WOG Crashes - Gelu's Legacy

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Sinner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WOG Crashes - Gelu's Legacy

Unread postby Sinner » 07 Jul 2009, 16:44

Hello,

I am completely new to Heroes 3 modding but I am huge might and magic fan. I am using Heroes 3 complete and I downloading wog and the available 3.58f Script. However, the game crashes in some cases when I enter combat. Numbers appear on the screen very briefly and appears to be hex and than the game crashes to my desktop. I am using windows XP and have wogified the map (I think). Any idea what is causing this error?

Edit, the bug can easily be recreated on any computer it seems. I have tried two so far. However, the bug is no longer critical since it appears to be tied in with quickcombat. When quickcombat is enabled via the man menu and disabled through the wog settings it crashes every time.

Edit again

Well I am idiot, which is never a good way to introduce yourself to a new community. Apparently your not suppose to wogify maps with an erm scripts in place. I apologize this is all rather new to me.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Re: WOG Crashes - Gelu's Legacy

Unread postby Vlaad II » 09 Jul 2009, 14:57

Sinner wrote:Apparently your not suppose to wogify maps with an erm scripts in place.
Yeah. Any other bugs might be due to the fact that the map was made for 3.57 and never properly updated.

By the way, you can upgrade those Elves and the Archer to Sharpshooters. ;)
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Sinner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: WOG Crashes - Gelu's Legacy

Unread postby Sinner » 10 Jul 2009, 00:02

Vlaad II wrote:
Sinner wrote:Apparently your not suppose to wogify maps with an erm scripts in place.
Yeah. Any other bugs might be due to the fact that the map was made for 3.57 and never properly updated.

By the way, you can upgrade those Elves and the Archer to Sharpshooters. ;)
So wog isn't backwards compatible? Thats some what disappointing, The rest of the map seems stable. Though I haven't won it yet, anyway to convert it to 3.58?

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 11 Jul 2009, 06:41

Actually 99% of features are compatible; it's just a few details (e.g. commander skills, I think) that are different.

No, no way to update it (aside from doing it manually, script by script). Again, the good news is there's probably no need to.
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

cioby23
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Bow of Elven Cherrywood

Unread postby cioby23 » 16 Sep 2011, 07:51

Where can I find Bow of Elven Cherrywood ?
I have found the other two artifacts for the bow of sharpshooter.

Return to “Wake of Gods”