WOG troubles

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Freedom1978
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WOG troubles

Unread postby Freedom1978 » 31 Jan 2010, 11:06

Although WOG has worked fine (except for occasional minor problems and crashes) for quite some time on my computer, after I reinstalled Windows, I keep on getting problems when playing WOG. When entering a Tower town or certain types of buildings (I can recall the University that provides skills), I get a number of errors, and the game might crash.

The first of 7-9 errors when entering Tower is: ResourceManager::GetBitmap816 could not find the "bitmap8" resource "TZTTit1.pcx".

I've tried installing Heroes 3 from scratch, tried copying my old Heroes 3 folder (from when WOG worked without those errors) on top of it, copied a friends' folder (his WOG is working just fine now, though he had exactly the same problem a while back, and can't recall what he might have done to fix it). I've tried downloading HOMM3 Complete and installing from a different image-file than the usual one. Still the errors persist. I also wanted to try downloading the installation files for WOG again, in case something might have corrupted them, but sadly I couldn't locate anything but map-packs and minor updates. The general (and much larger) WOG installation file itself was not even present on wog.celestialheavens.com as far as I could tell.

I experience no unusual problems when running Heroes 3 without WOG. I'm running the game with Windows XP on my computer, with the only difference being that I had SP2 in my old installation, while I've now updated to SP3.

Ideas/solution, anyone?
- Martin B. Nielsen
"Malta"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 31 Jan 2010, 11:45

http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes3/file ... e_358f.zip

Reinstall, reinstall, reinstall. And ensure yourself that no any other application will interfere and also that your locales are correctly set to en during installation.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 31 Jan 2010, 14:18

If you type "WoG Install" in Google, there are not less than 5 different working links popping in first place.

"Sadly you could not find?"

Return to “Wake of Gods”