Rebuilding a town

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
FunBun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Rebuilding a town

Unread postby FunBun » 11 Jul 2014, 08:53

This issue only recently occured to me and it's pretty annoying. When I destroy one town and rebuild it as another, I get creatures from the former town in my new dwellings. Currently in a game, I destroyed an Inferno town because I want Archangels, yet I get devils when I build the Portal of Glory :(

Does anyone know how and why this occurs?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 11 Jul 2014, 16:32

This should not happen. Do you use wog 3.58 or Era?

Go wikisend.com and upload your save before starting town demolition, so I could test and see where it screws.

FunBun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby FunBun » 19 Aug 2014, 13:12

Hey, sorry for my late reply. I don't have a save from the situation I mentioned, but instead I found another one with the same problem. This time my Gnolls have decided to become Skellies. Here is the link to the file:

http://wikisend.com/download/614206/Save.CGM

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 19 Aug 2014, 21:10

I see, you are playing wog 3.58 and regular campaigns.

Wog 358 is no longer supported so I can't even open your save. But from what I've seen myself, regular campaigns can not be played properly with wog or even era, many bugs will occur.

This applies only to campaigns, custom/random maps are safe.

FunBun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby FunBun » 19 Aug 2014, 22:12

What is the latest version then? I haven't been very active on these forums and haven't paid a lot of attention to WOG before, but as I recall Wog 3.59 was cancelled, right?

As for the campagins: I can play them without any bugs occuring, no problems there.

Edit: Nevermind, I assume you meant the ERA II version. I have downloaded it just now and it looks promising :)

Return to “Wake of Gods”