Newb simpleton help.

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Knutsanity
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Newb simpleton help.

Unread postby Knutsanity » 16 Feb 2011, 06:20

I'm going to try this add on I think. Just wondering... Do you have too go through all these options? or can you just play the game with new creatures, building, visuals, commanders and such, but just do it on a randomly created map on a team(hotseat). Vs the computer.

Cuz I'd rather have all these new options, but just let the randomly created map decide what's in and what's out. I don't mind having to do the rules, I'd prefer most off anyway.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Newb simpleton help.

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 16 Feb 2011, 14:56

Knutsanity wrote:I'm going to try this add on I think. Just wondering... Do you have too go through all these options? or can you just play the game with new creatures, building, visuals, commanders and such, but just do it on a randomly created map on a team(hotseat). Vs the computer.

Cuz I'd rather have all these new options, but just let the randomly created map decide what's in and what's out. I don't mind having to do the rules, I'd prefer most off anyway.
If you create a random map to play on, it will use (or not) the options you have (not) selected. My suggestion is to only play with a few of them at first, this way you can see if you like particular options. If you activate everything, you may find it is too much (and some options are actually mutually exclusive). I would suggest starting with commanders, unit experience, and 10 secondary skills. This should give you a lot of the new stuff, without being overwhelming.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Knutsanity
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Knutsanity » 16 Feb 2011, 18:57

Thank you good sir

Knutsanity
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Knutsanity » 17 Feb 2011, 02:11

question... are there new heroes, heroes abilities and such in the original download? or do i have to download additional erm's?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Feb 2011, 06:52

There are no new abilities or heros in original WoG. Some options will change the way the secondary skills work still. For new abilities, new heros and a pinup strip between turns, you will have to play custom maps with internal scripts.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 17 Feb 2011, 14:41

Salamandre wrote:There are no new abilities or heros in original WoG. Some options will change the way the secondary skills work still. For new abilities, new heros and a pinup strip between turns, you will have to play custom maps with internal scripts.
Not quite. There are a few new hero specialties, such as "builder" specialization (I think Jeddite's specialty has changed to this), where the hero can rebuild a destroyed town as any type, rather than just the previous type or his native type.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Feb 2011, 15:52

My bad, right, I forgot about Jeddite and Nagash.

Return to “Wake of Gods”