Adding (making a new creature)

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Zeki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Adding (making a new creature)

Unread postby Zeki » 31 Aug 2006, 10:53

I have a question for WOG team

How can i make a new monster (animation and everything) and then import it into a game and maybe castle? Is there a way?

And can I make a creature to be upgraded twice? Centaur - Centaur Captain - Sylvan Centaur in a castle?

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 31 Aug 2006, 17:41

As for graphics I only know that you have to make animations and put them in a def file (I believe there was a programe called defmaker for doing this). Then if you`d like to actually add the creature then it would require you to do some hardcoding I think (thich means writing some code in C?). It would be much easier to pick up a creature and change it`s animations and stats to what you like. This can be done using a script. As for upgrading it would require another script but I believe this one would be quite short.
It`s generally not so easy to addd acreature yourself - it`s much simplier to change one of existing creatures.
Beholder

emrysblack
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby emrysblack » 08 Sep 2006, 16:22

Do you know what creature you want to make? Like have you done the animations? Or are you just gathering info for future reference? The game only supports a limited number of creatures and we haven't been able to change that yet (correct me if I'm wrong), so for now the most practical thing would be to make the animation. You could test it by replacing a current creature and then changing stats through ERM. (You'd need a few tools to do it though) If you come up with something you can post it online somwhere to show. If people want to make it permanent you would try getting in touch with the wog team.

As for the second, there's already a script out there that does that. It's called "universal creature upgrades" or something like that. I don't know the script number off hand, but I believe that Grand Elves upgrade into Sylvan centaurs, but you could change it with some very simple editing.

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 10 Sep 2006, 15:00

I would really like to know how to change an existing creature, because I have gathered some peoples and we try to make a town together.

Return to “Wake of Gods”