Buglist

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Tessera
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tessera » 08 Dec 2006, 17:05

Graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9250, Windows XP. All drivers are current. DirectX is the current version. And it's worked fine on this comp before I installed WoG.

At any rate, reinstalled all the drivers, defrag'ed the hard drive, same problem. C++ Runtime Error, points at the .exe file, then below that, says "abnormal program termination", then crashes to desktop.

I'll try a complete erase and reinstall, but if that doesn't work... then I've got no clue.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Dec 2006, 19:51

If that will fail then I will ask you to send a complete error message here. It may helps too.

Just to ensure you, WoG is not designed to making such terminations, it's also first time when I heard about that. (More solutions: you may send me one of your saves, for checking or something like that....)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Tessera
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tessera » 12 Dec 2006, 20:00

What all will you need, Pol? I'll send it wherever it needs to go.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 14 Dec 2006, 11:50

Arkas wrote:Enhanced Commander Artifacts can give their secondary skill to the Hero permanently. And it seems to break secondary skills (or maybe they are already broken, I'm not sure I'm relatively new to WOG).

1. Take a hero with 8 skills, (or 10 if you have them turned on)
2. Equip a Commander artifact for a skill you don't already have.
3. Level up, if the commander artifact skill comes up as a possibility, choose it.
4. Remove Commander artifact, skill remains, one level lower (from advanced to basic, if it hit expert, you get to keep it at expert).
5. Go after the next commander artifact for a skill you don't have.

My Hero had 16 skills at Expert. A force to be reckoned with :)
Does this happen for the newest version of the Enhanced Commander Artifacts script? I know in an update if it got enhanced to Expert and you removed the artifact it went back to Advanced. Can you still get the extra skills even if it gets set back to Advanced?

Andrean
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrean » 20 Dec 2006, 19:03

After installation of the WoG-Script-Update I played a wogified map with Inferno; I built the castle gate within 2 towns, but instead of travelling between the towns I only can buy there war machines!

LarvaExotech
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LarvaExotech » 02 Jan 2007, 00:55

(downloaded script update)

Minor bug in Eagle Eye boost (that one which gives new spells on lv up) - if AI levels up and don't have spellbook, message is showed to me ;P

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Jan 2007, 03:07

Andrean wrote:After installation of the WoG-Script-Update I played a wogified map with Inferno; I built the castle gate within 2 towns, but instead of travelling between the towns I only can buy there war machines!
Try to full reinstall or experimenting with used scripts in the wogification. I cannot see the image.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 04 Jan 2007, 17:57

Do creatures ressurected by the first aid tent after battle have their stack experience adjusted by the new creatures ressurected? If not, then I had a situation where my centaurs lost around 8000xp after the tent ressurected about 20 centaurs. :(

ericperim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ericperim » 21 Jan 2007, 18:49

In Evil Way Home, after changing my face to a human one in map 3, the hero's portrait becomes a messy picture when I load the game, and I receive a message the bitmap could not be found.

sputnik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sputnik » 01 Feb 2007, 08:01

(Downloaded the Sagamosa scripts and Script update)

I've installed the Sagamosa scripts and the script update, but nothing seemed to work. A lots of error messages came up during the loading sequence, and when I started to play no WoGification worked.

What should I do to make the scripts work?

Tips, help and hints would be great.

(Waiting for WoG 3.59...)

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 25 Feb 2007, 17:50

Hi. I have WoG 3.58f with the last script update, and while my Paladin was trying to heal my Angel, I got this msg:

Is this a bug?

If you click on the image, you get the full screenshot, containing also a graphic glitch (which didn't bother me at all actually - it disappears at the next move).
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

re:

Unread postby doom3d » 26 Feb 2007, 19:55

sputnik wrote:(Downloaded the Sagamosa scripts and Script update)

I've installed the Sagamosa scripts and the script update, but nothing seemed to work. A lots of error messages came up during the loading sequence, and when I started to play no WoGification worked.
What should I do to make the scripts work?
The Sagamosa package is incompatible with almost everything. Use 3.58f +Script Update only. He's actually working on the 3.59 compatible version.
There are some other, 3.58f+Script Update compatible addons, like mine:
http://doom3d.uw.hu
Next version (build 10) will be out around the end of march.

Doom3d

Stoofanello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stoofanello » 12 Mar 2007, 21:07

Version: 3.58f + script update.

Hi,

I have 2 issues to describe:

1st problem:
------------

When I wogify a map I have a bug that prevent me spliting monster stacks in the heroes inventory.
To split a stack, either I select a creature and I click on the split button, either I select the stack while holding shift. Both ways now fail.
On the mousse button down event, the split button becomes enabled, but on mousse button up event it comes back greyed.
I can split stacks in town screen or when 2 knights meet each other. It is a bit annoying to play with only one stack of monsters at the begining .
A friend has not the problem, but if he loads a map I saved, he experiences the same issue.
If I use a SOD map and don't wogify it it works perfectly... strange huh? I tested various combination of wog options but i'm not able to test all of them .

An example file can be found here http://www.badongo.com/file/2448816 for a few days.

2nd problem:
------------
A crash can be reproduced if too many griffins are present in the griffin conservatory with the option "Neutral town and creature bank growth". As soon as a player, human or computer, attack the conservatory a crash occur. The limit before the crash was around 1800 griffins per stack (8 months played on a huge map). Is there a way to fix it ? (sorry got no save fot it , i just remember that and not see it in the bug list )

and...
Kalt is too strong! :-D

Tcho !

Edit : for the 1st problem , i've forgotten to say that that was multiplayer game and only one of us got the bug . ( that he can reproduce in single player , after reinstalling all wog )

obelisk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk » 21 Mar 2007, 13:56

1) Sometime, my war machines disappear for no reason. Enhanced War Machines III is enabled and it usually happens when i have over 30-40 of them, although once i lost a battle because my only 2 first aid tents disappeared some time before that.
2) Commanders sometime do not give the war machines they are supposed to give.
3) Warfare skill sometimes gives no war machines (only when the hero has his own)
4) Sometimes the game chrashes when i try to hire a high level hero with a lot of artifacts. The game shows an error message that begins with The latest ERM script activated and a part of the script, then shows a LOOOOOOOONG list of all kinds of numbers and although i know little about erm i can still tell it is definitely not a script. The same bug sometimes happens when i try to pick up artifacts someone has left on the ground.
5) Once quite long ago my stronghold army was strong enough to trample anything. Then, one day, this army lost its biggest stack (27000 wolf raiders) out of nothing. I ended my turn, it's all ok. I begin my next, look at my army and there are no wolf raiders when there were supposed to be these 27k. instead i was given 27 rogues.
6) I don't know why but i can not use erm to set a monster's cost to be in mithril (i tried to do dracolich - strengthened it very much, increased cost to 35000 gold and 5 mithril. Somewhy the game shows a bunch of error messages, but it actually boosts the power of dracolich and its gold cost. Mithril cost is not set, instead it continues to use 15 mercury.

Stoofanello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stoofanello » 21 Mar 2007, 21:34

Version: 3.58f + script update , MP game .

Playing with the option "9th 10th skill" , i got my 9th skill then equip my hero with a commander artifact that grant a basic skill . When i've got a level , i've got no choice to level up the skill of the commander artifact , just one choice -> increase the 9th skill . Then i go to my hero windows , check the additionial skills and got a CTD .

Thanks for all your great works , playing in MP games in now wonderfull , Tcho !

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Bug report

Unread postby doom3d » 28 Mar 2007, 16:55

affected versions: 3.58f, and 3.58f+Script update

Script51, enhanced commanders

Commander gets totally wrong resistance %, when gaining Magic Power skill by picking up Emerald of Speed.

Seems to be a hardcoded bug with !!CO:B6.

Robertukas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WoG 3.58f Install Problem

Unread postby Robertukas » 31 Mar 2007, 21:57

I'm not the only one, who have this problem.
Look at Battle_Mage's post here:
http://forum.df2.ru/index.php?showtopic=5080&st=20

I have:
WinXp SP2
DirextX9.0c
Heroes 3 Complete
All regional options is: English (United States)

I've downloaded allinon1.zip from
http://wakeofthegods.strategyplanet.gamesp.../download.shtml, i.e. from
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/strateg...og/allinon1.zip
BTW, russian URL
http://hmm3.fclan.ru/redir_e.php?id=69
doesn't work!

When I try to install allinon1.zip I get message about wrong .wog file.
WoG Intallation ends at 6%.

Yes, I can unrar all .wog files, i.e. archives seem not damaged.

I've downloaded allinon1.zip from different locations and got the same error.
I tried to put those .wog (main1.wog, main2.wog etc) files to UPDATE folder and run H3wUpd.exe (extracted from main2).
I also tried to run H3wUpd.exe when in UPDATE folder were not .wog files, but extracted (from .wog) files (i.e. there were folders main1, main2, etc.) and the I got message that there is no .wog files in UPDATE folder.

Lets look at WoGDebug1.txt:
InstallShield Ver 2.65
Version: - New Install
Lang.: 00000409
Time: 12:01:57 AM
Freespace: 16924532736
Installpath: f:\games\3do\heroes 3 complete\
Programs: D:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Start Menu\Programs\
Desktop: D:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Desktop\
Language file was found
Check Unrar.dll version; Vesion=3
Start searching for multilanguage files
Extracting
main1.wog - OK. size of file: 9597423
Extract Information File - OK
General label was found - OK
About label was found - OK
main2.wog - OK. size of file: 5835575
main3.wog - OK. size of file: 7075256
main4.wog - OK. size of file: 5178224
main5.wog - OK. size of file: 2773071
main6_optional.wog - OK. size of file: 1038225
main7_optional.wog - OK. size of file: 818929
main8_optional.wog - OK. size of file: 266123
Video_short.wog - OK. size of file: 6845809
Extracting complete
Stop searching for multilanguage files
Choose companents for install
main1.wog is checking
main2.wog is checking
main3.wog is checking
main4.wog is checking
main5.wog is checking
main6_optional.wog is checking
main7_optional.wog is checking
main8_optional.wog is checking
Video_short.wog is checking
End of Choose components for install
installing
Installing is main1.wog
Installing is main1.wogInstMult.txt - OK
Installing is main1.wogExtract H3bitmap.txt - OK
f:\games\3do\heroes 3 complete\Data\H3Bitmap.lod Size = 105724954
Installing is main1.wogADD H3bitmap.txt - OK
Installing is main1.wogExtract H3Sprite.txt - OK
f:\games\3do\heroes 3 complete\Data\H3sprite.lod Size = 64973159
Critical error in file f:\games\3do\heroes 3 complete\InstallWoG\AVA0004.DEF, install aborted
Erro in action: Free pointer file
End installing with error

I also tried to install WoG by this way:
3.5 , 3.51->3.52, ..., 3.58->3.58f
all those versions I downloaded from here:
http://wakeofthegods.strategyplanet.gamesp.../download.shtml
But I could't install even 3.5 (I have only install.zip, is it a whole WOG v3.5 ?).

Robertukas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Robertukas » 02 Apr 2007, 11:52

Please tell me, is there anyone on this planet, who have installed WoG on Heroes 3 Complete using allinon1.zip ?

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 02 Apr 2007, 17:24

Robertukas wrote:Please tell me, is there anyone on this planet, who have installed WoG on Heroes 3 Complete using allinon1.zip ?
I did it. First on WinXP, after that on Linux. Works propely.
About the first: WinXP SP2, Directx 9.0c, install dir: F:/games/3do/heroes3/
I really don't know, what is the problem. Try to reinstall Windows?

I have downloaded 3.58f install files from http://heroes.hardwired.hu
( "Letöltések", "WoG install"), and Script update from WoG homepage: http://wog.celestialheavens.com/

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Apr 2007, 19:34

Please tell me, is there anyone on this planet, who have installed WoG on Heroes 3 Complete using allinon1.zip ?
I really don't know, what is the problem. Try to reinstall Windows?
Really, what was giving you problems? Can you mention them?
"We made it!"

Return to “Wake of Gods”