Really annoying problem in Life of Adventure

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
ericperim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Really annoying problem in Life of Adventure

Unread postby ericperim » 22 Jan 2007, 00:56

I am playing the first map of this campaign, and it is being fun, but I already had to restart twice because when the Ghouls week arrive, Ghouls are randomly placed around the mao, and happen to block my way. I cannot beat them with only my swordsman, a dwarf and a commander. Is there any way to keep this from happening or to get around this?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 Jan 2007, 08:08

Odd. "Week of" Spawns should not be permitted at all. Which version are you using?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 22 Jan 2007, 10:07

Ghouls? Like Zombie or Walking Dead?
Beholder

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 Jan 2007, 10:20

No. Like renamed Vampires without flying ;) (yes, their walking animation doesn't fit, but otherwise it works).

ericperim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ericperim » 22 Jan 2007, 17:17

I am using the latest version, I downloaded WoG only a week ago. BTW, I chose "yes" at that WoGIFY question during the loading time (still don`t know if I should use it or not, because if I don't do so there are events which do not happen), but did not change any option.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 Jan 2007, 19:05

You should have choosen "No", as you should with all WoG maps that doesn't explicitly say that they can be wogified.

ericperim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ericperim » 22 Jan 2007, 19:15

Allright then, thanks. I used to choose "no", but I read someone telling a guy who was having problem in Evil Way Home to do so, that is why I chose "yes" this time.
The map will be considerably more difficult with just hte swordsman and the dwarf, the paladin was really helpful.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 Jan 2007, 20:44

Don't worry, you'll soon meet a mage.

Oh, and I'd better warn you: Do not enter the Crypts in Emokon - they're bugged, so you can't get out. (If you're not sure you remember this, remember to save games fairly often, and in different slots).

ericperim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ericperim » 24 Jan 2007, 19:46

Now I am playing the scenario the right way, it is better now, there are some events which had not been triggered before. Though I think I missed the bird of perception, since I already crossed by boat towards Emokon but still have not found it.
And thank you very much for the advice.
This campaign is looking great btw

ericperim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ericperim » 26 Jan 2007, 02:19

Let me ask two more questions about this scenario, the first one is about those hidden things the thief tells you about (the one with the maps, in the guild in Emokon), am I supposed to dig the places he tells me about? Because I dug every tile in the Troglodite hills and could not find anything.
The second question is about the magic especialities, when I got to the Quest Guard which asks for the earth magic orb, I fought earth elementals and got expert earth magic and some spells (really usefull ones), but when I get to the place where I spend the water magic orb, nothing hapens at the water elemental dwelling, wasn't I supposed to learn expert water magic and some spells too?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jan 2007, 10:13

ericperim wrote:Let me ask two more questions about this scenario, the first one is about those hidden things the thief tells you about (the one with the maps, in the guild in Emokon), am I supposed to dig the places he tells me about? Because I dug every tile in the Troglodite hills and could not find anything.
You're not supposed to dig anywere, but visiting holes sometimes mean that you can find hidden treasures ;)
The second question is about the magic especialities, when I got to the Quest Guard which asks for the earth magic orb, I fought earth elementals and got expert earth magic and some spells (really usefull ones), but when I get to the place where I spend the water magic orb, nothing hapens at the water elemental dwelling, wasn't I supposed to learn expert water magic and some spells too?
Yes, you're supposed to recieve Expert Water and some spells there as well.

ericperim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ericperim » 27 Jan 2007, 14:46

Then those treasures must be some I already found around the map.

But I think I found a bug in the map, since everytime I visit the Water Elemental Conflux it just says the water keeps its flow, and nothing happens.

Return to “Wake of Gods”