Campaign video without CD ?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Rahkshi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Campaign video without CD ?

Unread postby Rahkshi » 08 Sep 2009, 15:56

I'm playing H3 Complete (I use its crack so I can play without the CD). But if i don't insert the CD, the campaign video doesn't appear. I know the campaign video's data is in 2 files: Heroes3.snd and Heroes3.vid in the CD.

I thinks this is the way to see the campaign video without the CD:

I used Resedit to open them, but Resedit can only extract the files what 2 ones contain. I need to move all the extracted files to the files: Heroes3.snd and video.vid in the Data folder.

Is this the right way ? If there's other way, please help me. Thanks.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Sep 2009, 19:15

No need, just move the video (I think it's called video.vid, not sure) file from the CD to your data directory. Works fine.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Rahkshi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rahkshi » 09 Sep 2009, 04:11

I did like you said. But nothing happens :( . The files in the CD: heroes3.vid and heroes3.snd and in data folder: video.vid and heroes3.snd. If you say "don't need", is my way a right way ? Do you know how to import bik and smk files to video.vid ?

Rahkshi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rahkshi » 10 Sep 2009, 15:55

Pol
My H3 Complete Folder don't have heroes3\data. So I copied in the CD to my H3 Complete folder. But after doing this, it requires the CD again. So please help me. Thanks.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Sep 2009, 14:19

You can merge these files using http://grayface.nm.ru/LodsMerge.rar
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rahkshi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rahkshi » 23 Sep 2009, 06:05

Thx for your help.

Another question: I'm playing H3 Complete together with H3 Armageddon's Blade (I copied h3blade.exe to H3 Complete folder). I can't see the AB intro movie (the data file is from H3 Complete CD). So if I merge 2 data file: 1 on H3 Complete CD and 1 on Armageddon's Blade CD, I can see all intro movie of H3 Complete and Armageddon's Blade ?

GrayFrace, I need your instructions for LodsMerge. How to use it ? Does it depend on LodsCompare.

Rahkshi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rahkshi » 30 Sep 2009, 15:52

Somebody help me please :(

Return to “Wake of Gods”