How to create .wog file ?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Rahkshi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

How to create .wog file ?

Unread postby Rahkshi » 03 Oct 2009, 16:33

I want to add file to Heroes3.vid (some bik and smk files), but no way :(.
So I want to create .wog install file to add bik and smk file to Heroes3.vid, may someone help me :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Oct 2009, 19:33

What are you using, for a tool to add them in? Resedit, lodedit both should work.

But perhaps a better question how you want to call them out?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Rahkshi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rahkshi » 04 Oct 2009, 01:39

Oh, I think ResEdit can only extract data from vid file, not add data to vid file. I had not tried Lodedit :)

The reason I ask you: I'm playing H3 Complete, and I copied the *** no such an ugly word here, that would be against rules*** to H3 Complete folder, it works fine. But when I play AB, I can't see the intro (the starting video), because file Heroes3.vid on H3 Complete CD doesn't contain two files: H3X1intr.bik and H3X1intr.smk. So I want to add these files to Heroes3.vid

--edited by Pol

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Oct 2009, 09:18

I'm interested as well... I tried looking more deeply into ResEdit2, and I *can* add new files, but I can't find a way to save my new .snd/.vid file... And lodedit says it added the files, but I don't know where... With H3Sprite.exe and H3Bitmap.exe it was obvious, yet here it doesn't seem to work...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Oct 2009, 13:08

As I remember you will commit all changes by hitting the button "Make change", located over the "File Manager" tree view if you open it.

Sometimes could be simpler to "Create a new resource" in resedit and then move all files here. One by one (You can't jus drag the group). The reason for this is, that you will always receive correct archive index.

And sometimes when you will jus "Commit changes" in existing archive it may not work at all, so return to backup and do it again. The reason for this is that index wasn't successfully updated. Why I don't now, it happened to me only with resedit.

As well, WoG is having lod manager integrated in itself, so there's provided an another way around.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Rahkshi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rahkshi » 04 Oct 2009, 14:35

Yeah !!! I have done it. Thanks for your help, Pol.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Oct 2009, 15:55

(MM6 volume slider voice) Exzellent! It works! The button is strangely located, though, near the extension selection.

Return to “Wake of Gods”