Adventure map- different heroes sprites

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Adventure map- different heroes sprites

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Oct 2009, 22:05

One day, the horse had the choice and... Image

A different choice, mostly a proof that you can create your scenario till the deepest details

DOWNLOAD 2Mo
or
MEGAUPLOAD

Install:

Unrar in Heroes folder and execute update/New heros sprites.wog. The new custom sounds will go automatically in DATA if you unrar in folder.

Restore old sprites (uninstall)

Execute Update/Old heros sprites.wog and remove Horse00.wav up to Horse07.wav from Data.

TOWER wizard and alchemist
ImageImage

CASTLE knight and cleric
ImageImage

RAMPART ranger and druid

ImageImage

INFERNO demoniac and heretic

ImageImage

NECRO death knight and necromancer

ImageImage

STRONGHOLD Barbarian and battlemage

ImageImage

FORTRESS Beastmaster and witch

ImageImage

DUNGEON overlord and warlock

ImageImage

CONFLUX planetwalker and elementalist

ImageImage

Map:

Editor

For those who may ask why I did not change also the combat heros sprites, here is why: they are hardcoded, so females from each faction use the second def, and all males the first def. That means that a cool looking knight will use cleric look in battle if female and same for clerics. I decided to let it go like this, as it would be more confusing than realistic.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Oct 2009, 22:42

We put up links for all your work up on the WoG Archives, Sal. If you want to put up your files on the WoG Archives, your more than welcome. Don't feel bashful about advertising them there either. ;)

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Oct 2009, 23:02

Thanks BB, I got the email. They are mostly for training purpose, as I don't think they are anyone's taste. But anyone can create its own now and the possibilities are infinite.

Right now I am working on 4 sprites for James Vogan's Atlantis map (Sheepard, Teyla, Ronon and Mckay). I also have a working stargate for him and a whole city compiled from 4 defs. Unfortunately the gif screws all aqua colors but you can get the idea

Also the dimensional tunnel (same problems with gif, but in game it looks perfect and the whole animation is barely 1 Mo

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 14 Oct 2009, 05:27

Interesting the dimension Door thing.
Being an old school HoMM fan and a lover of Mythology, it's hard to get use to Radar Antennas, Cars, Guns and such in an HoMM game. But I'm sure some people will like it. (Good for time travel maps, eh?) It's inventive to say the least.
I like the new Horsey Heroes. Good change of pace there.
More stuff that relates to the Fortress would be a good balance.(Swamp objects) More Barbarian related stuff would be good too. (Neandrethal style, perhaps) Dungeon, or Cave objects would be nice also. Just ideas is all.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 14 Oct 2009, 09:47

Sure, but those objects are exclusive for a Star Gate related scenario. They will not be included in a patch. The scenario will use SCFI objects and creatures on some planets. Never saw the movie?
The team is traveling through the Universe (using the StarGate) and visit thousand of planets. Some are technologically backwards, so the layout is accorded (standard objects), some are technologically very advanced etc. The different cultures allow the use of various objects, but they never will be packed together. A dream for a mapmaker. Now if only we could make 252x252 maps, it would be deadly. On 144x144 we will be reduced to 5-6 planets.

Here is the base, then with one planet added (upperleft)
ImageImage

Now we have enough objects to create a standard scenario, where forces of good fight vs bad ones:) My goal is to create something different, as I already made all I could as standard maps, and I don't want to clone them again and again. Mostly because I can use anything inside, I can make new creatures, objects, so why stick to standard? :)

PS: the space ships you see in previous screen are called Jumpers. I scripted them to be used as a boat, they have a low shadow so the player see them flying over the water. They will be used to travel from Atlantis to the continent only. Ah, I changed also their standard sound too.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Oct 2009, 14:49

Those satellite dishes there look a lot like those on the corners of XEEN :)

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 14 Oct 2009, 19:32

Ok, what I was saying 8|

Here are the surface and underground. 9 planets to explore, and the heros are scripted to place shroud everywhere except the planet they are visiting, so there is no connexion. Each planer has its own "personality" and layout, one is advanced and use SCFI objects, another is primitive and use huts, another is medieval and use roman style, well you get the idea. There is also a wraith ship to explore, a main planet etc etc. Hope to finish it in this life.
All the creature will be done from scratch and be different regardless the technological level, peasants, robots, planes, scary monsters.

UNDER
SURFACE

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 14 Oct 2009, 22:09

Congrats. If I played WoG I would definitely install these.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 21 Oct 2009, 00:02

If I could get my map editors to work I would make a map.

Return to “Wake of Gods”