ERM

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
FunBun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

ERM

Unread postby FunBun » 21 Aug 2014, 16:40

This might have been asked before, but I'm going to do it again anyway:

I really like working in the map editor and editing all sorts of maps to create something nice. With ERM, there are a lot of possibilities, but no matter how much I put my brain to it, I just don't get ERM. I am a complete noob when it comes to scripting and reading the ERM for dummies page doesn't help. I have no clue where to start and how it is build up. Not even the simple things I have in mind are achieved and tbh I am clueless how I would even do that. The instructions for dummies show scripts, yet not how they are build up and what the options are. I miss the very basics of how these scripts are build up. Without a guide to 'what to do next' I have no idea what to do.

On top of that, I took a simple script from the tutorial map (the one that gives upgraded griffins instead of normal ones) and placed it in my map. I tested it a several times and all went well, until the dwelling that should give champions (rather than cavaliers) started having angels as guards and angels for hire.

One of the things I would like to do furthermore is get a specific Warrior's tomb to give me either a random major artifact or a random relic artifact.

Is there anyone who could give me some help? I don't need full scripts, but just need to know how to do it. I even read posts from people that say they learnt it in one afternoon and know nothing about scripting. How did you guys start to learn it?

Thanks in advance :)

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 22 Aug 2014, 05:47

For erm help I strongly suggest to register in HC and ask here:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=8288

There are several people who may help there, while I don't recall CH wog erm section to be updated.

Erm is not hard once you get past the first shock. It only depends on your determination and goals.

Your request:

Warrior tomb has its own receiver in Erm help:

!!WT#1/#2/#3: Warrior's Tomb at x,y,l coordinates
(Warrior's Tombs are Type 108)

A$ - Artifact number (Format A1)
S$ - has artifact=1 or not=0

So assuming your warrior tomb is at coordinates x/y/z the code would look like this:

Code: Select all

ZVSE

!?OBx/y/z&1000; when visiting object at x/y/z coordinates
!!OB998:T?y1; get what type is this object
!!FU&y1<>108:E; exit if type is not 108 (warrior tomb)
!!WTx/y/z:A36 S1; the tomb will offer Helm of Heavenly Enlightenment  (ID=36)
Then of course you could improve the code to offer random artifact, relic, custom message, give more than one artifact, more than once, create a battle, show Angelina Jolie nude, almost all you want. Erm is very powerful.

FunBun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby FunBun » 23 Aug 2014, 17:56

Yes, the first shock is there. I have no starting point or basic understanding to start from, which makes it really chaotic. Determination is not really a problem, but without experiencing success it is futile. My goals are not big, so starting small isn't a problem.

As for the script, why did you include the first three lines? Can't you just say something like:

-Warrior tomb at location x/y/l gives Artifact X to visitor

Or do you first need a trigger (!?) before a receiver (!!)?

Or is it for when an object changes during modification (the WT changing into something else) that it won't behave as a WT anymore?

Thank you so far and I will definitely sign up there :)

Return to “Wake of Gods”