Great amount of functions at the same time

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Great amount of functions at the same time

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 20 May 2006, 14:15

I have a plan about making every spell and creature ability like i want, but that would mean, make every creature action like 1200 functions to trigger , that will be noted with a delay or a pc can do that like nothing?

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 20 May 2006, 17:44

it will be noticable on average PC
maybe try to use creature experience?
Beholder

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Great amount of functions at the same time

Unread postby Fnord » 20 May 2006, 18:36

Pollo2002 wrote:I have a plan about making every spell and creature ability like i want, but that would mean, make every creature action like 1200 functions to trigger , that will be noted with a delay or a pc can do that like nothing?
I'm sure executing 1200 functions for every creature action can't be what you mean...

Perhaps you mean that for any given creature type there would be a couple of functions and the total number is about 1200?

And for any given spell cast, the same?

Even checking conditions (like creature number) to determine which function to execute can be done a lot faster I think. Instead of having a fixed function number, you could use a variable, so if the creature type is number 47, it would call Function 47 (or add 10000 to it and call Function 10047). I'm not certain if this is applicable to your script design but it's something to think about.
- Fnord

Return to “Wake of Gods”