New Town(s) Idea- Refugeess!!!

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
EliteKill
Peasant
Peasant

New Town(s) Idea- Refugeess!!!

Unread postby EliteKill » 14 Jan 2007, 12:09

Well I had this idea a long time ago, before I knew about WoG, and thought it would be cool to so it. Now I know it may be possible, but I will need some help. So my idead is of 3 new towns, known as Refugees (Like the Good towns, Evil towns, and Natural towns). The towns will be Good Refugees, Evil Refugees, and Natural Refugees (better names?). My idea is that each town will have new creatures based on the refugees in it, so the Good Refugees will have monsters based on Castle, Rampart and Tower while Evil Refugees will have monsters based on Dungeon, Inferno and Necropolis. I haven't thought of every monster, but started making images of some:

Good Refugees:

Level 1: Elf Kid (walker)/Battle Kid (walker)

Some elfs (elves?) send their children to learn how to battle. In times of war, the kids are sent to combats along with senior warriors. Battle Kids are titles given to students that do extra-well. They are given better armor and a hammer.

Level 2: Swordgolem (walker)/Powergolem(walker)

Wizards that didn't like the way of their town ran away and created Golems to protect them. Unfourtinatley (spelling?), the wizards didn't have the materials to produce Golems as strong as the wizards in the big Tower towns did, and the Golems were weak and abondond (spelling?) quickly. Refugees that found the Golems trained them to Swrodgolems. Swordgolems that were tougher than the others were trained better better and given a golden sword instead of the normal ones and became known as Powergolems.

Level 3: Centaur Mage (walker/shooter)/Centaur Sage (walker/shooter)

Some centaur refugees that ran from Rampart towns stole food from wizards who were patrolling boarders. The centaurs were caught, but the friendly wizards agreed to make a deal with the centaurs: they would teach and give them magical abilities, and in return, they would stop stealing food from their camps. The centaurs agreed, and they met with other refugees to become Centaur Mages. Old and wise Centaur Mages become Centaur Sages and are given better staffs (?).

Level 4: Thunder Warrior (walker)/Thunder Crusader (walker)

Swordmen and Crusaders that ran away from Erathia decided to study the power of storms. After meeting a clan called Thunlight which consisted of Giants, Titans, and Storm Elementals, the Erathian refugees reaveled (?) some secrets in order to obtain Thunder swords. These people and the ones that follow the same way are now known as Thunder Warriors and Thunder Crusaders.

Level 5: Tree Spirit (flyer)/Nature Spirits (flyer/caster)

Geines that deticated their lives to nature instead of magic became Tree Spirits. Being banished from the Tower cities, the Tree Spirits turned to the Rampart towns only to be rejected again. Found by a group of refugees, the Tree Spirits are still loyal to the ones that accepted them. Tree Spirits that have reached a certain age recive new magical powers and become Nature Spirits.

Level 6: ?

Level 7: ?

Natural Refugees

Level 1: Goblin Soldier (walker)/Goblin Footman (walker)

Level 2: ?

Level 3: ?

Level 4: ?

Level 5: ?

Level 6: ?

Level 7 :?

Evil Refugees

Level 1: Undead Troglodyte (walker)/Troglodyte Zombie (walker)

Level 2: ?

Level 3: Hellhound Riders (walker)/ Cerberus Riders (walker)

*Skeletons on Hellhounds/Cerberus

Level 4: Fire Medusa (walker/shooter)/Hell Medusa (flyer/shooter)

Level 5: Undead Minotaur (walker)/Undead Hellminotaur (walker)

Level 6: Messanger of Death (walker)/Angel of Death (flyer)

Level 7: ?

Monsters (will be updated):

As you can see, I just started. I have no idea what to monsters to put in the "blank" spaces. I'll be happy for any ideas and anyone is welcome to help me (I can do the graphics, although I'm not really good, but I need more help with the coding). Also feedback will be helpfull :D

ericperim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ericperim » 15 Jan 2007, 02:48

Elves using hammers? Sorry, but this is kinda strange, and I also did not like the graphics very much, they are just hte normal ones barely edited. Don't take me wrong, no offense intended.

Shadow7000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shadow7000 » 25 Apr 2007, 00:45

HI I'M new in this site, I research some Wog artist and graphics for a very special castle, can you respond me. Thanks and I'll give you my e-mail and we will discuss about this. I have do all except the graphics so I want an graphic editor of WOG.
Thanks for reading.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 30 Apr 2007, 12:10

stone golems, the 2 centaurs, the 2 swordmans and the messenger of death (but not his upgrade) look good.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 03 May 2007, 10:01

I don't mean to be rude, but new town ideas are popping up all over the place, and few, if any, will ever come to life. Nothing personal, but this seems like one of the worst ideas. :x

I'm sick of all these half-baked ideas, so instead of coming up with more or less good ideas for additional towns, try to help one of the existing serious projects, like New Town Group's Bastion. That goes for all of you.

:ashamed:

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 03 May 2007, 16:46

Paladin wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but new town ideas are popping up all over the place, and few, if any, will ever come to life. Nothing personal, but this seems like one of the worst ideas. :x

I'm sick of all these half-baked ideas, so instead of coming up with more or less good ideas for additional towns, try to help one of the existing serious projects, like New Town Group's Bastion. That goes for all of you.

:ashamed:
Well, the problem is that ideas are plentiful, but graphic designers are in short supply. Most of the further-along new town groups already have everything the way they want, so they don't need new ideas (testers maybe, to suggest small modifications, but not people with all new ideas). Some are just bogged down with slow production of graphics.

In this case, the person working on this has even gone to the trouble of working the graphics out as well. If you don't want to help, that's fine; if you see problems, by all means state them- criticism can often help- but nobody has the right to tell someone to give up on their own idea and join someone else. Remember that this is, first and foremost, a HOBBY (except for the programmers of the official games), and so each person enjoys it in a different way.

If someone has an idea, there is no problem for it to be put out there for comment. If someone likes the idea, s/he will help with it. If not, s/he won't. Some people like coming up with ideas.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 03 May 2007, 19:32

Alright, sorry for being so mean. I don't want to ruin anyone's hobby or anything. By all means, post your ideas here for discussion. With some suggestions from the members here, this could actually become a better and more complete idea.

I'm just so eager to actually play a town, instead of just reading about it, and I get frustrated about the slow progress sometimes. Forgive me for taking it out on somebody else. :sad:

Return to “Wake of Gods”