Playground of the gods...WOW!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 21 Nov 2006, 22:50

I think two versions has been done a lot actually. Many maps for Heroes four came as regular or Allied, so it would be sort of the same thing, right?

A question I have though is will the map play with the Hammers of Fate expansion, or will that cause problems?

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 22 Nov 2006, 01:28

LindaG wrote:A question I have though is will the map play with the Hammers of Fate expansion, or will that cause problems?
i dont have HOF yet, so i cant answer that question, but if anyone does have problems, let me know. from what ive read maps should be compatible with the expansion.

so i looked at the map, and i know what im going to do to change the map and make try to make it playable on 512 mb ram systems. cuz i think the percentage of players with 2 gb is probably not that many.
who would have thought that a map from HOMM V would have a system requirement of 2 gb of ram to be played :)
i heard that the new windows vista takes up alot of system resources, but i bet not as much as my map does :)

if anything it will be interesting to make another version of the map, since now that i know what is too much, i can try to figure out what is the right amount of objects to have on a map for the next one i make.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 22 Nov 2006, 11:20

myythryyn wrote: cuz i think the percentage of players with 2 gb is probably not that many.
I think you are right there. I play on a laptop and have 1240 MB (odd, I know, lol, but that's what it tells me.)

I think our desktop only has a gigabyte, and I am pretty sure all the other laptops in our house have a gigabyte or less. :P

afoity
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Playground of the gods...WOW!

Unread postby afoity » 17 Nov 2022, 14:43

Hi there, does anyone still have this map available to share? I am unable to find it anywhere... searching for it by name in maps5heroes just doesn't seem to work... Thanks!

cjleeagain
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Playground of the gods...WOW!

Unread postby cjleeagain » 08 Jan 2023, 12:31

I popped by this page because it was such an old necropost (16 years) that I thought Playground of the Gods was some new scenario. And reading the stuff just brings me back...

Windows Vista? 1GB RAM? Ah, now I remember these days, when Heroes V was condemned for being slow and lousy and badly coded! I'm sure if this site is keeping posts from 2006, you'll find some of my rants somewhere back then using my old account!

3DO has been bankrupt for twenty years, and the AMAZING thing is that nobody else has done any good TBS games!
Writer and Janitor

Main Site: https://www.thezil.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrganizationZil
My patreon page is https://www.patreon.com/zzo

Return to “Heroes V-VI”