Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 30 Oct 2009, 10:36

Today's PotD gave me an idea: as the graphics of Ballista & Catapult include wheels, perhaps it may be possible to have a script in the next WoG that would allow us to move them on the battlefield (for better range or other purposes).

Perhaps it may look odd if they move in any direction other than straight ahead or backwards, so their movement could be restricted to the row of hexes they start on. And ideally would be of course if the graphics could be altered to have the wheels turn when they move.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Oct 2009, 11:21

Zamolxis wrote:Perhaps it may look odd if they move in any direction other than straight ahead or backwards
On the other hand, every single unit in the game animates as moving straight, yet they actually move in various directions.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Oct 2009, 14:05

If they can crack the code and allow new units, then it will be not big deal to create a moving balista. Right now you can do it but have to replace one unit (and design animations), as the balista in itself is static.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Oct 2009, 14:13

I hope they do that... If not, we can always wait for VCMI!

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Oct 2009, 14:51

I appreciate that those guys are working on VCMI or 3.59. However I fear that by the time they will be done, nobody will remember HoMM exist, not mentioning I may not still be alive. :D

kochujang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kochujang » 25 Nov 2009, 09:43

Salamandre wrote:I appreciate that those guys are working on VCMI or 3.59. However I fear that by the time they will be done, nobody will remember HoMM exist, not mentioning I may not still be alive. :D
I started playing HoMM3 again a couple of weeks ago, after playing HoMM5 on and off the last couple of years. Just as I finished my first HoMM3 scenario for several years, I discovered WoG (how could I have missed it all this time :ashamed: ).

It made me a HoMM-enthusiast again and I am now exploring everything WoG has to offer, and will play HoMM3 for some time now. I will most likely not go back to HoMM5 again (if ever) :)

FunBun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby FunBun » 19 Dec 2009, 05:38

I think there should also be an alternative to the Tower grail, The Skyship. It really annoys me and spoils my game when I get to see the entire map, plus it takes a lot longer to finish the game because you can see all movement from then on. Maybe a wog option can be made so you can choose between the normal Skyship bonus and an alternative bonus.

Also, creature xp shouldn´t be completely linked to the xp your hero gets anymore. In campaigns, after you achieved the max level in that scenario, your creatures cannot gain any more xp while fighting for that hero. That´s something that bothers me really.

Sometimes, my heroes get a negative xp count after a battle, because the enemy surrendered before I could do anything. I´m not sure where the negative xp is based on (perhaps the damage received by an offensive spell), but it is possible (especially in campaigns when you have reached the max level) to lose your last level. You won´t lose any primary or secondary skills, but next time you gain xp, you gain the lost level again and you DO receive an extra secondary skill and a primary skill. The primary skill will always be the one you got from the first time you reached the level, so if I make sure I get my max lvl 15 hero in a campaign to lvl 14 and back for 7 times, I might receive 7 attack, defense, sp, or knowledge.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 19 Feb 2010, 03:58

Oh, one I've just thought of, a change to certain map objects (obelisks and the like) so that you can enter them from N, NE and NW as well as the other directions.

Edit:
And an ability to continue playing after losing all your towns (yes, you can do this technically, but only for a week, I want an option to make it 'forever'), and maybe another to start a game without even owning a town (although make it so that the nearest one to you is of your own type).

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 13 Nov 2010, 21:26

There are a couple of things I want to suggest:

1: Bad luck - No body cares about bad luck because it doesn't happen to begin with. Having bad luck actually occur in the game would make Misfortune a lot more fun to use. I can imagine the Misfortune spell graphic appearing when bad luck occurs, but maybe we can find something else. Something rare. Like that Death-Knight-sword-banging-against-shield graphic that I've yet to see once in the game. Then there's that mysterious gray sword banging against a gray shield. It'd be interesting to see that used for something.

2: Finding a use for the unused spell or "creature spell" animations.

These are things that I never knew existed until I browsed through the spell animations. Here are some examples:

a: Yellow eyes - These are most fitting IMO for the Death Stare. These look like two yellow, triangular eyes that flash.

b: Death knight sword vs shield - a Death Knight sword bounces off a shield in this one. This may be used for some kind of defense or resistance against something.

c: The gray sword/shield - My only guess that this was once used as a test when Heroes 3 was in development. It looks kinda primitive, but that's why it's so cool. It's very mysterious. I think it could be a defense or resistance against a different type of effect, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: disregard C, I found out what it's used for. I saw it when a Stronghold commander blocked an attack.

Dj0rel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dj0rel » 29 Nov 2010, 23:05

Is it possible to enhance spells. There are many spells that are pretty much useless. For example:
Hypnotize.
Basic: Target, enemy troop of less than ((Power x 25) + 10) Health is put under your control. Allied troops may attack hypnotized troop without fear of retaliation.
Advanced: Same as Basic Effect, except that Health of target must be less than ((Power x 25) + 20).
Expert: Same as Basic Effect, except that Health of target must be less than ((Power x 25) + 50).

You would need SP 42 to cast it on 10 Nagas.

Perhaps it could be something like this.
Hypnotize.
Basic: Target, enemy troop level 1-3 is put under your control. Allied troops may attack hypnotized troop without fear of retaliation.
Advanced: Same as Basic Effect, except that level is 1-4.
Expert: Same as Basic Effect, except that level is 1-5.

obelisk v2.0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk v2.0 » 26 Dec 2010, 02:40

Here's my idea, as a fix for something that annoys me to no end - if you lose a town with a Capitol to someone who already had a Capitol, yours gets demolished. Is it possible to make it so that your capitol remains and a single player can own multiple Capitols (yet still remain unable to build a Capitol if they already own one)?

enki33
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version

Unread postby enki33 » 31 Jul 2015, 10:38

it could be good option in random maps to disable monoliths
tnx

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Aug 2015, 12:54

This is impossible to do -without serious backside effects-. When a random generator places a monolith, it does so because there is no other way to link two zones. If you remove the monolith, then one of the zones will probably become inaccessible.

So the optimal way would be to code directly in the rmg.txt, the main code for generating maps. Maybe VCMI will allow that.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Oct 2020, 08:46

Closed as obsolete.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Wake of Gods”