What's the limit on stack experience bonuses?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Arkas
Peasant
Peasant

What's the limit on stack experience bonuses?

Unread postby Arkas » 04 Nov 2006, 02:57

How many special "abilities" can you give a particular unit?

The most I've seen is 6.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: What's the limit on stack experience bonuses?

Unread postby Fnord » 04 Nov 2006, 06:48

Arkas wrote:How many special "abilities" can you give a particular unit?

The most I've seen is 6.
Are you talking about stack experience?

If I recall, you can give up to 14 abilities but that includes stat bonuses too. I think only 6 special ability icons (or maybe it's 8?) can be displayed in the stack experience screen.
- Fnord

Arkas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arkas » 05 Nov 2006, 04:12

Yeah, I meant the special abilities that show up at the bottom of the stack experience screen.

I'm gonna play with it a little later. But Thunder lords (among others) have 6, with enough room left for the warlords banner bonus. So maybe 7 will fit with the banner, 8 without. 14 sounds like fun to test :)

Any idea what would happen if there were more than would fit on the screen? If not, I'll let you know tommorrow :)

EDIT: And thank you guys, this mod is great. And I love the ERM scripting. It's a bit tricky to get into, but kind of like assembly in a cryptic sort of way, once you know what's going on, it gets significantly easier.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 05 Nov 2006, 05:07

Arkas wrote:Yeah, I meant the special abilities that show up at the bottom of the stack experience screen.

I'm gonna play with it a little later. But Thunder lords (among others) have 6, with enough room left for the warlords banner bonus. So maybe 7 will fit with the banner, 8 without. 14 sounds like fun to test :)

Any idea what would happen if there were more than would fit on the screen? If not, I'll let you know tommorrow :)
Okay, yes it's 8 abilities that can be displayed (including Warlords Banner if it exists). If you have more than 8 abilities that require icons, only the first 8 will show up but the others will still be there. If you set more than 14 bonuses of any types (not including the Warlords Banner), you'll get an error message when you start a map and I believe only the first 14 will work.
Arkas wrote: EDIT: And thank you guys, this mod is great. And I love the ERM scripting. It's a bit tricky to get into, but kind of like assembly in a cryptic sort of way, once you know what's going on, it gets significantly easier.
This is true--it definitely gets easier. Some things may not be 100% logical (like the way variable letters are assigned) but that's partly because Slava developed and added to ERM as he went along--for example, first the flags were created then the "quick variables" were created and only after that followed the standard "v" variables.

Anyway, despite a few idiosyncracies and so forth, it's very powerful in what you can do, which is cool. :)
- Fnord

Return to “Wake of Gods”