Some questions about WoG

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Some questions about WoG

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 04 Dec 2006, 09:11

Finally I have time to download it, so I did and installed. Since I'm new with WoG, I'd like to ask these :

1. Is it possible to install and play WoG if I only installed SoD without AB ?

2. Whenever I tried to make random map using WoG map generator, it crashed. I still be able to WoGify any random map created by SoD/AB random map generator though, so that's what I did (create random map then WoGify it). Is that supposed to happen ?

3. Sometimes the WoGified game crashed when I tried to fight 'normally' in Dragon Utopia (but it didn't if I choose auto-playing the battle). Why ?

4. The creature banks won't regenerate at the beginning of the month (at the 'creature bank regenerate' option checked). Is that supposed to happen ?

5. On the 'creature rebalanced' option checked, I found elementals from Conflux were given additional stats/powers, etc instead of lessened. Is there any clue about what exactly the 'rebalanced creature' does to every creatures ?

6. I found sometimes the AI won't go anywhere since suddenly a powerful neutral camps occur within its movement path. How strong is that neutral camps at the beginning of each week (when 'every week=week of creature' option checked) ? Can that be someway altered ?

FYI, I used AB/SoD game with RoE (don't remember the version), no Gold/Platinum edition and WoG 3.58f.

Thanks for answering :-D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Dec 2006, 11:47

ad1) Yes, though it's not giving perfect results as some objects and creatures will be missing.

ad2) Mapeditor must be updated too, here is current address for it.

ad3) I must confess that I didn't have time to test new scripts myself so I don't know. In past here was such problem with Luck script in all caches.

ad4) Indeed they should regenerate, that was always working. After some time they respawn and start to grow again.

ad5) Sorry, didn't checked it yet.

ad6) Yes, through experience script control from wogify menu(first tab), you may choose custom and tweak it.

;)
Last edited by Pol on 07 Dec 2006, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Some questions about WoG

Unread postby Fnord » 04 Dec 2006, 17:42

1. I think the only thing missing if you don't also install AB will be the AB maps and campaigns. As far as I know, WoG will work fine with just SoD (the SoD executable actually includes all features, including the random map generator but it's normally "hidden" if you don't have AB installed--I think WoG makes it available anyway, but not 100% certain).

2. There was a problem with getting the map editor to generate random maps in WoG. It was a known problem and only fixed fairly recently. Go to the link Pol gives for the updated map editor.

3. Sometimes the WoGified game crashed when I tried to fight 'normally' in Dragon Utopia (but it didn't if I choose auto-playing the battle). Why ?

3. I haven't noticed this mysef, but if you're experiencing crashes, it could be that it's a bug now fixed in the recently posted script updates. Or did you already have them installed?

4. The Creature Banks regenerate 28 days after they've been captured (if that option is active), not at the start of each month.

5. Open script37.erm in the ERM script editor and you should find some information there (the script is commented). If you don't have the ERM script editor, you'll need to download the ERM_tools package from the regular download page.

6. Right-click on the neutral creatures to see approximately how many there are or use a spell like Visions or Rogues to check exactly. The number increases as the game progresses. You could adjust the number by editing the Week of Monsters script but you'd need to know a little about ERM scripting first.
- Fnord

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 05 Dec 2006, 20:41

at 1.
The only thing you miss are AB campaigns, maps, and conflux town in editor (but you can copy & paste it from any map that already has it).
Beholder

suppercow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby suppercow » 07 Dec 2006, 06:28

I can't download mapeditor update

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Dec 2006, 12:13

Link repaired.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 10 Dec 2006, 08:32

Thx Pol. That map editor's just what I need and I'm planning to make new map using WoG options.

And yeah, about the creature banks, I've just recently noticed that :hoo:

For creatures appearing at the beginning of new week, it seems rather complicated. Yesterday I played when the 3rd week is week of unicorn, and when unicorns start popped-in near AI castles, they stopped to do anything. At other game, a week of gremlin seems to pose not so serious a problem. The unicorns appeared only in small numbers (8-9) while the gremlins started in hordes but it changed AI behavior significantly.

Anyhow, do you know how to change commander's position in battlefield (without Tactics) ? Sometimes the place they are (right in the middle of my army) happen to be the exact place of enemy's target. This uh...I realized this after my sister's circular mighty gorgons charged right there and it seems to be the easiest, cheapest way to eliminate enemy's commander :(

Pol
Admin
Admin

commander placement

Unread postby Pol » 10 Dec 2006, 09:31

That seems to be good catch but here is nothing particular yet. But it can be make up using ERM
(I'm sure though I don't know details, Fnord will :D )

PS You are lucky, to me once happened week or Archangels so not only the AI was looking bit confused^.
"We made it!"

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 11 Dec 2006, 19:46

BoardGuest808888 wrote:Anyhow, do you know how to change commander's position in battlefield (without Tactics) ? Sometimes the place they are (right in the middle of my army) happen to be the exact place of enemy's target. This uh...I realized this after my sister's circular mighty gorgons charged right there and it seems to be the easiest, cheapest way to eliminate enemy's commander :(
Each creature on the battlefield has a stack number (0-41). The first 21 are the attacker, the next 21 are the defender.

A hero's stacks, including Commander and War Machine will be placed in the first positions for each side. So if the attacker has 4 monster stacks, a First Aid Tent and a Commander, 0-3 would be monster stacks, then it's either the tent or Commander next (I'm not sure which order they're placed in) and then the remaining one (tent or Commander).

Probably the easiest way to find the Commander stack and move it would be to use a battlefield setup trigger !?BF; and then a DO Function loop, looping through all possible stacks. Check for a Commander creature number (using BM:T to get the stack's monster type) and if it's in the range of numbers used for Commanders (see Format C in ERM Help for creature numbers), it will be a Commander. Then use a BM:P command to set a new position.
- Fnord

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 26 Dec 2006, 12:13

In the 'Enhanced Creatures' mod, it is said that some neutrals also related to certain type of town. Does that also applies for native terrain movement restrictions ?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Jan 2007, 00:08

I don't think so, but you may easily convice yourself. Sadly I'm not using all the scripts so I may be wrong too.
"We made it!"

Kitson2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kitson2 » 25 Jan 2007, 18:31

Just to say I've had a great time with this mod and really looking forward to the next version.

Just a couple of questions.

1. I noticed the AI player doesnt appear to use the Mirror of the Home-Way or possibly the Living Skull. Can anyone verify this? From a map making point of view it would be useful to know which locations or features the computer player can't or wont use.

2. Is there an optimum script for network play to avoid synching problems? (I know some things are automatically disabled in this mode but there were still issues the last time I attempted a lan game).

3. Heroes 2 used to have cursed artifacts which worked quite well. Are there any any future plans to incorporate this option into WOG? - I think it has lots of potential but may be a nightmare to implement.

Cheers and keep up the good work

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

re

Unread postby doom3d » 25 Jan 2007, 21:45

Hi,

If you don't have AB but SoD, you can enable AB options. Just download absod.exe, or create manually empty txt files, and rename them.
You will need :
/3do/heroes/h3blade.exe

In /3do/heroes3/data :
H3ab_ahd.snd, H3ab_ahd.vid, H3ab_bmp.lod, and H3ab_spr.lod .

After that SoD will recognise, that you do have installed AB! ;)
Conflux will be enabled, but you will not have the AB campainges or maps.

Doom3d

Return to “Wake of Gods”