King's Bounty: Crossworld released!

Everything related to either original King's Bounty from NWC or to any of it's ascendants being developed by 1CEntertainment.
Pol
Admin
Admin

King's Bounty: Crossworld released!

Unread postby Pol » 19 Sep 2010, 15:55

King's Bounty: Crossworld was released. If you're previous owner or KB:AB you're ready to go.

Game is including three new campaigns Christmas' Gift Bag, .. much more and map editor.
Full link. Editor Preview

!!! One warning though !!!
Steam messed it up, the guys are working on the repair but that will be likely not finished until the start of next week. As a result never check cache of KB:AB or you will broke Crossworld installation. The other distributors should be fine however if you have KB:AB already from Steam there's no choice.

>>
[q="Aesir Rising"]There is a problem right now with having both Armored Princess and Crossworlds installed. Depending upon what was done during installation, verifying the game cache files for either game will mess up the other game.

There are a couple of ways to do this, but the easiest and most reliably way to play just Armored Princess first is to
Quote:
* remove Crossworlds (delete local content in the game properties page)
* verify game cache files (GCF) for Armored Princess. Do this twice just to be certain, as during my own testing each time I did verify the client re-downloaded more files.
Then play Armored Princess. Shoud be fine.
When you have completed Armored Princess or otherwise wish to start playing the Crossworlds content, install Crossworlds and verify GCF. One time should work. And then never launch Armored Princess again, or you will probably download the Armored Princess version of some of the game files and mess things up.
~source
[/q]

Edit:
The installation from Steam now seems to be ok.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 20 Sep 2010, 15:39

Kings Bounty is the best HOMM game since HOMM3 ;-)

Looking forward to Katauri's HOMM clone! :D

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 21 Sep 2010, 11:17

The expansion is pretty meh. Here's what they really add:

Orcs on the March - It's the Armored Princess campaign with some new features. You can't load up an old save, you have to start over.
- Summoning spells now benefit from intelligence.
- A lot of old creatures got new abilities.
- The adrenaline ability for Orcs is like blood rage from Tribes of the East.
- New creatures are reskinned old creatures with new abilities and stats.
- 10 of the "new" spells are the rage powers from the Legend. Only three of the new spells are really new, two have to do with the Orc's adrenaline ability, and the third is a powerful summoning spell.
- The "new" skills are basically tweaked old skills.
- The military academies are basically like the Haven's training ability in Heroes 5, they let you train less powerful troops into more powerful ones.
- A bunch of new artifacts.
- A few new quests.

Champion of the Arena - Basically a boss rush mode where you can fight all the bosses from the two games but there are no new bosses.
- The "new" skills are ones from the Legend or tweaked old ones.
- You can fight enemy heroes for money.
- You recruit units and buy artifacts by joining guilds.
- Some guilds have requirements to join or unlock new units and artifacts like beating a certain number of bosses or beating a particular boss.
- Some guilds are rivals and joining one makes it harder or impossible to join another.

Defender of the Crown - Another boss rush mode but there are only 6 enemy heroes you get to fight.
- Again, "new" skills are ones from the Legend or tweaked old ones.
- The "unique arenas" are basically regular battlefields with a bunch of walls and altars on them.

In reality, it's more of a mod than a real expansion. It's kind of like Wake of the Gods but doesn't add nearly as much content.

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 21 Sep 2010, 11:54

I think it's a good value for the price it costs. The two short campaigns are good for a short game, and the game overall is even better and has better feeling than Armored Princess.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 21 Sep 2010, 20:01

The mini-campaigns are pretty pointless. You can finish both in less than 2 hours, 1 hour if you don't wander around. Defender of the Crown is really bad since you're basically just fighting six heroes, it feels more like a demo.

You're basically paying $20 for a mod.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Sep 2010, 16:01

vicheron wrote:You're basically paying $20 for a mod.
Welcome to the future, which is now...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 22 Sep 2010, 18:25

vicheron wrote:The mini-campaigns are pretty pointless. You can finish both in less than 2 hours, 1 hour if you don't wander around. Defender of the Crown is really bad since you're basically just fighting six heroes, it feels more like a demo.

You're basically paying $20 for a mod.
I gotta agree. Way overpriced for what you get, I must say. :disagree:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 22 Sep 2010, 23:26

Despite my problems with Crossworlds, I do have to say that it is worth getting if you haven't played Armored Princess. If you buy it with Armored Princess then it's $10 less and new players can start with the modified campaign.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 19 Oct 2010, 15:17

Should we expect any new hero screen with the new artifacts and stuff? Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Oct 2010, 19:35

There are new artifacts (from the Christmas pack and perhaps more) and no new hero screen. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “King's Bounty”