A way to make the quick battle script available for network?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

A way to make the quick battle script available for network?

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 12 May 2006, 07:57

I'm really interested in the quick battle option that let you not use mana in quick battles, and i would like to be able to be used over network , how should i do?

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: A way to make the quick battle script available for netw

Unread postby Fnord » 12 May 2006, 17:34

Pollo2002 wrote:I'm really interested in the quick battle option that let you not use mana in quick battles, and i would like to be able to be used over network , how should i do?
Open script25.erm in the script editor and locate the Quick Combat script -- it's somewhere around line 2485.

Near the start of the script, just after the start of battle trigger, you'll see this line:

Code: Select all

!!BA:E?y-6; [Type of battle (0 if runs at this PC and not network battle): y-6]
Remove it. Now do the same for the second occurrence of this line just after the end of battle trigger. Save script25.erm.

Now the script should operate during a Network battle. It hasn't been tested in a Network battle so I have no idea what the results will be. If you find that it doesn't work, you might want to try replacing the !?BA0 trigger (normally used on a single computer only) with !?BA52 which is supposed to run on both the attacker and defender's computers. Do the same with the end of battle trigger !?BA1 (replace it with !?BA53).

If it still doesn't work, you'll have to experiment on your own to see what might work, but if you do get it working (or if you find it works fine with no changes at all besides deleting those two lines), let me know and I'll update the script for the next official script update. :)
- Fnord

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 19 May 2006, 04:20

I tryied to understand the quick combat battle and i felt lost, i want to modify it like this

if Human vs guards, you have the quick combat with mana and the quick combat without mana. no normal battle option

if you instead attack other human no quick combat at all only regular battle.

Can anyone tell me how to modify the quick combat script to do that? please?
So basically i want to force players to do quick combat vs monsters even if they have quick combat disable, and force them to do normal battle vs heroes eve if they have quick combat enabled

Return to “Wake of Gods”