Issue Starting the Mod

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Bob Saget
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Issue Starting the Mod

Unread postby Bob Saget » 18 Jun 2010, 22:50

Hello everyone. I'm having a very annoying problem with the mod. I just recently installed Heroes 3, AB and then downloaded the install file for wog. I installed it and then updated it with the script update. Afterwards I try to run the H3wog file but nothing happens.

I double click 10 times and nothing happens at all. I try to see what the zone thing does and that didn't change anything. I also tried to turn on AB and the regular heroes, no change.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 18 Jun 2010, 23:07

You should give more details, what exploitation system you have, memory (important, isn't it, BB? :D ), where you downloaded wog, what version of Heroes you have (AB is not enough, you need SOD or complete).
Last edited by Salamandre on 19 Jun 2010, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Saget
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bob Saget » 19 Jun 2010, 02:49

Are you sure you need SOD? Back then about a year ago I played this mod without a problems having on Armageddon's Blade and if I had to get SOD, there is no where to buy it in my area.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 19 Jun 2010, 03:54

In the WoG configuration it is specified that you need SOD, Complete or Platinum Edition of Heroes. There are numerous ways to find them at no cost over the net, assuming you own already RoE and AB.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 19 Jun 2010, 18:17

Salamandre wrote:You should give more details, what exploitation system you have, memory (important, isn't it, BB? :D ), where you downloaded wog, what version of Heroes you have (AB is not enough, you need SOD or complete).
Memory helps...yes. Older systems have a problem with all the newer things coming out.

You need SoD. Make sure you have all the parts needed for WoG. (8 all together I think) Follow the instructions carefully. Click the WoG exe on the desktop after installation. It should start. Once it goes through the testing. exit the game and get the WoG updates and install those. Play WoG .... :D

Ojcar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ojcar » 20 Jun 2010, 02:35

yeah, SoD is a must. :disagree:

obelisk v2.0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk v2.0 » 21 Jun 2010, 22:12

Ojcar wrote:SoD is a must.
Here's a question - why? Isn't AB > SoD? I've definitely lived under that assumption for a very long time...

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 22 Jun 2010, 08:04

No, RoE < AB < SoD < Complete.

Return to “Wake of Gods”