WOG bug

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
ChaosDragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WOG bug

Unread postby ChaosDragon » 03 Nov 2006, 22:16

No big deal bug just to let someone know. Started a game and commander early on had the fire shield ability. This abilitiy never worked once. Not even sure where the commander got it. I think he had it from the start. Was a rampart castle and hero.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 09 Nov 2006, 16:19

wasn`t there an option that gave random ability to commander at the beginning of the map? Wasn`t it part of some rebalanced factions / enchanced commanders or so?
Beholder

ChaosDragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

yes

Unread postby ChaosDragon » 10 Nov 2006, 01:36

yes I think its in the wog options set up. The fireshield never works for my commanders (rampart castle)

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 11 Nov 2006, 10:29

ok, there is another option, that changes some skills (like changes death stare to... I don`t remember what :)) Anyway there is a script that changes some abilities into different ones. Maybe that`s what happens here, except that you still get an old icon and description? Try to check wether instead of fireshield you have some other ability.
Beholder

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 11 Nov 2006, 21:37

Beholder wrote:ok, there is another option, that changes some skills (like changes death stare to... I don`t remember what :)) Anyway there is a script that changes some abilities into different ones. Maybe that`s what happens here, except that you still get an old icon and description? Try to check wether instead of fireshield you have some other ability.
You're absolutely right. I just opened the script and checked the information near the start and it says:

*** "Fire Shield" ability replaced with expert Magic Mirror
- Fnord

Return to “Wake of Gods”