Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Rise to the challenge, forge your legacy! And live in the shadows of Heroes III. familiar names but not gameplay. Not recommended for poets, conservatives, perfectionists and people not having passion and daily time to waste.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jan 2020, 21:49

Nope yet, building units and skills. In a few days another attempt. Trying to push to L60, currently 58 ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jan 2020, 22:19

Me too. I actually find it better taking a while to get to higher levels. Help me catch up with level and units upgrades, and even upgrading hero spells. I was about to cap Shiva, then I got a level, and had to spent another 300 scrolls for one spell.

Sent a friend request for you in Discord.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 08 Jan 2020, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 09 Jan 2020, 01:05

Yeah, I found more "neutral" units that are basically just cannon fodder without any special abilities. Castle has Rogues, Necropolis Skeleton Archers, Stronghold Dire Wolves.
I got bored with this game quickly. They straight up just repeated the levels of the HOMM3 campaign so far, except the most important part, the battles,are not interactive and you just toss down a few spells and that's all the strategy you have. I assume later you can vary troops and heroes based on what you are fightning but even so that's not much.
I'll stick around to see what the Dungeon and Fortress units look like - the art sometimes is a lot like Clash Of Heroes, but the heads are too big - but that's all. The unit update system is certainly cumbersome -why have equipment, equipment level, unit level, unit rank, AND skill level... when all that really accounts for is just +x attack or defense.
I see Catherine updates the Swordsmen to Iron Crusaders, sadly they do not get the HOMMIII style graphics with closed helmet. Other than stats update, does that do anything?
There is also a loading screen showing the evolution of the Angel from HOMM3 to this game (but only shows HOMMIII Angel, Archangel, and HOMMIV Angel really). Are there any other ones?
Also the stained glass window unit shots look nice.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jan 2020, 10:07

At least Skeleton Archers are used by AI in campaign. Encountered them already.

Better shield (passive skill), was written somewhere.

There are many loading screens, they also change in time. All units and evolution screens can be seen from roster. Evolution screens are seen from your roster (when upg. units) there's "Share" button left. And units screen can be seen from battle preparation roster, rc, pick (i).
Last edited by Pol on 19 Jan 2020, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jan 2020, 13:49

@BB Shockwave
I was around Discord and I saw a lot of stuff from the Chinese stuff. They got upgraded stuff, like all of them. There was also Commanders and War Machines. I cannot describe to you how these things work. I saw black dragon, beholder (which looked like the one from ... H6, I think?). Some units a moderator told how they would work. E.g.: medusa has a chance (or would 100%, don't recall the odds) petrify a random unit on the battlefield for N seconds, has some other abilities boosting and stacking damage. Apparently it would be a Caster.
There is also a loading screen showing the evolution of the Angel from HOMM3 to this game (but only shows HOMMIII Angel, Archangel, and HOMMIV Angel really). Are there any other ones?
I think that's because angels from 5 henceforth were kind of too much alike each other (and pretty much like this one as well). I also suspect that it could be the fact those 6 and 7 games were less popular and not really loved by H3 fans, which could bring some otherworldly wave of hatred towards this mobile game. Which, as you said, is a travesty already. Just speculation, but steering clear these less popular games whilst trying to evoke back a H3 spirit (even if just a haunted one) might be a good strategy in the end.

As far as art go, it seems that this game has different art direction depending on the region. The Korean version has a different style, more like anime (townscreen had Koren-like architecture). It is kind of better-looking somehow, wavy and proportional. There were a lot of screenshots posted there (Discord), but it is too buried now to retrieve it. Strangely, it is not easy to find them in the open and wide. Sometimes I wonder if they are mods of some kind.
I see Catherine updates the Swordsmen to Iron Crusaders, sadly they do not get the HOMMIII style graphics with closed helmet. Other than stats update, does that do anything?
Not that I know of. It's just a better version of the current unit, a little upgrade. When Catherine is fully evolved, they upgrade from a 9-man unit to 16-man unit, if I am not mistaken. Which means they are almost 100% stronger.

Didn't know you could get 2 artifacts when digging stuff at the Campaign.

Dragon Invasion was ... so, so? Some good rewards by the end. But no piece of map, as far as I know. I think these map pieces will have very low odds of appearing.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 10 Jan 2020, 13:55, edited 5 times in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jan 2020, 14:55

I returned there and scrolled up a bit to find some stuff. I just don't know exactly what they are and how they work. Mainly because I am at work and have no time to read what all people were talking about. :D

So, take a look and speculate:

Last edited by Pol on 13 Jan 2020, 22:52, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jan 2020, 23:18

Fuf, Mantis and Valkyra?

I think that Ubisoft discovered path of region based modding. Only by Ubisoft. Guess that works, making rich richer.

But it was modding community dream, and it could been much better if they could been involved in. In some SP version, perhaps, once... Now Ubisoft is one step closer to imagine. And still lacking to have any visionary, to show them, what most people were knowing at least ten years ago here.

Waiting to step to level 60, having nothing to do. Seeing arising a lot of yellow arrows.

Adelaide is one of best heroes, but she's simply a bonus one. Hence here Carol outfit or loading screen img (Would your recongize her? Yes, she 's the girl in the front). As well, there are not much tokens for her and you need to go with events or "universal tokens".

Christmas on the maintenance. Carol Adelaide at the left.

New and probably now a balanced.

Gogs are cool, but in the battles they look differently. This one is however hot.

The best design in my eyes. See here chest plates. Also a very good units causing slowness to 1-man and 4-man units.

Stained glass. To get the rough idea, what about we are revolving.

Like shrines in CQ. But CQ has a more souls inside. (Not just soul tokens.)
Last edited by Pol on 10 Jan 2020, 23:27, edited 5 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jan 2020, 23:38

You can create different Roster groups for different layouts of battles you are having around. Something to turn on when you go sleeping, and turn off when you playing it on your own.

And just like that, passed trials 8-3 till 9-3. Now at 9-4, although I still don't know what it is. :nervous:
Last edited by Panda Tar on 11 Jan 2020, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jan 2020, 21:57

Searching for other screenshots would be easier if we would know the proper game name. Let start with guessing chinese..

http://yxwd.qq.com/main.shtml

And they are very similar to our own. Lets go with using this keyword - 英雄无敌战争纪元 - over baidu.com.

Quartermaster - once you will visit your guild commander (girl, left to the castle) you can get this task from her. You need to be L48 or above. After you find your quartermaster you can assign him to:
#1 - collect artifacts (one week)
#2 - collect resources
#3 - collect monsters (ie tokens + runestones)

You can do that daily, it will auto-collect for 8 hrs and you will get the reward by again visiting your guild commander.

And you should that daily, as first half hour you will get bonus to your movement, for which you need to move! This temporarily Pathffinding can grant you around 120+.

---
Skill potions - when you are on higher levels, they can fail. So you go down instead of up. Safest is to go with x10.
---
Stacking heroes in Dragon Utopia - get six here and you are safe. Even if you fail for each attack is deduced 20HP.
---
Elemental Bosses - each attack deduce 80HP from 1000HP pool, it doesn't matter how strong army do you have, you just need to visit it 13x .
---
Midas Home - Exchange Place
If you don't have enough gold or exp for units upg. click here and you can buy here additional resources. Some of them for free.

PS Yes, killed these two devils and moved about three up. Now, with stronger spells it was a much easier.
Last edited by Pol on 13 Jan 2020, 08:16, edited 5 times in total.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jan 2020, 22:08

So, even Azure Dragon, was fighting him today.

Hey, they have info bot on Discord.

Name of channel: info-bot-spam

Usage:
+Info "Unit or Hero Name"
+Skills "Hero Name"

There's some interesting info here, indeed.

New units and skills are added and managed by AmandaPanda and her friends, she's awesome everywhere. :D
Last edited by Pol on 13 Jan 2020, 22:43, edited 4 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Jan 2020, 22:59

Can you find the possible Exploit for Azure Dragon? Some people in my server had a stupid greater damage from others with almost the same strength, and even a few with lower strength got that high damage. 5,8 Million. The closest one 3,2 and the highest in my guild (which happens to be the 2nd strongest player in my server) got around 2 Million. The difference is too great. There's something they found out which we don't know what it is.

Regarding Bosses, you can actually dish out 100 HP. Just take some melee, enough to keep themselves alive and some strong ranged units. I use Gelu. So using both sharpshooter units and frenzy, it is possible getting the boss to lose 100 HP.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jan 2020, 23:08

There's one, and it's allowed as they call it a strategy. But been first time here so don't know it. Probably second time, three attempts as everyone :)

Hmpf, well it's also possible to just do 10HP dmg.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Jan 2020, 23:38

Artifact sets are starting to cost a little bit. +12 Wizard well requires 720 casting stones and 3 casting crystals. Considering each crystal costs 300 diamonds.

Meanwhile, turned 61, but still getting at least half of the units to level 60, purple 3 as I go. However, the weaker one is level 52 and purple equipment. At least talent-wise they are not so far behind; same to Skill upgrades (a considerable cost when it unlocks levels 9-11 – when a unit reaches 5 stars). The way I figure, it's best upgrading a unit up to purple + 3, because when you are farming for its ingredients, you can actually get some lower level ones as a bonus, which helps upgrading purple + 1 and 2 for the next unit. Doing vice-versa makes you having bonus resources you are not going to use for the next unit.

Got my first orange unit. :-D Swordsman, which now has a chance to heal on every attack.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 15 Jan 2020, 14:20, edited 5 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Jan 2020, 08:09

I'm at level 62 but most of my units are still at 60, lacking resources. Some of them touched orange though, but just for the first skill. Going for EXP potions like mad. And for tokens as well. Fighted with someone called Gigi44, and s/he's having approximately about one star more for every unit. Ouch!

BTW in Arena you can fight also your guildmates, the game doesn't differ. Probably it will be the same in other game modes. No idea, how if it's the same with friends.

Your rank can go up and down. Down, when someone beats you, and usually not when you will challenge and loose. The fights are dense. :D

"The player is being challenged by another player" cool message. Simply just one battle at time allowed, you need to wait a bit. :P

PS: More and more encountering Naga backed by Genies, in addition to Behemoth backed by Cyclops.
Gremlins + Gelu = 100HP dmg vs boss. Not only but Gremlins are great vs 1 or 4-man units
Last edited by Pol on 16 Jan 2020, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Jan 2020, 00:47

6.2 Million damage vs Azure dragon, the top player in my server. :O Too different from the rest. Something is off. :|

I am about to get my 4th orange, the phoenix. Bringing all units to 60 too, but there are quite a few between 54-56 yet, the ones I seldom use. Got a lich today. :D

Got to Trials 10-2. Still don't know how 10-2 looks like. :scared: People said 10-3, I think, was terribly difficult.

Saving yellow goo to buy Dragon artifacts. 1200 for the 1800 required to buy one. HOHOHO 34 divinations to get another one (which is random and might repeat any other I might have). My quartermaster foun 2 genie tokens so far. He just needs to find another 78 tokens. :rolleyes: If.

Our guild is quite organized. Keeping 2nd, even getting 1st for a little while. We'll reach lv 9 tomorrow first hour. And the 2nd and 3rd strongest players are there. The first place is a whale player which might buy everything possible every day. Meanwhile, tons of people asking for refunds for that Naga event, which seemed to have had terrible odds on rewarding their investment. There was this video showing the guy opening these chests and he kept getting orcs all the way.

I was evolving Shiva, but she sucks at harder pvp, so I had to get Luna online. Muuuuch better. Adelaide is terrible vs fast paced enemies or AI. Still, having Luna, Adelaide and Gelu evolved fairly might be enough to get you good results all round. Still, going to get 4-star Shiva to unlock Roc's 4th skill full potential, which is active even when Shiva is not the chosen hero. Luna is already 3-star as well and going to have her 4-star, so her infernal wall also stuns target. This spell is insanely powerful. 8|

AH, and there's Mephala's lore now.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 17 Jan 2020, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Jan 2020, 16:29

Where to get unit tokens:
* In the Undeground (costy as speed requirements are doubled but convenient. It seems that there's almost every unit. At L15, there's Gargoyle and Treant.)
* In Barracks (Slow, though convenient too. You need to mine needed resources via your Shipyard for exchange.)
* From Summoning (So, yes, that's relatively easy but not always you have the keys and it's random.)
* From events (A good reason to check them out!)
* From fighting "Smart Monsters" on the Guild's Map (Slow, but you can employ your Quartermaster to help you, daily.. There are some other weasely monsters from which you can get 1 token for 60D. That's absolutely worst price per token ratio.)
* From Market (Costy but really helpful)

How much they are needed?

3rd star 10x5
4th star 10x10
5th star 10x15
6th star 10x20

Grand Totalle:
50+100+150+200=400 :D

Honning unit skills:
* With advancing your units there goes some pleasant profounding of your skills. Trust me, there's huge difference between skill at L5(2 stars) and at L8 (4 stars)
* Crystals can be found in Dragon Utopia, Market or from monsters on the Guild's map

Developing your Talent:
* Source is: Duel of Champions, Trial of Angels or Special Events
* For low stars units is hard to achieve levels above 10, was trying that with my Bone Dragon and max is L9, L10 is impossible to gain as it goes down almost everytime instead of up
* Will try more and let you know for other units

As someone said, each unit with just two stars is just an useless greenhorn.. ;)

Adelaide is terrible vs fast paced enemies or AI
Well, if you ever seen Xyron casting inferno, where was flying one Pegasi, you know how to waste spell.

Continuation
* In Dwarven Treasure someone complained, that if you have Devil, your score is almost 4x higher (but it's called strategy again.. )
* For Azure there are some remarkable spots:
- you shouldn't use units being able to deliver critical hits (as it does increase Dragon's Critical Hits chance)
- you should use units reducing his defense
- you should remove his 30s summoned Azure Minidragons asap (as they increase its Defense)
- stun/spell immunity is very handy (As it's casting Snow Storms)
* Be aware that direct hero spells have lowered effect.

I don't have right units to try that right out, perhaps you can Panda?

What might works:
Bone Dragon (considerably lower DEF)
Monks, Ice Elemental, Wight (Save mana, helps regenerate, freeze, silence)
Marksman, Gremlins (they work always but how to protect them?? )
Dwarf, Swordsman (perhaps), Walking Death

I do miss many units, so lets say that Devil, Genius and Mage might work too.

Duel of Heroes
I'm not getting it at all. I sometime win when AI pick up for me two Black Knights and always loose otherwise. Even if I can pick my own units, they system is slow and it does have as much effect as throwing the dice.

There is still that question in the end. What will happen when everyone will reach everything? Reply is unsatisfactory. (Nothing. Whole morale of the story.)
Last edited by Pol on 17 Jan 2020, 20:54, edited 9 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Jan 2020, 01:33

That info about Azure we were speculating today. I was planning on taking my Bone Dragon, Walking Dead, Marskman, maybe Pegasus (you can place them beside your marskman for additional protection), a DEF healer like Ogre or an ATK healer like Pit Fiend (more like her because she heals the whole row), gargoyle (which also pierces defense) and maybe two other units with damage reflection or one pikeman (which also has Dragon Slaying). From those I mentioned, only those first three will be orange by then. Might try using demons as tankers.

Gelu, Solmyr, Yog, Crag Hack, Roland are the heroes which probably are best suited for that battle. Gelu is my most evolved of those, but not much. My Solmyr is 1-star only, no spells evolved yet, same for Crag Hack. I could try Shiva again. It is best having a hero with 2 damaging spells to nuke down instantly those small dragons.

The problem with taking 1 and 4-man units to battle is that when Azure dragon kills one unit, it'll kill another one with a lightning strike. Unless you have a hero like Shiva, which has Air Shield to make units immune to that lightning, you have the risk to have your, say, bone dragon destroyed instantly just like that. But having 9-man units makes them vulnerable to Snowstorm. The only nuker I suggest using is Luna, because she can cast bloodlust on friendlies (granting them some lifesteal) and nuke down any summoned small dragon.

Azure dragon is also immune to control, so it cannot be stunned, frozen, silenced or tornadoed. It will, however, suffer the effects of slow, static, burning and bleeding, afaik. Some synergies must be considered: bone dragon + walking dead (both orange), Luna + gog, walking dead + orc or pegasi, walking dead + marskman or elven archer or swordsman, etc. I like walking dead a lot, because it slows enemy, it inflicts higher damage vs bleeding units and has defense degeneration vs low morale units, which means 3 synergies.

REGARDING TRIALS

I just got to 11-2 and it is hideous. Only 5 people accomplished that in my Server, all of them around 1.2-1.6 M power, a lot of 6 star orange units, a lot stronger than my 900K team. The trial is foul. You need, somehow, to destroy a tower that instantly kills any unit who gets next to it at the back lines. There's a teleportation device that actually does not help you, so best if you can send a cannon fodder ahead to deactivate it. Only a couple of heroes match that trial. I saw Gelu (most commonly used) and Yog. I think that given some circumstances, Mephala might also assure something. One thing to keep in mind is that, if you inflict any damage on the Angel, it'll start casting Rendemption sparingly, which most likely takes down weaker units for heavy damage. So, avoid that.

Gelu – this hero is intended to use burst physical damage to take down the fast healing treeants. You can leave a tanky caster or ranged unit clashing vs enemy's unicorns whilst focusing on ranged damage vs the treeants. However, if you don't have enough burst damage, you'll not win. You need to have enough ranged units to be able to strike the angel without getting into that goddamn tower's killing-blast AoE.

Yog – a hero that will start to pop up now that guilds are reaching lv 9, Yog's ulti makes enemy spell casting have reverse effects, healing enemies and damaging themselves instead of healing. It's just obnoxious. You break through unicorns (very easy to do), when your charging units are entering the tower's AoE, use that ulti, the blasting will not kill you, the healing tents will heavily damage the treeants (basically kill them in few seconds), and them whichever units which survived will be available to take down the angels, which is not difficult as it does not move.

Mephala – this is a speculation of mine, but I think you can take down unicorns and have charging units go ahead and use her ulti to make them immune as they reach the tent. Destroying the tent allows treeants to be killed, ranged units to attack angel or tower and win. However, treeants are considerable resistant, and if you don't have enough damage, time might run out.

All in all, Yog might be the easiest, and even considering 1 star only.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 18 Jan 2020, 01:45, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jan 2020, 19:40

I simply love to watch their bug thread. "Enemy invaded us with whole town. :rofl: "

The image looks like kidnapping the bride. On the left, her best friend summoned demons to do all that dirty work. On the right the bride, have no clue yet.

Azures

Following the discussion it seems to be Solmy + Power of the Dragon Father. Where he can summon Baby Azure instantly.

Developing Hero:
(IF you are not a VIP it's purely random)
1 skill locked _ VIP3
2 skills locked _ VIP6
3 skills locked _ VIP9
4 skills locked _ nope :tongue:

To get lore right you usually need to follow these thumb ups, so just after unlocking all lores you can go with your own combos.

DO you know that you can dismantle artifacts? To get these ember drops to buy another artifact. For that you just need to have some 'Star Sigil'
Last edited by Pol on 18 Jan 2020, 20:56, edited 7 times in total.
"We made it!"

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 19 Jan 2020, 00:17

Pol wrote:At least Skeleton Archers are used by AI in campaign. Encountered them already.

Better shield (passive skill), was written somewhere.

There are many loading screens, they also change in time. All units and evolution screens can be seen from rooster. Evolution screen are seen from your rooster (when upg. units) there's "Share" button left. And units screen can be seen from battle preparaton rooster, rc, pick (i).
I think you meant roster... rooster is a male chicken. :D
Thanks, I will check those buttons and see the evolution screens. It'll be hilarious seeing how Pit Fiends turned from whip-wielding demons to sexy succubi. :D

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 19 Jan 2020, 00:48

Panda Tar wrote:I returned there and scrolled up a bit to find some stuff. I just don't know exactly what they are and how they work. Mainly because I am at work and have no time to read what all people were talking about. :D

So, take a look and speculate:
Humm. Guessing then you can eventually upgrade units for reals, as in, Cavalier to Champion, Angel to Archangel. Not sure what that'll do since the units can already do the skills of the HOMMIII upgraded version.
The other units added are from Heroes IV, it seems - Dragon Golem, Mantis, Nigthmare. I spotted an Evil Eye too.

EDIT: http://yxwd.qq.com/webplat/info/news_ve ... 3873.shtml - HUH! This is dated 2017? This game has been out in China for 3 years now?
Last edited by BB Shockwave on 19 Jan 2020, 01:07, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Era of Chaos”