Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Rise to the challenge, forge your legacy! And live in the shadows of Heroes III. familiar names but not gameplay. Not recommended for poets, conservatives, perfectionists and people not having passion and daily time to waste.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jan 2020, 20:41

Yes, Zydar starts to be mentioned way too often. What I worry is that they were going with "Portal of Glory" contest, instead with adding campaigns. It's a clear sign, that RPG part is secondary, used as a veil.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Jan 2020, 22:21

Predictably, indeed. If you are playing campaigns, you are actually not really compelled to rush at anything. Now, pvp, you need to be top notch to be really competitive, and then, investiment and money will count more. Just hope it won't take too long to release Fortress and other stuff not entirely focused on whale players.

Ah, if you don't use often, when you get the combination spell of the day from someone, test it in the training grounds, the last option scrolling to the right, Practice, so you choose your team and the opposing team. Then you do the combination. You don't even need to finish the battle.

Need to balance some artifacts. Vamp up the two blue lagging ones mainly.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Jan 2020, 13:32

Yes, I'm not interested in the online part. And the RPG part is pretty weak. In addition some dialogs are for the other party, so it can be confusing. Albeit potential is here. It's just that thing, that's not used.

Shal I propose to Ubisoft a new title?
EoT = Era of Tokens

:P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 31 Jan 2020, 19:43

Zydar is coming. He is an inferno summoner. 2-star ability is global, improving summoning units' attack and defense (which means it'll get even harder to deal with those baby azure dragons sprouting all around). But he seemed not really interesting/effective/meta-like. Apparently too dependable on the right combination of troops and whanot. Awful for AI.

Got my Luna to 4-star today. I'll get Gelu to 3-star next, for his global critical ability. Also getting Mephala to 3-star for Defense units' HP boost. And Mullich's 2-star ability, which improves Charging units' attack power. Solmyr also has a 3rd global ability (in likeness with Adelaide), but I became a grouch towards him and stubbornly will not evolve the SoB – specially because he'll be nerfed heavily (good riddance).
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Feb 2020, 21:54

Four new units coats and Zydar, Kilgor and lately Dracon. With absolute nihilistical quote: "Spellmaster despises all being." He's the reason, why Solmyr is a good one here. And still not a new content, from the point of campaigns, treasure search and not even any more good lore uncovering.

Simply stalling.
"We made it!"

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 13 Feb 2020, 22:09

Pol wrote:Four new units coats and Zydar, Kilgor and lately Dracon. With absolute nihilistical quote: "Spellmaster despises all being." He's the reason, why Solmyr is a good one here. And still not a new content, from the point of campaigns, treasure search and not even any more good lore uncovering.

Simply stalling.
LOL for reals? Is that some terrible mistranslation? :D He only hates and hunts dragons.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Feb 2020, 14:09

Some mistranslation makes us err some Sphinx riddles, every now and then. :rolleyes: My guild president offered a small US$ value for those who got first in Sphinx event this week. Kind of him to do so. Given we are the 2nd guild in PWR, almost tied with the 1st, it was a nice way to boost people's interest.

Ah, yes, soon they will have to add some content. Top PWR guy left (which is kinda bizarre, given the man might have spent couple thousand bucks in the game), and another big one followed in suit. Both from the top guild. Our members, at least the strongest, are going on. Every now and then, someone goes afk.

I had to get Solmyr to 2-star to get trial 11-3 done yesterday, and have a bit more damage vs azure. Now, I got stuck at 13-3.

Conflux Plane update coming on February 18th. It seems we will finally have means to get Earth and Psychic elementals other than sheer random luck.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 14 Feb 2020, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Feb 2020, 06:54

And the login error from tomorrow continues and now I'm also affected, as being kicked out at our regular time, 5am. Bummer :(

Compared to CQ, this is a mess
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Feb 2020, 13:21

The instability is rather often. Refund! :(

Tomorrow some new content will be up. Couple heroes, Conflux Plane, awakening, new level cap. And the ridiculously expensive buy to the top merchandise. Did you see the price for Lord Haart? Not even a 2-star one. Of course, it's mainly to link to the other offer for his alternative skin. :drama:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Feb 2020, 14:42

Gold keys are the only right keys here. Because via them you can summon your top tier unit. But it's matter of luck.

Yes, we received compensation. Actually two, so it was like 1400D and 11 Speed potions and some other goodies.

What is getting me, is all that difficult structure. Of course, that's all virtualized but it seems like:
* each continet is having it's own login server (that's what was broken)
* Europe itself is having over 20 servers.
And yet, when you look at players per server, there's not so much of them. Seems like under 500 for sure.

I have strong units, got to the "Potential" tab but weak artifacts and heroes. Working on them a bit.. sometimes.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Feb 2020, 20:20

I am an artifact player. Units are getting better. And some peak hero, but not many alternatives.

Regarding the servers, a considerable number of players goes afk. I don't know how a server will behave if it's not supposed to delete players. There must be a way to avoid players to get stuck in servers with too few players without having to create another account for another server, which would be simply absurd, taking the consideration of how much money one can spend there.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Feb 2020, 23:13

But that costs diamonds, when you are getting Casting Crystals. And you need a lot of them. It's just infinite row of spending.

I published a news about the close future. Lets even remotely hope, that stories will become significantly better. Otherwise they are below average.

Nothing change my opinion, that this game is created to prolong the time which you spent in. But apart from Chinese and Corean version, something is broken here.

There I would guess, that you are certainly over hour per day, most likely even over two hours. Comparing it to CQ, where you needed to invest just 15mins daily, as a minimum.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Feb 2020, 18:51

Trials 14-3. Impossibru as for now. :cry:

Guild is now 1st. The big whale players that had vanished days ago returned to buff (and spend tons of money) his units, awaken, angel event, etc. But has not returned to effective playing. He might be a Prince or something.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Mar 2020, 22:06

Another money-grabbing moment!

Bone dragon and mummy at the same time. Meanwhile, Solmyr not nerfed, still waiting people to pour down resources on him to mess up with his supremacy. Just got all units orange. Finally.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Mar 2020, 17:42

Yes, and Kysa have it all already. He also killed Geon (second time) within 16s. That strongest player at our (EU16) server.

At least, strongest still playing..

Meanwhile I have got Yog and passed that 10-2(?), which we were discussing some time ago. :D

PS From the point when I reached VIP6, I moved to be free player. So, I have two Boss units but zero wrongly used money. :P
Last edited by Pol on 05 Mar 2020, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Mar 2020, 21:57

I got stuck at 14-3. Some weird crap there, hohohoh.

My server has not yet anything thaat hardcore. The top members are in my guild, and although they are somewhate whales, they have some limitation. The previewing whale seemed to have gotten bored (or poor) and now he is just popping every now and then (apparently to buy the latest stuff, but not really use it; how messed up that is?).

Mummy seems to be anti-healing, which is kinda useful, for me at least, because I have the most difficulty fighting vs those angels + genies + behemoths combos. :drama:

And still 2 artifacts short from the dragon set.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Mar 2020, 07:28

Geon is hero from the last mission with Yog, uberpowerful Psychic Elemental. (Not yet defeated by me, in his second "dead love burning" form.) And because, all side missions are recorded and you can replay them, Kysa is here, with his superquick combat, featuring even new units fully developed. Power of money!

To be fair, there are many players, who don't pay and rank very well - effort pays too. But they are not winning "Duel of Gods", everything else they do. :D

Also is good to say, that new mission with Yog is having much better text quality, then previous. AmandaPanda did contest, for new stories, so we may got some of these too. Very nice!

They also proceeded with AMA - Ask me Anything. Will attempt to publish soon, if they have it now with answers. ;)

However probably nobody fix ridiculously wrong Sphinx's Question. Never eer.

What about you and Chaos plane? Being on lev 4-5 and give it a pause.
Last edited by Pol on 06 Mar 2020, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Mar 2020, 13:40

Chaos Plane ... I think I am around 7 or 8. Use your cavalier for the initial stun (and use all those other stun units, of course, maybe get a mercenary Angel or something) and Gelu. That might do it.

I got stuck at some other colors. Fire and Air are ridiculous now, at least for me. Ice is also getting difficult. Earth just got to be a taboo.

As long as Solmyr is not nerfed, that goddamn blue genie is like a virus everywhere. Duel of Champions is so boring due that. Always the same combos and very tough to deal with if the enemy team has powerful healers and an Azure dragon. So you have people with 200-400K less power winning because Solmyr's burst is so broken.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 06 Mar 2020, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Mar 2020, 14:40

We don't have Mercenary Angel, neither Devil, Behemoth. We are not in the top ten, you can imagine. However I have very good Cavaliers, and base Bone Dragon. ;)
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Mar 2020, 14:42

You just need the initial stun and try to burst him as fast as possible. Having imps, gremlins or dwarves also helps because they can stun with normal attacks, and with Gelu, the odds are pretty neat. :D

Return to “Era of Chaos”