Hire 5 ghosts from the blacksmith and leave through the burnt forest.Save the game.
Go to the scholar and then walk to the left a few squares and then, north, and then towards the dwarven statue. You will stop there and have only 3 days to capture a town, even if, before you stopped, had 5,6 or 7 days. Go west, and visit the rally flag. After that, collect the resource, right on the left but don't pick the campfire. You should see the unicorns to the west, go towards them a few squares, and go up immediately! You should see a gravel road. Walk to it, and go east, ON the road. After you see the clearing, walk north towards the garrison. When you reach it, go up one square to activate the trigger, or else you will be eliminated.Take a look at the pic below if any problems...
NOTE: The pic was taken when I finished the map.
Once you are in the town, take the creatures that want to join you, and visit their dwellings. Make sure that you've visited the dark-yellow tower, so you will able to "see again". After you can't recruit anymore, leave the town. Walk around, and when you go to the peasants, don't pick them! Fight them, so you can improve the number of your ghosts. Visit the peasants' houses until you get about 300-400 peasants. First fight the 1st level creature to improve your ghosts. There should be an imp cache around...
There are 3 enemy castles that you must demolish: a fortress, a rampart and a necroplois, which is blocked for the moment. Once you have about 800 or so ghosts, attack the fortress, which is in the NE corner of the map. Make sure you've attacked all the gnolls around and dragon flies, attack the lizard warriors which defend the heroes. Split the ghosts in two packs and ATTACK.
I'm having problems in gathering enough ghosts and to bring them near shooters quickly enough not to losing lots of them..
then I also have the technical problem of not beign able to split a stack during battle
Fight the enemy hero. Watch out for the frost ring...it can hurt BAD. After you defeat him, there should be some gnolls around, so attack them. Should be piece of cake for your ghosts...Attack and demolish the fortress. Do not go back to it!
don't mind if first time you leave town it will tell you have only 7 days to conquer other town.. it wil be true when you will go back to the town
Kill other creatures that are around and go back for more peasants. Use the quick-battle option if you don't wanna fight yourself. After you've gathered around 300 peasants again, fo to the rampart which is in the SW corner of the map. Defeat the centaurs, dwarves and elves that are around, including those that defend the enemy hero. His main spell is slow.
again.. any possibility to gain any spell before? or also the skill of first aid?
and same problem of losing tons of ghosths before to even reach the elves...
Before you fight him, you should spread the ghosts in 2 packs again. Defeat him and demolish his castle. A message should appear and ask you if you still believe the Gorynich. Answer "No". Explore the map...
It has appeared a message asking if I wanted to drink the vial..
what should I have answered??
There is a sanctuary in the east of the map. Talk to the scholar near it.
what if I visited him BEFORE??
Go south and visit the war zealot. A message will pop-up and ask you if you want to attack him. Answer "yes". Pick the chest. Go west, through the trees and bushes. It might not seem passable, but it is. There is a monk there. Go to him, and he will join you if you do one last thing for him...
There is a crypt in the south of the map that you can see in the 1st picture. Visit it and fight the guards.
What if I visited it before???
Now you can go to the Necropolis town, in the NW corner of the map. It should be harder to fight the necropolis hero and the castle, so make sure that you've killed all the lvl 1,2,3,4 and 5 units on the map. You should have about 1500 ghosts, so attack the Death Knight(Vokial, I think). Attack and demolish his castle. Go back to the monk that asked you to do something for him, and...TADA! The map is completed!
these campaigns are really frustrating.. if you do not have the indications at hand there is no way to conclude them :mad:

iLLer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Map 3;Campaign 1

Unread postby iLLer » 15 Jan 2006, 21:03

Greetings to all!
At me a problem with the third card. In a vault has passed on a circle four squares. Has then left on a surface in the left top corner and magicians have thrown me through a wall. Has filled up violet, and here what to do further? How to get out from this peninsula?

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 23 Jan 2006, 00:06

these campaigns are really frustrating.. if you do not have the indications at hand there is no way to conclude them
I agree. The things you need to do in order to move on sometimes don't even make any sense. The WoG team could do something about it, maybe?

Return to “Wake of Gods”