Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Rise to the challenge, forge your legacy! And live in the shadows of Heroes III. familiar names but not gameplay. Not recommended for poets, conservatives, perfectionists and people not having passion and daily time to waste.
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Jul 2020, 18:48

I got fed up with the shower of buy this and buy that springing all around. And my guild was 1st, with the top players as well. But they did not demand anyone to keep playing, however they asked people not to be inactive for more than 2 days.

Anyway, chariots, chariots. Moving on. It's actually good not having anything to play on the phone. At least I read, then.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 23 Jul 2020, 08:17

You only realize the amount of attention a game demands once you stop playing :)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Jul 2020, 11:16

Kudos, wims! :-D

Yeah, that's exactly that. It becomes a little concern in the corner of our minds which shouldn't really take hold, but it does eventually. Then, it becomes a chore. Regardless, I am now playing Dead Cells on my notebook, trying to do dunno-what, because the game seems kind of endless and pretty hard.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jul 2020, 14:17

Just to note, EoC is more time demanding than CQ and also less forgiving when you skip a few days. Whereas in CQ it doesn't matter in EoC you will lost rank ( ..if you care about it, that is.).
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 13 Dec 2020, 21:45

I played this as f2p for one month or so and uninstalled it,. Not a bad game, and nearly not as bad as I expected, but the paywalls really threw me off.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Dec 2020, 12:38

@Galaad
That's not even paywall, it's not well thought, badly translated and hardly RPG. The biggest challenge, and a good reason to play it, is to advance in individual challenges (Treasury, Underground, Geon, Elemental plane, etc.. - few hundreds of them are available.), though progress is slow and slower.

As cjlee again said, for Heroes VII., where they didn't fix the AI but added instead artificial time limit. It's the same here. To get the reward but not just to pass, you need to finish it on 3 stars. Thus this means no looses and win within 1min or 25s, depending on challenge. Sometime more. It's force comparison.

The strategy part is a very weak one and consist from shopping (or another ways of obtaining resources), making army patterns and watching the results. Not complicated. But also not really challenging. You cannot do anything else.

Till this time, there is no searching for treasure, even when obelisks are here from the beginning.

Graphic is very pretty though.

Texts get bearable too, we moved from basement to better elementary school.

Music is ok. (Not special, often reused.)

There's no AI, only some simplified rules which drive the battle.

For fans of eternal clicking this is an Eden. There indeed you can click very much, almost till you death. (And the best for it, you don't need to pay for. Really, believe me, clicking wasn't monetized and remains free for all!)
Last edited by Pol on 21 Dec 2020, 11:42, edited 4 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 21 Dec 2020, 08:36

Pol wrote:The strategy part is a very weak one and consist from shopping [...]
Yep that sums it up quite well.
Last edited by Galaad on 21 Dec 2020, 08:37, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Era of Chaos”