weekly event

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Lamaclown
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

weekly event

Unread postby Lamaclown » 30 Nov 2006, 14:13

I know there is a way to set up an event to happen once a week when visited by a hero (i.e. windmill). I read it before but I can't find it now. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: weekly event

Unread postby Fnord » 30 Nov 2006, 22:38

Lamaclown wrote:I know there is a way to set up an event to happen once a week when visited by a hero (i.e. windmill). I read it before but I can't find it now. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.
You mean a custom scripted object or a placed (blue) event or something?

There are probably several ways to do this but one of the simplest is to use the PO receiver to set a PO "variable" for that square when visited. Then simply check for the PO variable in your object (or event) trigger and if it's already set, exit.

Then use a weekly day 1 timer to reset the PO number again at the start of the week. If you have multiple objects, use UN:U and a DO loop to loop through all of them at the start of the week.
- Fnord

Lamaclown
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lamaclown » 06 Dec 2006, 13:29

Thanks for the reply. In answer to your question it is for a custom scripted object. I'll give this a shot. Thanks again.

suppercow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby suppercow » 07 Dec 2006, 06:34

I don't understand. Can you tell more

Lamaclown
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lamaclown » 28 Dec 2006, 15:18

Sorry Fnord,
Its not that what you told me doesn't work it is simply that I don't get it. I have been playing around with it trying to understand it and get it to work before I asked for help again but I am not able to get it.

What I am trying to do is create a pond (only one on the entire map)whose surface turns to gold when the sun hits it at the beginning of the week. Whatever player gets there first collects 7500 gold.

One problem I had is that once a player triggered it, there was no need for it to be revisited because the gold was automatically added to the owner at the beginning of the week.

I tried fixing that but now the event automatically triggers on day one giving gold to every player.

Aaargh!!! Any words of wisdom anybody?

Return to “Wake of Gods”