Runtime Error wogifying original campaign

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Gay Lord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Runtime Error wogifying original campaign

Unread postby Gay Lord » 28 Nov 2006, 11:47

I have recently reinstalled H3. I downloaded WOG and installed that. I have been having fun playing the original Restoration of Erathia campaign with wogified maps. However, halfway in, I suddenly can't proceed. I have finished the first three parts:

Long Live the Queen
Dungeons and Devils
Spoils of War

The next parts are Liberation and Long Live the King. I played the first map of Liberation and recaptured steadwick. When I try to start the next map, I get a "Runtime Error" and the game crashes every time.

I tried browsing here and I read that custom wog options might be the problem, so I returned to default settings, but it still crashes.

I select my bonus, watch the little intro vid, then I'm asked if I want to wogify the map or not. Whether I say yes or no the game crashes.

Any ideas?

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/ ... gcrash.jpg

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 28 Nov 2006, 14:09

How many times has it happened?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Nov 2006, 17:34

Problem may (could) be in the wogified scenario before, there where are set transferable elements into this scenario.

Either you will need correct save or restart whole campaign.

I have no idea which of wogify settings may cause this or either if error will happen always or it's just abomination which should not happen.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Gay Lord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gay Lord » 28 Nov 2006, 19:01

I tried playing Long Live the King to pass the time. I did the first map and again, the second map causes crashing.

I tried deleting and reinstalling everything several times to no effect.

The notion of having to do the entire thing all over again does NOT appeal to me. And besides, what's to say I won't spend days doing them all again, only to have the crashing still there?

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 28 Nov 2006, 22:18

Gay Lord wrote:I tried playing Long Live the King to pass the time. I did the first map and again, the second map causes crashing.

I tried deleting and reinstalling everything several times to no effect.

The notion of having to do the entire thing all over again does NOT appeal to me. And besides, what's to say I won't spend days doing them all again, only to have the crashing still there?
I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that Warlords Banners and maybe other new artifacts will cause the crash. Try removing all such artifacts from all of your heroes prior to ending one map (assuming you still have a save game) and see if that lets you load the next map properly.
- Fnord

Psyringe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Psyringe » 29 Nov 2006, 05:48

I had the same problem (game crashing upon generation of next campaign scenario, when the previous scenario had carry-over artifacts). I couldn't sort it out (but I still have the save, in case somebody wants me to try someting ;) ).

I finally loaded an earlier save, and generated the map with the carry-over artifacts again, this time un-wogified. Then I used the cheat code to win the scenario. This advanced me to the next map without crashing on its generation.

arkantos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby arkantos » 30 Nov 2006, 19:40

I have received this error a lot of times and it always seems to be something your hero or one of the others are carrying.
If you look at the scenario information, most maps will only let you carry over the main hero, so just before you kill your last enemy, or complete the map objective to win, simply dismiss all of your other heroes and remove all of your artifacts that you are carrying.
If the map objective is to actually capture a paticular item...well you will need to download the campaigns from
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/campaignarchive/
it may be a little hard to find there, but they are there

Gay Lord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gay Lord » 01 Dec 2006, 18:14

Thank you all! I loaded up a save, dropped all extra items, including troops with warlords banners, and the next map loads fine! I have seemingly now lost the picture for the min-video, although the text still scrolls beneath, but that's a very minor price to pay. Thanks guys!!

Return to “Wake of Gods”