cant play heroes 3 complete...error files missing pleasehelp

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
schudson
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

cant play heroes 3 complete...error files missing pleasehelp

Unread postby schudson » 06 May 2012, 21:31

Hello Heroes Fans I need your help!

I have had a copy of hereos 3 the shadow of death for several years and have never had problems playing it on my windows vista basic laptop. However recently something must have happened to my laptop with me not realizing it because when i try and play the game an error message pops up saying unexpected program termination, Files from heroes 3 are missing, please reinstall...

Now this error only happens on my laptop the game works perfectly fine on a friends laptop with windows 7. So I decided to recently purchase hereos 3 complete collectors edition (cds) in the hopes that it was just the cd that was messed up but alas after going through the installation process and trying to start the game it begins loading and then the same error message pops up saying unexpected program termination files are missing please reinstall. I am at a loss of what to do seeing as its something wrong with my laptop and not the game so I hope someone well be able to help me through this so I can enjoy hereos once again. I know basic computer knowledge and I dont know what I could have done to my laptop to make this happen, so if anyone has an info for me I would be very grateful.

Thanks!!!

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 06 May 2012, 22:53

Hmm... I'm no computer expert, but these come to my mind when I read Your post:
1. Windowses tend to update automatically, so maybe a recent update screwed something. Try to check what it updated recently. Also, Heroes 3 are pretty old, so maybe try running the game as administrator and/or in compatibility mode with some older Windows.
2. Can You use CDs with other programmes?

Return to “Wake of Gods”