Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 23 Nov 2008, 13:48

SantaGremlin wrote:First, thank you all for your work!
- I heard caravans is deleloped already. Is it still so?
I will handle this. I already created the bitwise packer script. It enables You to read/write user defined composite variables stored in a series of "v" variables. I may use PO numbers as well.
exemple: Caravan type, 3 bit owner flag, 8 bit creature type, 3 bit timer, 10 bit number of creatures, 10 bit rounded experience. So we will have max. 7 caravans per town, stored on 48*7*34bit. I may store stack experience as well (required by caravans going from town to town).

** update **
Please, share your ideas about AI support. It's very hard to predict where the AI will need troops, and also hard to tell the AI that caravans will arrive.. (actually impossible)

I didived the script into the following moduls:
1. creating caravans from town
2. handling arrived caravans by player
3. creating caravans from dwelling
4. caravan moving algorithm (approx. 15 tiles/day, half day for map level change)
5. AI support

Modul 1 is almost done. From here I can copy most of the code for modul 3. Modul 4 is easy, the idea is clear. I will solve modul 2, but have to think over the last one. So, any idea?

** update 2:

** update 3:

linker163
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby linker163 » 15 Feb 2009, 17:44

install intructions

-new towns
-monster from mm seris would be cool
--thats it
Only thing what i want is to hear your scream as you DIE!!!

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

H3 Caravans- script 130 preview

Unread postby doom3d » 08 Mar 2009, 16:55

First part is ready and tested, working on part 2&4.
First caravan departed:
The 7 caravan/town limit works also propely.
For the next step I need to write approx. 11 functions, wich will definitely take time.

Currently I have 3 ideas to improve the ai: lowering prices for caravan troops, speed boost to ai caravans, and instantly sending units from nearby external dwellings to town dwellings for free.
I guess that 20%..80% price reduction and 20%.100% speed boost for easy..impossible would be enough. Any comments or ideas?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 08 Mar 2009, 18:44

I can't have any idea without testing the script. Hurry up and forget the short dressed ladies.

Any way, seeing the poor AI in action a lot, it seems to me it should have a huge discount. Maybe 90% at higher dif.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Mar 2009, 18:54

Why?

Lets include them in the script as a cause for random delays. :rofl:
(finishing late delivery with the nice and undeniable excuse)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 08 Mar 2009, 19:55

Pol, why you need to came with the devil temptation?

It is obvious to me you never saw Hungarian ladies. They are not ( read hot) compatible with any ongoing project.

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 22 May 2009, 13:35

looks nice :D

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 27 Jul 2009, 19:26

New wish: Enhanced Dispel behavior

I was always a bit annoyed by the fact that (Expert) Dispel was also removing the curses from the enemy creatures. As for mine, I always had Cure to remove only the hostile spells, but there was no opposite effect spell for the enemy troops.

It would be great if 3.59 could include a script to enhance Dispel as follows:
Basic Effect: Removes all spell effects from target allied or enemy creature troop (current Advanced Effect).
Advanced Effect: Removes all hostile spell effects from target allied or benefical spell effects from enemy creature troop.
Expert Effect: Removes all hostile spell effects from all allied creatures and all benefical spell effects from all enemy creatures on the battlefield.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 27 Jul 2009, 19:47

This will be very disputable. Dispel is...dispel magic, so it removes ALL magic boosts or curses on the battlefield. Actually giving to the AI expert dispel is giving him a chance to remove that cheap force field who can ensure easy win.

Thats why it is a strategic spell, you have always to choose between its positive and negative effects. Changing it to something always beneficial will greatly over increase its value, IMHO.

obelisk v2.0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk v2.0 » 15 Sep 2009, 06:14

If on the subject of Expert Dispel, there is one thing that would be nice - the ability to choose to cast it either in Expert or Advanced skill level, so that if I need to remove an effect from a single creature I do not have to remove every effect on the field along with the original target.
That would be an improvement, but not one that would make the spell very much stronger, unlike Zamolxis' suggestion (which would be good, if Expert Dispel's cost was increased quite a bit).

LarvaExotech
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LarvaExotech » 26 Sep 2009, 16:16

changing spell system to one from H1 would be good - by memorizing spells.

that system (without spell points) could sound stupid but think about it:

* more tactical action - you must revisit town with implosion from time to time, recovering only mp is a lot easier. also if a town has for example dimension door then there would be battle for that town for entire game - because heroes will have to revisit good m-guilds often, not like now "one time and i dont need that town"

* you can use a spell (K / Lvl) times (rounded down), while K is knowledge and lvl is spell level. that mean if you have 12 KNO and you visit a mage guild with lighting bolt, magic arrow and dimension door - you could end with having 6x lightings, 12x magic arrows and 2x dd which is more fair than having 200 mana (+another 200 from intellect) which basically means you can cast 20x Dimension Door

* improved use for unuseful spells - with our old system, we wont use for frost ring/fireball/blood lust often, because for those mana points we could use something way better. but with h1 spell system, you could (and would) use many spells like death ripple / frost rings / fireballs / mirth / bloodlust and many many many many others because they wouldnt affect your ability to cast imposion or whatever

i think it could help to rebalance heroes, especially on few basis:

* shit spells vs good spells
> more weak spells would be used in battle where we would normally converse spell points

* might vs magic heroes (and towns)
> magic hero with weak army wouldnt be spamming exp. ressurection / summon elemental each turn making themself unbeatable

* player with DD/TP/Fly and player without DD/TP/Fly
> even having DD/TP/Fly player could cast it 3-4 times and he/she should revisit town

a bit chaotic post, but thats my mood today, sorry for that.

Eduardo The Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Idea for a new alignment

Unread postby Eduardo The Wizard » 30 Sep 2009, 10:07

My idea for a new town

Asylum: Weak walls but can be reinforced somewhat,strong tower archers,Mage guild level 3,vast scouting radius,

Heroes:Band Leader(might)starts with scouting(gives additional rogues),Blood Mage(magic):starts with fire magic

Army: 1st:Rogue(non upgradable)
2nd:Thug, upg.Bandit (from Might&Magic 6)
3rd:Raider, upg.? (light cavalry,throw javelin before melee if attacking an enemy at least 2 hexes away)
4th:Blood Acolyte(cast fire arrow),upg.Blood Adept(cast bloodlust,fire bolt,frenzy)
5th:Sniper(no range penalty,50% less ranged and magic damage,first strike when attacked in melee)upg.?
6th:not sure
7th:not sure

please reply

Eduardo The Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

New alignment

Unread postby Eduardo The Wizard » 30 Sep 2009, 13:00

This asylum would be neutral alignment. Renegades, bandits, cast-outs, outlaws.

6th:Sorceress, upg. Mighty Sorceress
7th:Pet Green Dragon(like in Might&Magic 8), Pet Red Dragon Weaker than the rest of level 7 creatures, but much cheaper.Basic growth 3 per week.

Eduardo The Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Memorizeing spells etc.

Unread postby Eduardo The Wizard » 07 Oct 2009, 16:52

I agree with LarvaExotech, but i also think that those two systems could be combined into one somehow. It should be given some tought.

ChinaBlue
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChinaBlue » 10 Oct 2009, 00:29

I'd like to see a function to either put notes on the map or when you click on a quest in the log it takes you straight to the corresponding seer's hut/quest guard.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 10 Oct 2009, 01:18

ChinaBlue wrote:I'd like to see a function to either put notes on the map or when you click on a quest in the log it takes you straight to the corresponding seer's hut/quest guard.
Hi ChinaBlue. Looong time no see. :wave:

Can you detail a bit how do you see those map notes implemented? Sth like the Signs that we have now, which could be placed in the ground by heroes and read(/removed) when visited? Or some other form of R-clickable object?

I'm asking because, in case your suggestions won't make it into the next WoG, then I'll add them to the WishList for VCMI, which will eventually provide way more possibilities of implementing such things than a simple mod. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

ChinaBlue
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChinaBlue » 11 Oct 2009, 21:54

Hi Zamolxis, nice to meet you again. I sort of said hi to you before but perhaps you chose to ignore the content of that message, which is completely understandable ;)

I'm not aware of signs that can be placed in ground by heroes? What option is that?
What I mean is like Heroes 5, click on a quest in log and move straight to the hut. I like user made double XL maps but unfortunately the makers of those maps adore quests (TEWIII), so when there are 30+ on the list it gets a bit (much) frustrating to figure out where the hell gretta who needs a griffin resides. But if I could put signs on the map (as in CiV4) it can also work out.
Anyway, thanks for the link (another thing I wasn't aware of), I'll check it out and see you around.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 12 Oct 2009, 22:25

ChinaBlue wrote:I sort of said hi to you before...
Err... you mean the post in the Title Screen Music Evolution? I know I'm WAAAY behind with a certain map :P but even if we'd have met in 5 years I wouldn't forget or pretend to forget about it. ;) I just didn't notice the post until now. Life hasn't been generous with my free time - I barely manage to dedicate a couple of hours a week to games (and it's been like that for more than 3 years already). I think I haven't been able to complete 1 scenario this year... can't imagine how much building (my first) one will take. Lack of time and fear of failure would be the main reasons, but I didn't forget. It's not really my thing, but I still want to try it one day, and my first map will be for you (and I'll dig in different forums for your requests: "little birdies", "grass", "evil genie" IIRC, etc). ;)

Back to H3, you can't place signs on the ground, but I guess you know the H3 signs (which in WoG you can even rename). I was trying to see if a solution to the first part of your request would be (same as we can now place signs on the map from MapEdit), to implement a future that will allow you to place such signs on the map even while playing. But perhaps it's not remotely close to what you wanted. :p

About the other suggestion, clicking on a quest in the log to take you to the hut should not be that difficult to implement (certainly easier than placing signs on the map I think). I'm not sure about WoG, but it could surely be done in VCMI. Though it won't be soon (project is at least 1y away from completion IMO).

ChinaBlue
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChinaBlue » 26 Oct 2009, 22:10

quiet here...
It would be great to see the next Wog coming out. Who'd ever wanna play without stack experience, accumulating creature dwellings, lords of thunder...
Chuck still doesn't like it? i'll never forget that, and the pic of ugly creatures :-D
I've checked out the project site, kinda fuzzy but if it ever works it'll be fantastic I'm sure, if you all can do just about anything with it..sounds good. will keep an eye on it.
Yes that is what I mean about the signs but will not be worth the effort. I think..i just want one click> bam. Too much clicking with this game as it is.
About the map, just run a random and adjust it a little, with the little you know,you know, chill. Or how about a second round first, I predict you will be picked for beta testing HoMMVI;-)...no?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 27 Oct 2009, 00:45

If you check both options:

1) Sorcery II
2) Can rewrite signs

then you can write notes and read them from far, if you have sorcery. Of course, the script can be adapted with a little coding to work without sorcery as well.

Return to “Wake of Gods”