New map for wog, EMPIRE IV

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 27 Aug 2012, 05:38

Okay! fist is this, I want to play the game choosing wealth, but I cannot get passed the Guards! I keep Dying at the Hoard of guards you have to face at the beginning of the game to escape prison.... but it seems nearly impossible to do so with only 4 arch devils and only 20 spellpoints. so if anyone could plz help me out much would be appreciative. The second thing is that there is what I believe is to be a bug.... If you play the game on easy you have thousands of pheonixes, you already own rome, and you start out at level 52! so can someone plz explain why I play as the player who is supposed to be my enemy when choosing easy?
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 27 Aug 2012, 08:19

The map requires nothing more than a normal SoD map. You must beat 60 swordsman with 4 archdevils and no casualties, this is battle basics. Just use wait, cast mass slow at right time, lure them to one side then move the opposite, nothing hard.

This battle is there to set the difficulty level properly, so the occasional player does not get frustrated later, because is gonna be much harder. It is impossible to make maps who fit to both veterans and newcomers, at least within the mechanics we have now.

About easy difficulty: I never saw this bug, but anyway the read me specifies that map should be played only at 200% because I can not guarantee AI will act properly at lower.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 27 Aug 2012, 08:52

Salamandre wrote:The map requires nothing more than a normal SoD map. You must beat 60 swordsman with 4 archdevils and no casualties, this is battle basics. Just use wait, cast mass slow at right time, lure them to one side then move the opposite, nothing hard.

This battle is there to set the difficulty level properly, so the occasional player does not get frustrated later, because is gonna be much harder. It is impossible to make maps who fit to both veterans and newcomers, at least within the mechanics we have now.

About easy difficulty: I never saw this bug, but anyway the read me specifies that map should be played only at 200% because I can not guarantee AI will act properly at lower.
ahh.... must of skipped over that need to be at 200% part thanks.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Return to “Wake of Gods”