WoG Crashes Heroes

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
BelenusDmn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WoG Crashes Heroes

Unread postby BelenusDmn » 15 May 2006, 23:44

Hi,

I am using the latest version of WoG installed over the fully-patched versions of SoD, H3, and AB. I have found that after playing a WoGified map on my laptop, after a while there will be a significant lag eventually resulting in H3 closing.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is this a common problem with WoG?

thx

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 16 May 2006, 09:48

do you get any error messages or is it just that the game crashes without any messages
Beholder

BelenusDmn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Game...

Unread postby BelenusDmn » 17 May 2006, 14:18

Crashes without any messages.

Is this typical of WoG games? Once the player gets to a certain point in the game, the autosaves are no longer loadable?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 17 May 2006, 14:48

Are you the Belenus I know? :|
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: The Game...

Unread postby Pol » 17 May 2006, 15:35

No it's way uncommon. Perhaps you may cut off some scripts in WoGify options - for me, Warfire, or Enhanced F.A.T. caused problems often. Some of other combinations could be also hard to cooperate sometimes. Try to set something conservative - note: Hardcoded options are always fine ;-)

How strong computer do you have? I remember that sometimes here were problems risen by some uncommon hw variations....
Angelspit wrote:Are you the Belenus I know? :|
Sure, your formal ancestor is Back. :hoo:: "Huuuu. "
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 17 May 2006, 18:13

Pol has a good idea. Do as he says and maybe you`ll be able to find out which script (or scripts) cause game to crash. Maybe there`s some bug that appears when you have some certain options turned on at the same time, and this 'setting' was not tested or played so far?
Hmm.. you could always try to reinstall the whole game (H3 and WOG). Sometimes it helps...
Beholder

Shark
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shark » 19 May 2006, 16:41

AFAIK, you shouldn't patch RoE, AB or SOD before installing WoG... the patching edits the exec file, which is then edited by WoG... while it may sound reasonable, the patching of the games is writing stuff to SoD that WoG already has / didn't expect to be there so it just writes his own stuff... as a result -- you get a nasty mixup that cannot be resolved thru mortal means :))

example: lets say patch 1 adds +1 to the file, patch 2 adds +1 to the file, and patch 3 adds +1 to the file...
so by patching the file with the patches, you would get +3...
maybe slava has already patched his HOMM or whatever and all of the patches are included in the WoG patch... so, WoG adds +5... so instead of finishing with +5, you ended up with +8... so the question is -- which 3 do you substract ?

anywayz, i don't know anything about WoG installer, but i do know that a fresh install of HOMM3 without updates works fine with all WoGs...

that's just my idea...

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 19 May 2006, 17:06

I'm pretty sure I always patched SoD to 3.2 before installing WoG. I suspect that it makes no difference if you patch SoD or don't patch it with respect to installing WoG but I could be mistaken since I don't reinstall SoD too often.
- Fnord

Return to “Wake of Gods”