cheating AI?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Beholder
Scout
Scout

cheating AI?

Unread postby Beholder » 10 Oct 2009, 15:30

I got suspicions that the AI is cheating:

* I have chosen the option to ban DD on my map. I`ve also banned all artifacts that can give DD (like Air Magic Tome, Spellbinders Hat). The AI has DD - how is that possible?

* How can you get 90% reduced melee damage (hero doesn't have armourer speciality)

* How can you get all your troops to be mind spell immune???
Beholder

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: cheating AI?

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 11 Oct 2009, 12:55

Beholder wrote:I got suspicions that the AI is cheating:

* I have chosen the option to ban DD on my map. I`ve also banned all artifacts that can give DD (like Air Magic Tome, Spellbinders Hat). The AI has DD - how is that possible?
I have to double check if spell banning stops this, but possibly grail in the Conflux?
* How can you get 90% reduced melee damage (hero doesn't have armourer speciality)

With all the armorer boosting artifacts and experience skills, there may be a way. What WoG options, if any, are you using?
There are a few artifacts that do this. Off the top of my head, I know the badge of courage makes you immune to some mind effects (even without WoG!) There is a pendant that protects from berserk. Again, there are creature experience abilities.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Oct 2009, 14:26

Afaik sometimes necro heroes and some others (elementals and knights) possesse such immunity not having any artifact. * Overall, it's not problem of heroes like itself having strange immunities, I think, but way how is implemented ownership of artifacts. The hero is having the artifact (properties) assigned but when looking on him he's not in fact owning it. My suspicion is that he was - however ai handles artifacts in strange ways so it's not an exception if you will kill hero decorated from up down and yet, receive nothing in exchange.

I would calmly add it to the known bugs of H3 engine.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Oct 2009, 14:39

Dragon Utopia, Shipwreck Survivor, bug... Why not to make ai human selectable and then when you encounter this just load from him? (hotseat mp)

Also there is somewhere wog cheater, so it perhaps could show you what the enemy hero has. (Not sure but it could be possible.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

obelisk v2.0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk v2.0 » 12 Oct 2009, 16:01

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:

I have to double check if spell banning stops this, but possibly grail in the Conflux?
Sadly, the spell banning has no effect whatsoever on the Conflux Grail. The exact reason why there is never a Conflux on the map when I'm playing.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 13 Oct 2009, 07:20

@Qurqirish
There`s no clonflux on the map.
As I said hero has no armorer speciality and I`m not aware of any artifacts at all that would increase armorer - could you say which are those?
As for mind spell immune - I mean all creatures are immune to all mind spells so pendants are not the case. I`ll check if badge of courage works for human as well.

@Pol
I`ve tried it already - the hero has no artifacts of such type, just the spell.
Beholder

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Oct 2009, 21:47

I confirm this is a bug. I get it in my map Alexander almost every time, as it uses 52 AI heros and there is always one of them who will start to jump over the map, despite the fact there is nothing to visit for him. I tried everything and did not worked. Definitely a bug.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 14 Oct 2009, 11:59

What do you mean Salamander?

As for spells, I`ve made a workaround - a simple script that removes DD with each Hero step and it seems to work fine
Beholder

Return to “Wake of Gods”