WoG 600 new objects

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Salamandre
Genie
Genie

WoG 600 new objects

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Sep 2009, 19:49

I am done with it. Install instructions inside (10MB)

Contains:

Phantom patch (400 objects)
Chinese-style objects (EmperorRotMK)
Roman-style objects (Caesar III)
Age of Empires objects (AOK)

Previews:

http://rapidshare.com/files/279601879/W ... _Patch.rar

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Sep 2009, 21:35

I downloaded it. The screenies look absolutely wonderful. Good work. I will find someway of using it.

Valandil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Valandil » 14 Sep 2009, 12:41

wow. If this isnt inspiring to continue working on my map (which has been an up and down project for years) then I don't know what would be. :-D

Thanks a lot ! :)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Mar 2010, 03:05

I got my new computer and installed HoMM3/Wog and all my other Heroes games on it. I've downloaded the 1.09 patch and have been working with it.
This time.....I am not using Spybot or AVG, which consumes a ton of RAM to operate. I'm using SpywareBlaster and Avast! Anti-Virus which use less RAM but do the same kind of job. The reason I say this is because the RAM I have on my new computer is only 480 MB, but more than the last computer I had.
I've been able to work with the 3.3 Map Editor and the 1.09 patch for a while, while keeping an eye on how much RAM it uses. Without using the Editor, and when I start up my computer, it shows I have used 57 per cent upon start up. WHile I use the Map Editor with the 1.09 patch, I see that usage goes up between 10 and 20 per cent.
I've still been a bit gun shy using it, and I've gone as far as an half an hour, and save what I've done and then go back to it. I go a little further each time when I use it. (Much like sea trials on a new boat!)
But it seems like even with a little more than half of my 480 MB RAM used, my computer can handle the patch. So I plan on doing a map with it very soon once I know I can use it without any problems.
Within the week, I'll see how long I can go making a map. So far, everything seems to work well and what I create looks great! I love the patch! A must have for map creators!
Thanks Salamandre for this ...... :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Avast

Unread postby Pol » 13 Mar 2010, 14:32

/ot
I'm trying it right now, let see. so far I figure that is indeed more effective than it was previous version 4.x.

The free version is coming without sand box and firewall, means you still should use something like firewall - as this is more important component than the av itself. In old times I used this. This time I would recommend ZA or Agnitum free - however both of them are known memory eaters. As for Sygate it wasnt' starting properly lately with some new microsoft updates, so I removed it. But before, it was really good :)

Myself I'm trying Avast Internet Security which contains everything. Let see, few months will decide.. :D

PS If you will come to uninstall Avast, you maybe forced to use theirs extra uninstall utility and proceed it from Windows Safe mode. The reason is, that Avast self protection module it sometimes impossible to disable.

ot/
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 14 Mar 2010, 05:04

Free firewalls for windows XP is becoming a hard thing to find. For now, I'll stay on safe sites since I don't surf much. A low resource firewall is what I need. It's worth it to make a map with Sals' patch.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Mar 2010, 13:36

The file could not be found. Please check the download link.
:(

Return to “Wake of Gods”