Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Rise to the challenge, forge your legacy! And live in the shadows of Heroes III. familiar names but not gameplay. Not recommended for poets, conservatives, perfectionists and people not having passion and daily time to waste.
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Dec 2019, 03:02

Centaur, Demon and Walking Dead are very tough to take down as well. I usually use these three in prior to the other you mentioned.
  • Centaur is a good 4-unit tanker, has a slow which synergizes with some units' abilities and Adelaide's spellcasting.
  • Demon is fairly good tanker (although 9-unit), but its ability to heal back life whenever it dodges an attack makes it durable and rather annoying, specially if you have Pit Fiends along, given it makes Demons stronger, not to mention that they also summon Demons into battle.
  • Walking Dead is also a decent 4-unit tanker with slow and area damage. Slow synergizing with other units, and the area damage has a bonus whenever the enemy is bleeding. It's a defender to place versus 1 and 4-unit enemies, as long as you have a proper backline to combo with it.
The most annoying unit to fight against I think right now is the Behemoth, another DEF unit. It is all around good, resilient, has very decent damage, has crowd control, adds damage when defeating enemy and when evolved fully, will heal for each killed enemy. :drama:

P.S.: there's Purple before Orange. Most of my current units are purple or purple +1.

Charging units will attack the first and closest of enemy back lines. I am not sure of the priority when there are two of them at the same situation, but I think they prioritize Casters, then Rangers. Now, if two Casters are there, I reckon they prioritize numbers (9-unit first), then weakest power output. ;|

About the strange behavior, sometimes I play some key-battles with Angels, and they simply don't move. They just attack when attacked or not even that. I am not sure if that's scripted or bad scripted. :D

And yes, the autocombat sometimes is terrible. There should have some small directives we could place beforehand, like key-functions? Something I remember seeing first at Star Ocean the Second Story, then in Final Fantasy XII with Gambit System:
  • Focus on buffs
  • Focus on debuffs
  • Save mana for ulti
  • Protect frontlines
  • Protect backlines
  • Attack backlines
  • Attack frontlines
Something like this should already help a bit regarding auto-behaviour.

Today I got my Gargoyle. :-D Nasty Attacker, which came in handy. I had only 3 Attackers, and had to resort to some odd combinations when facing too many Defenders. Gargoyles are very focused on attack and penetration, but they seem not to be very tanky. Trying to get it to Purple for the next Skill to unlock. :) And also got Vidomina through that bonus missions stuff. There was only 10 hours to end, but I had enough points to get her.

DRAGON INVASION

Apparently it's an event that might happen every couple of weeks, I think. I entered the Artifact room and it sprouted a message telling me that I could use another kind of resource – gained at the Dragon Invasion – which Rank Ups artifacts.

It is only for the regular artifacts. Apparently there is no ranking up for the Grouped artifact. I am guessing there are up to five stars for Rank Up, similar to that of a unit, and seeing that 40% rank up critical makes me think resources may be a bit rare and sometimes it will crit, like when you are learning spells and many segments are filled at once.

Adelaide is baddass! :-D I finally was able to pass the angel trial vs 2 ridiculously imba demons. Also, got myself in a good rank, despite my army power, 82th right now. Rewards for keeping ranks at Arena are good. :D

She also has her new Christmas attire, while Catherine has her wedding dress. :proud:

Today I got the Pit Fiend. Another Attacker I needed. But the upgrading will take a tad slower. Specially that any level now makes me spend a lot of resources to keep units up to date. And some farming to upgrade their equipment.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 28 Dec 2019, 14:57, edited 4 times in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Dec 2019, 21:36

Dragon Invasion will open in 15 days for me. Finally got TT suite, after saving up 2k diamonds from hidden chests and completing all stars. Now sitting in Dragon Utopia to hoard them even more. Tomorrow I will move again out.

Mercenary works very nicely. I have only Bone Dragon as my purple2d beast. Will build Psychic Elementals soon.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Dec 2019, 05:58

I don't have P.Elementals yet.

Still missing over 20 units in the game, which builds a bit of an anticipation, considering both factions still not added to the game, Fortress and Dungeon, plus those neutral units added to the game later, like halfling, nomad, enchanter. Some we already added, as we can see, like those three dragons at Dragon Utopia, sharpshooters for Gelu's specialty. Enchanters might come like that, an upgrade from the archmages in battle.

And there are peasants, hohoho.

Black Dragons could be the ultimate Charging unit. :D

Although I won 4 until now, things are getting a little harder to remain under 100th. :drama:
Last edited by Panda Tar on 29 Dec 2019, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Dec 2019, 22:07

I see, that you have it complicated, as there are no Panda Commandos. ;-)

The game is long, time until you complete all mods, is around 2 hrs daily, gold CQ.

Playing for now, been at l50, but, for me that's temporarily. As I see from our Guild, people are falling out, the break point is about l38 without VIP.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Dec 2019, 22:37

I think there should have Arena for non-VIP, and perhaps a bit more kind to those who are not as well. It shows that players at top rank are way too deep into VIPing their way to the top, at an alarming growth rate. Those who cannot afford to keep up, fall behind. Something along the lines of Guild Wars. To keep up there, people needed consuming a lot of diamonds. ;|

My guild is maintaining a steady pace, as far as I can tell. Though there are some afk people and some who do not donate, not even gold for guild skills (figures). :drama:

I got stuck again at one of the Trials. I need better developed units on a whole. I lacked a good team for the second fight, because needed using some stronger ones on the first one. :cry:

Also got stuck at the actual Crystal Dragon level. It survives until 30% of its HP red bar when time's off. Realized that I cannot use 1 or 4-man units now, because it spikes crystals while regenerating, and the spike kills a unit instantly. 9-man units seems the way out of it. But range units are 95% of the time stunned, so I cannot expect much from them. Unsure of which hero to use. I will try next time with Ryland, healing and adding those treeants into battle to help, using those protective buffs too. Mephala did ok too with invincibility during the healing time and the killing spikes. But damaging spells seem not effective. :idea:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Dec 2019, 10:54

Interesting option is to save guild's quartermaster. Not only it can help you to collect resources but also in the end it provides you a free teleport on your guild's territory.

Another thing is going with friends, 'which you can collect for sharing speed bonuses, 2 per friend'

Yes, IMBA is here too. Some units are much stronger from the beginning, like Behemoth, Angel, Black Nights.

With skill poitions you can obliterate leveling. Did you tried expert leveling (costier)?
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Dec 2019, 17:18

Chapter 11: Tatalia - Wight is still here, despite Griffin being dead.
Chapter 13: From Day to Night - Let me think.., forever (which is probably because of the first - it wasn't, chest found after more tapping under glacier on the other side)

Adelaide is da Beast. With freezing slowing powers.

Each week the guild map is reseted, with everything starting from the zero. Including one-week artifacts on the paperdoll.
Last edited by Pol on 30 Dec 2019, 21:53, edited 3 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Dec 2019, 21:29

I haven't checked this quartermaster. I will try tomorrow, when I get the resources to go around the map more freely. Today, I spent in three trips to the nearest boss to help taking it down. :drama:

I have been adding friends hither and tither now, to get additional speed bonuses and getting energy bonuses too (max of 60 per day). :-D

Wight keeps with you for a while. Even now, playing the Tower missions, she endures. :D

Told you Adelaide was good. However, not really good for letting AI play with it. It uses the skills on the most unfortunate moments. :(

I have been using that potion leveling for a while. When your unit goes a degree on upgrades, it allows getting more total power. I think the begining is 3K spends, but now I have units which can go up to 7K. Every 1k power, it upgrades 1 level of their role. Phoenix has 5k power now, but it still a way to get to full bars, so I guess I need 8 or 9k.

Mystical Market is a good option, if you have some spare gold, to gather some resources you are going to need any day. Farming resources can be a bit of a headache, if there are too many different units to upgrade.

And the HOT UNITS are very good to use when you going on these Duels. They will share a single big HP bar, so they cannot be partially killed (4 and 9-unit), not to mention bonus damage. Luckily, I have all of them fit for battle. :-D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Dec 2019, 21:55

For quartermaster quest, visit your guild's girl next the castle on the map
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 31 Dec 2019, 16:19

Visited him today. Chose resources first, because that's lacking right now. :D

And how do we retrieve what he collected? Does that happen automatically on the daily update? Or we must visit the warlady again?

Fortress coming next, I think.

Was it suppose to be available already? Got that from the ongoing event of the summoning combination of stones.

Uh, didn't know the Events menu on the left could roll down ... I thought events expired already. I had 480 candies to exchange for stuff. Then I was able to get a Fire Elemental. :D Also could exchange for 5 gold keys. Forgot that I had also those daily energy claims ... and that I had some stars missing at some underground levels. :rolleyes: Silly me.

Got a Lizardman token too.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 01 Jan 2020, 22:49, edited 4 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Jan 2020, 20:16

Just summoned 228D in Astrologer, for one that "space cloth". Which I had got in the Sign-In tab. So, not bad. But not any poetry inside, just merchant.

Another silly thing is that you can buy a diamond package with discount for other guildmates, and then go and use it yourself. So you pay like 188 and get 25 back.

Yesterday I seen player KorbenDallas. Very fitting name here. :D

A small plus is for these automated messages, with direct link.

You are not alone, on discord some other players complained also with Serpent Fly.

Yesterday I noticed that I have enough fragments for Vidomina, to summon her. Now saving for upping Rashka, the last one will be Gelu. Catherine and Adelaide are already upped. As for skill re-rolls, that's long way ahead.

I have Water, Air, Psychic and Sprite from the Conflux Event. "Exploding" Sprite sounds a bit unnatural. Never tried, perhaps it's just a bad description.

Finally located that hidden chest from Chapter 11: Tatalia. No clue, just hyper tapping.
(left cliff from the Marletto Tower, close to cactuses)

Chapter 11: Tatalia - Wight is still here, despite Griffin being dead.
One of the mages from previous scenario was still alive, in my case that one saying: "Go and find real me". Clicket it out and Wight disappeared too. No bug.
Last edited by Pol on 03 Jan 2020, 21:50, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 04 Jan 2020, 09:05

I checked and installed it. Man, they shamelessly stole pretty much all music from HOMM3... And the plot as well with Catherine returning from Enroth to find her dad assassinated by Lord Haart, of course with a sexy helper fairy added because I guess all these types of clicker games run on sex appeal (more on that later).
The combat is disappointingly basic and so far the tutorial mode did not really let me do much. But as far as I can see, apart from arranging army formations and casting spells, you have absolutely no control over battles. To turn the best Turn Based Strategy to these "fights battles by itself" modes... is a travesty. Especially when we have a completely working HOMM2 and 3 emulator for android devices. They could have easily made this game turn based, but then, the ADHD kids would be bored fast and would not spend dollars to unlock units. I see that unit upgrade is made needlessly complicated with not just color levels for the items of the unit, but unit levels too, and I guess you will run out of resources in-game soon and be forced to buy them with real currencies?
Units at least have abilities, but they bear little to no similarity to the originals, and sometimes have ridiculously mistranslated names, revealing how this game is really an chinese port more meant for the Asian audiences. My favorite is the Angel's "Simpleminded Sniper", WTF?
Also, seems there are no upgrades to the units HOMM3 style, unless you use certain heroes who upgrade them in combat. So the way I see you cannot get the unit looks to change otherwise, which is a bummer, even the NetDragon Heroes Online did have unit designs change as they grew more powerful.
And well, good that I mention that game, because same as that chinese game, this chinese game also heavily sexualized some units. But... at least Netdragon did not make Liches sexy. I mean seriously... :wall:
And while I fully expected them to replace Gogs with Succubi (which they did, but still called them Gogs)... look what they did to the Pit Fiends! D&D weeps.
I fully also expect they will turn every monster human-faced, or humanlike, given what they did to the Ice Elemental. That does not bode well for the Fortress...
Most hilarious I found the Mages, who are instead of wise old men, scantly clad ladies. :P
Don't think I will waste more time on this game, as the combat is utterly unappealing and boring, but I will check back once they added Dungeon and Fortress heroes and units to see sexy Harpies and Medusae, LOL. Will they even redesign Gnolls to be instead dog-eared anime girls? At any rate weird they would add Conflux to the game before those two.
Last edited by BB Shockwave on 04 Jan 2020, 09:18, edited 2 times in total.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 04 Jan 2020, 09:37

Pol wrote:Tried a bit "Duel of Champions" (castle in-game), and noticed, that for reward you can buy a hero (3 soul pieces from required 50) - Luna, Rashka, Zydar, Gelu. Win 6x times a day. Got bags with money and some exping thingies instead .

But effectivaly cannot continue without getting first either Treeant, Unicorn or Griffin. So a stopper here. Wasted all my energy so it was best timed... :P

It does looked like a Crystal Dragon. It appears, attacks, fall asleep as it summons several batch of small dragons, and when you beat them, it does awoke and you need to finish him. The worst part, as usuallly, are spells. Hmm, crystal shower.
Wait, the Armageddon's Blade super-dragons are in the game?
Got any screenshots of them?
I also noticed there are several neutral units like Rogues and Dire Wolves, but they are not shown in the unit previews, so no way to check their stats.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Jan 2020, 13:39

That's called full namelogy. Everything sounds straight out from the H3 but more often than not, it's something else. (We can start from Secondary Skills.)

I went bored with fighting, and now when being stronger, in majority of battles use autocombat.

Whole levelling is based on EXPing approach. So you are going for green bottles like mad to distribute them among your men (err, women mostly). Based on your overall power, your level is auto-upgrading. And more campaigns and options are openning for you.

In addition, you need to take care about armor (From blue to red, max seems to be 3D), consequently levelling your units armor, passive skill, active skill, soul tokens and that all apart from exping itself.

That means that you can have EXP unit on L50 but without touching the rest, it's very weak and it will fail to lower levels, where they cared about the rest.

That said you are not forced to buy them with a real currencies, you will get them as time pass. Only slower than VIP person. That's certainly doable, we have one non VIP player in our guild and his army is on par with my (VIP6 - not so much time at my hands)

Don't worry, there are caps on everything. No feeling of freedom.

Texts are meh. No sparkle, not even funny mistakes. Too much text moved from Chinese to English at once. Same problem in other language mutations, seen complaints on french too.

There are some sort of units updates but are reserved as Heroes ability. So under Catherine you get Crusders, under Rashka Sultan Efreets.

Ice Elemental is good for me. For some time had problem with Mage in campaign, as there's her and I'm used to him. So was looking for Mage (him), silly me.

As an veteran player you will have advantage on Monday, where there is Sphinx contest on Guild's Map.

In Dragon Utopia you can fight Rust, Fairy and Crystal Dragon. There's no Azure. They all are of unimaginative design. However there are some in-battles obstacles or events. (Probably inspired by WoG). No images yet but I will add some more in a future.

I never seen Rogues or Dire Wolves, however Panda have few soul tokens of Serpent Fly.

PS @Panda
In the last Trial I met with duo of Devils, the only unit having some effect against them is Centaur. And the only thing which I see are flames instead of my units, and then they mine are all dead. Were you able to overcome them? (No way I could manage to freeze them with spell, too fast.)
Last edited by Pol on 04 Jan 2020, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Jan 2020, 14:28

Azure Dragon is present as a summoning dragon. When you complete the set of Dragon Artifacts, it will summon a baby azure dragon, which I think it's completely imbalanced, upon battle to fight for you. Yet to see that one.

Those 2 Devils were a bit strange to battle. The way I figure seemed that placing units at the same line of them, felt like having a mining camp. I died faster that way. So I used units gathered on those 2 middle lines. You also must use 4-man and 1-man units, so they don't die on those ridiculously gigantic blasts. You will focus spells against the bigger devil first, which has higher damage. The smaller devil has high defense, but little attack. That's all help I can provide. :D

I am stuck at 8-3. So far, only 15 people were able to pass by it.

I got Solmyr, Shiva, Mephala, Sir Mullich, Luna. I am focusing on Shiva and Adelaide. Adelaide is good when you are controlling her. AI for Adelaide sucks balls. For Shiva seems less terrible, and she upgrades Thunderbird. I might also level up Luna, which seems to be competent for AI, and has synergi with Firebird. Once I unsed Mephala know it was impossible to lose that AI match, and after she used her ulti on the worst possible way (to defend only a champion which was about to kill its pray, instead of defending the whole front line with units gathered on just 2 lanes), I got grumpy and will leave her in oblivion as punishment. I am not comfortable with Solmyr. Shiva has a single spell which makes the AoE area immune to Air Magic. That's that for Solmyr's Chain Lightning.

I got 6 tokens from unreleased units: 1 troglodite, harpy, minotaur, serpent fly and 2 lizardman. Harpy does look like it'll be sexualized somehow. Its small pic just looks cute for now. There's also Medusa. Or maybe they make Manticore.

To be frank, I am not against the upgrade stuff on a whole. It brings a less forced situation in which we had in Heroes games that everyone should have upgrades. I prefer back, like H2 was. Some units had upgrades, others not.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 06 Jan 2020, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Jan 2020, 16:57

They should stop with mimicing King's Bounty.

Guess I will need to advance a few more levels up, and also skills. This is the same case like defeating Naga Guardians..
Last edited by Pol on 06 Jan 2020, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Jan 2020, 19:11

Naga guardians fall for Adelaide with a bunch of competent ranged units, and some sturdy 4-man and 1-man defensive units.

P.S.: read my reply above, related to Trials. I started composing the post before going lunching, and it somehow ended there.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 06 Jan 2020, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Jan 2020, 20:46

Panda Tar wrote:Naga guardians fall for Adelaide with a bunch of competent ranged units, and some sturdy 4-man and 1-man defensive units.

P.S.: read my reply above, related to Trials. I started composing the post before going lunching, and it somehow ended there.
I will wait for three more levels up and beat them with Rashka. After a little tunning it started to be very useful. And I have Efreets now. Just needs stock of caster skills potion, but not from that greedy old ubisoft man. :D

Ïnteresting info here indeed, read it all.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jan 2020, 19:59

You know what.. I gave up with waiting and killed them with Adelaide right away. Just boosted a bit my gremlins. Rangers make wonders vs Golems and all these "Magic Immunities" :D

Seems they didn't gave up with Cyclops lineage traced back to demons. This one is sure cross-bred with mammoth instead.
Last edited by Pol on 08 Jan 2020, 21:45, edited 3 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jan 2020, 21:25

They are a mixture of H3 with H5 cyclopi, it seems.

As for heroes, Adelaide, Shiva, Luna and Gelu. Might use them for different purposes. Adelaide is good when we control her. Shiva is also good controlling and she fares decently when is being used by AI, but not vs any hero. Luna is decent AI handler, might be one of the best. Gelu is good to burst damage of any kind, not very good vs heroes/units with much control.

Were you able to pass that trial? I am still stuck at 8-3, however, the last time I tried, I almost won. So, it's a matter of getting a bit stronger and try again.

Do we open a thread with unit arts? Or heroes? Considering there are not many heroes, it might not take too long.

Return to “Era of Chaos”