HOMM2 fans will be very happy with this :)

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.

What do you think of this project?

I love it! :D
43%
Like it :)
29%
It's ok
No votes
I don't like it :(
29%
I hate it! >:(
No votes

Total votes: 7

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

HOMM2 fans will be very happy with this :)

Unread postby Super Goober » 12 Apr 2011, 19:18

Someone on Youtube started a project to put HOMM2 into HOMM3. That project has made unbelievable progress. Watch this video. Maybe if enough people support his project, he might release it soon. Right now, he hasn't posted a link yet, but the mod is compatible with WOG, but he says that all the WOG options have been disabled for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZrWpvN ... re=related

UPDATE: I think the project team could use some help. The video maker on youtube had this to say in this latest video (April 2):

"to everybody: i don't know when i will finish this mod, because all people is going down in the project.. jobs, family, hobbies and others.. if this continues .. maybe the project will be close for lack of human resources... :/"

I think the team needs some new members on their team. This project is too good to just let go like that without even a beta to test, improve, and play.

HOMM2 fans must see this. It's HOMM3, but so far, it has:

* All the original HOMM2 creature sprites, plus upgrades, even for the ones that did not receive an upgrade in the original game.

* Brand new creatures, including Kobolds, Ettins, Bishops, Harpies, and others. Several that fill the missing 7th slot in HOMM3's 7-tier hierarchy.

*As far as I can tell, a lot of the HOMM2 adventure objects, including mines, alchemists' labs, Daemon Caves, Dragon Cities, Sawmills, and even Castles as they appear in HOMM2.

* HOMM2 terrain bitmaps, even though it's being worked on right now.

* Castles have their original interior designs, but with some changes. The terrain surrounding the castles is bigger and many buildings have extensions to show the upgraded versions. Even the Wolf Pen has been upgraded and redesigned, although the original, base version still exists.

*Spell icons from HOMM2 have been imported to HOMM3. Work is currently underway to try and import the spell graphics as well.

*Music and sound effects from HOMM2 have been imported too. Although it's not 100% complete yet, the vast majority of the music and sound are present. It's true, the vampires go "Muhhh!" again when they attack :P.

*All the original creatures from HOMM2 have their base statistics. The ghosts and their upgrade can he recruited, but their special ability has been taken away to stop them from being overpowered.

*The battlefields look and feel like HOMM2.

There may be a lot of things I haven't covered yet, so take a look for yourself :).
Last edited by Super Goober on 12 Apr 2011, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Apr 2011, 19:33

I absolutely love it! ;)

Only one suspicion I keep and that's about used engine. Won't be that too much limiting?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 12 Apr 2011, 22:11

You can read more about this project on heroes community: http://heroescommunity.com/forumdisplay.php3?FID=12

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 13 Apr 2011, 14:51

Question: do the warlock dragons have 2 upgrades? WoG-wise, a triple upgrade can be done, but I am curious how this project does it.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 21 May 2011, 18:02

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:Question: do the warlock dragons have 2 upgrades? WoG-wise, a triple upgrade can be done, but I am curious how this project does it.
If WOG can support 3 golem upgrades, then it certainly can support two dragon upgrades.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 22 May 2011, 13:04

Super Goober wrote:
Qurqirish Dragon wrote:Question: do the warlock dragons have 2 upgrades? WoG-wise, a triple upgrade can be done, but I am curious how this project does it.
If WOG can support 3 golem upgrades, then it certainly can support two dragon upgrades.
It says that this is "compatible with WOG" not that it is a WoG mod. That's why I asked.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 18 Jun 2011, 09:27

I already checked that.

Return to “Wake of Gods”