Pros & Cons of WoG

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 01 Aug 2006, 02:13

ByteBandit wrote:Yeah, I like the Death Chamber too. Just beautiful when you step inside it's seething death! :-) (This script courtesy of Rich Reed.)
Right off hand, about the only object that's close to the Death Chambers' neatness, would be the Adventure Cave that I can think of. And another option in the WoG Options woud be Passable Terrain. With this option "on" you can traverse over mountains, albeit slowly. You encounter new objects on the battlefield according to the type of Terrain you are traversing over. (Both scripts courtesy of Fnord.)
Thanks, Byte but the Adventure Cave was actually written by Donald--just the Passable Terrain script is mine. :)
- Fnord

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 01 Aug 2006, 02:18

(Adventure Cave courtesy of Donald and Passable Terrain courtesy of Fnord.) ( Correction by ByteBandit ) :-)

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 08 Aug 2006, 21:22

I just want to add that I think WoG has finally won me over. After all these years of playing homm3 and having done just about everything there is to do, my passion for the game was slowly starting to burn out. But after playing WoG, it added a whole new dimension to the game, and that fire has been rekindled.

To be honest, most of the WoG options, I don't even use, but the few that I do really make the game a lot more fun. I think the most influential for me is stack experience. I didn't think I'd like this too much at first, but as it turns out, it's a real gem. I especially like the look of all the little icons that represent the creatures skills. The art is very nicely done.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I'm really happy that I came across WoG, and I think the team did an wonderful job designing it. I'm really grateful for all your hard work so I can enjoy this great game even more. ;)

Oh, before I forget, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the main theme of WoG from a different homm game? I can't believe I forgot which one though, I thought I knew all the music by now. That's another pro about WoG though.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 08 Aug 2006, 22:02

Yes, first meeting with wog was great :)...

Nowadays i mostly use only hard coded features but it still added a drop of a new life in h3,... which is only turning to anger when facing hordes of diferent messengers :P...

But now since h5 is out i prolly wont play wog until 3.59 version is released.. and i hope those 3 new towns that are "in progress" for v3.59 will indeed be finished by that time.

For those that dont know about them, heres a snapshot of each of them.

GROVE (Dark Elf Town)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/s ... rmg/11.jpg

BASTION (Egyptian Style Town)
http://www.daugavpils.udens.lv/newtownw ... ild/08.jpg

FORGE (Originaly planed town for h3 expansion revived)
Hmm... i seem to be unable to find a pic atm,... but im sure i seen it somewhere...

Also, i havent visited many wog related threads in a while so these might be inacurate... esp about the forge... while egyptian and grove one i think last news were that they indeed are going to be in 3.59

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Aug 2006, 05:40

"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Lappen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lappen » 26 Aug 2006, 13:18

Is that site supposed to look like that or is it hacked?

Hunter Killer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hunter Killer » 27 Aug 2006, 21:43

As far as I know, this was the plan for the Forge. Sexy, I think, but decidedly "unHeroes".

Not all drugs are good, some are...Great.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 Aug 2006, 21:54

I know a lot of work has gone into making the forge town, but I'm not a big fan of it. I would rather see the Drow town come to life than the Forge. Makes more sense to have Drows than robots.... :)

Hunter Killer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hunter Killer » 27 Aug 2006, 22:19

I want all three. Forge, Bastion, and Grove. I'd also like them as add-ons rather than replacements, but replacement towns are just fine if the WoG team can't figure out how to add new ones.
Not all drugs are good, some are...Great.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 28 Aug 2006, 00:27

These towns will happen, there's no doubt in my mind. I can't say how it will all be done as far as replacements go.
In any event, Bastion will fit in as far as a HoMM3 storyline will go. Most definitely the Drows will be HoMM3 story driven. Forge will have it's limits. It will be a fun town to be sure, but limited story wise.
Other possible towns for consideration in the future: Water town-A town underwater, Asian town-Asian Mythological creatures, The Equinox-South American Mythological creatures..... :-)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Aug 2006, 11:22

IRT Hunter Killer
The original forge concept was Naga Tanks, Jumping Minos and some green shooters/fighters. I didn't found any details about it recently.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Wake of Gods”