Can i change the number of heroes that can be used in a map

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Can i change the number of heroes that can be used in a map

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 29 Oct 2006, 03:17

As everybody knows the number of heroes on any map on heroes 3 is 8 i would like to change that number for certain maps, is that possible?

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Can i change the number of heroes that can be used in a

Unread postby Fnord » 29 Oct 2006, 06:05

Pollo2002 wrote:As everybody knows the number of heroes on any map on heroes 3 is 8 i would like to change that number for certain maps, is that possible?
Not as far as I know.
- Fnord

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 29 Oct 2006, 14:03

I don't know how to increase that number, BUT, a script that activates when you click on a tavern or visit one on the adventure map could be used to prevent you from hiring one when you have fewer heroes.

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 29 Oct 2006, 22:14

Buh, i'm more interested in decreasing the number than increasing it.
But what i want is to change the number of possible active heroes, that is you could be able to have more heroes, just not active (in the same way it happens with the 8 hero restriction)
so i don't want that to cut the number of heroes you can buy, but the number of heroes you have active, so i would need a script that doesn't allow you ungarrison a 5th hero (if the limit is 4).

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 30 Oct 2006, 02:52

Pollo2002 wrote:Buh, i'm more interested in decreasing the number than increasing it.
But what i want is to change the number of possible active heroes, that is you could be able to have more heroes, just not active (in the same way it happens with the 8 hero restriction)
so i don't want that to cut the number of heroes you can buy, but the number of heroes you have active, so i would need a script that doesn't allow you ungarrison a 5th hero (if the limit is 4).
It may be possible to prevent a player moving a hero from the garrison slot to the visiting hero slot, but the problem is that when you buy a new hero it always appears in the visiting hero slot (not the garrison slot), so it's automatically "active". I can't think how you could allow more than 4 heroes to be bought but not let them be active unless you also restrict buying as QQD suggests (by cancelling clicks on the Tavern, for example).

A map-specific (but perhaps slightly inelegant) method of restricting heroes is to put the extra "active" heroes somewhere they can't escape (encased in rock is good ;) ).
- Fnord

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 30 Oct 2006, 06:33

i don't have problem with the inelegant method, but having 4 heroes in the heroes bar on the right side of the screen that you don't use, is simply annoying

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 30 Oct 2006, 08:13

Pollo2002 wrote:i don't have problem with the inelegant method, but having 4 heroes in the heroes bar on the right side of the screen that you don't use, is simply annoying
True. And I suppose that's one of the reasons it's inelegant, but you're right that it would likely be too annoying for the players.

So that pretty well just leaves banning of clicking on the Tavern, or if you don't wish to do that (as there is another important uses for the Tavern--information), you could instead disable all Heroes in the hero pool from being hired by the player, re-enabling them if they have fewer than 4 active heroes. That would result in the tavern being empty when they have 4 or more heroes active.
- Fnord

Return to “Wake of Gods”