Commander Question

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Commander Question

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 02:02

How can I access the commander screen?

Arkas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arkas » 13 Nov 2006, 02:54

Should be a picture of two gauntlets on the hero screen, click on that. It's at the top in the middle of the screen.

If that doesn't work, then it's possible that you don't have the wogify option turned on.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 03:04

I have the WOGify option on because I selected it to be on.

Psyringe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Commander Question

Unread postby Psyringe » 15 Nov 2006, 23:10

The Mad Dragon wrote:How can I access the commander screen?
I think there is a display bug in WoG.

You access a hero's commander by clicking on the "two hands" icon on the hero's screen. This icon is located directly above the inventory slots for "weapon" and "ring (right hand)".

However, this icon does *not* show up when playing the campaigns of "Restoration of Erathia" or "Armageddon's Blade". The functionality is still there - clicking on the area where the icon should appear will call the commander screen - but you just don't see the icon. This only happens in the original campains, I haven't seen it happen in scenarios, custom campaigns, or WoG campaigns.

I think that this bug only happens when the hero screen does *not* have the one additional inventory slot for multi-part artifacts. When I see this slot, I also see the "two hands" icon that brings me to the the commander screen. When I don't see this slot, I don't see the icon.

Perhaps there are two hero screens in the game data, and only one of them has been changed to show the "two hands" icon.

If that's not a known bug, I suggest further testing and/or documentation, because it's rather difficult (at least it was difficult to me) to find out what's going on when the documentation tells you to click on an icon, and even displays the icon, but said icon just doesn't show up anywhere ;). (It would have shown up if I had played anything else besides the old campaigns, but I decided to start with them and stuck with them.) I finally managed to hunt down a screen shot of a WoG hero screen which showed me where the icon was *supposed* to be, and then I found out that clicking in that area works nevertheless, even when the icon itself is missing.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 16 Nov 2006, 02:19

Thanks, Psyringe. I guess I've never tried to play those campaigns Wogified myself and I don't recall any team members mentioning this (although I'm sure some of them must have played the campaigns and noticed). I've made a note of it for future documentation and/or correction.

And I'm sure you're exactly right--the old campaigns must use a different graphic image for the older Hero screen and it was never modified to include the Command handshaking icon. In theory, it should be fairly easy to fix.
- Fnord

Return to “Wake of Gods”