Expert Quests: Battle and Color Guide

Mobile game by Jon Van Caneghem studio VC Mobile Entertainment. Beautiful offspring with Might & Magic touch. All your quests lead to adventure!
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Expert Quests: Battle and Color Guide

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Nov 2018, 19:14

This thread is to help those who will start endeavouring on Expert Quests. We'll be listing here battles and colors so you can consult and find the best teams to keep it going, especially at greater difficulties. Given it's almost impossible keeping a single team throughout the whole quest.

Expert Quests feature fully awakened creatures and some nasty unique bosses. By unique I mean that they are bosses with unique set of skills, not really matching their collective counterpart you own yourself.

:stop:
I'll start updating the thread later. I created the thread before I forgot the idea. ;)

:panda:

ARCANA: GIANT PROBLEM

After some exploring, you'll find yourself facing 3 battle choices:
  • 1). Gorgon
    2). Hunchback
    3) Ettin
GORGON
What comes to meet you
  • 1st wave: BLUE units – Parrots, Penguins, Masks, Nymphs and King Cobras (the brunt of their damage is based on LUK, and they have both heal and dispel)
  • 2nd wave: A single huge Walrus
  • 3rd wave: YELLOW units – Hyena, Griffin, Cockatrice, Catmage and Dwarf (some decent multi hit damage, a couple of buffs which affect directly those units, a dispel and a powerful stun)
  • 4th wave: A single huge Gorgon – behaves as if having 4-dots

DEFEATING GORGON, ENABLES BATTLE ON YELLOW TENT
Last edited by Panda Tar on 14 Nov 2018, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Expert Quests: Battle and Color Guide

Unread postby wimfrits » 12 Nov 2018, 23:11

Worth mentioning that the Giant quest is easier because it does not have complementary colour armies.
(I currently farm Giant on demigod on 100% for 3 dusts per colour)

GENERAL
* Tried a lot of combinations and Statue is still great for any battle without Red.
* Ignore defense is extremely powerful
* You will need dispel in all battles and cleanse in some
* I never go without stun
* It really helps to feed mana to one creature so it can use a special in round 2

BLACK AND RED
My favourite team atm is this one:

2 ignore defense units, Shaitan and Naga with complementary buffs, Stun, dispel and big heal. Dragon can be replaced but has the right dots and looks badass.

I will start the battle by targeting the most flimsy enemy (wyvern, dancer), while first feeding the Frost Giant, and Shaitan after that.
From round 2 on Giant can stun any target while taking away 70-100% of HP. Meaning the battle is under control.
* Hunchback: I keep him stunned to limit rezz, while taking away first the top row, then any rats and zombies last
* Fire Giant: his meteor shower can one-shot a unit. With the above team he never gets to act. Otherwise I'd want a rezzer on board
* Abomination: it's important to have dispel ready. For the rest this is one of the least scary bosses

Deity level update
Replacing dragon with a rezzer works fine

* As you'll face quite some poison/burn enemies, consider using a cleanse unit
Last edited by wimfrits on 10 Dec 2018, 14:20, edited 3 times in total.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Nov 2018, 14:07

Very nice, wimfrits! :applause: Your inputs are much more valuable, specially that you are farming them currently. Keep it going whenever you have the time. :-D I'll just list on the first post the main colors find in the battles and the unique boss abilities. My strategies are still too noobish at this point. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Nov 2018, 17:00

It's worth to note, that once you complete Demigod difficulty you can QQ it for 8QC/80speed and Immortal is just for 7QC/75speed. Demigod gives yous 2vial of dusts per each color, Immortal just one.

Very easy. :P
Last edited by Pol on 14 Nov 2018, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 14 Nov 2018, 08:43

YELLOW AND BLUE

I'm a bit low on Yellow, but that doesn't really matter. Below team has a very high success rate on Deity level:

Cleanse, dispel, stun, rezz, 4 buffs and big team heal. A statue is good to have as well, especially because of his debuffing abilities

The first round of both battles can be quite tough as Blue ground Epics are pretty strong. So either bring a rezzer or count on luck. In my team I first feed the Shaitan in order to buff/heal each next round. Second the Behemoth to buff/stun. By then the battle is mine to control

* Walrus does too little damage to be scary. Cleanse is good to have and it helps to have it Yellow
* Gorgon is easily one of the most annoying battles. Cleanse is a must to prevent poisonous death. Make sure to time your cleanser's turn right. Dispel is required unless you are using ignore defense dmg dealers. As the Gorgon will act faster than your mana fills, you will need either stun or a second cleanser. Haven't tried silence yet. In short, this is a battle where you need to think a lot before you click
* Frost Giant does his normal stun, a powerful dispelling strike and has a dangerous Mark for death/Die combination. Die will kill one of your stunned units regardless of who was marked for death, but will do normal dmg if no-one is stunned. Mind that he has a chance to stun when hit by a special ability!!
* Lightning Giant, as all final Giant bosses, is one of the easier opponents. His rapid assaults do little damage. (Statue) buffs/debuffer works wonders here in combination with stun.
Last edited by wimfrits on 30 Jul 2019, 09:00, edited 5 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Nov 2018, 16:41

wimfrits wrote: My Demigod only gives 2 vials on QQ.. ;)
And 3 on 100% completion
Fixed.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 14 Nov 2018, 18:30

Last one for now..

GREEN AND WHITE
Using this team most of the time:

Dispel, stun, buff/debuff, mend, ignore defense. Cleanse would be nice but I don't need it so far.

The Ettin fight starts with a lot of support units. It will a bit of a race to take units down while they are being healed/rezzed. I tend to start with the top row small units (swan or clockwork tech)
In the Giant battle it is wise to take down the owl asap.
* Shard Golem has high stun resistance and sometimes one-shots. Keeping him debuffed helps
* Ettin gets random buffs constantly but is not really scary. That is, if you keep him debuffed and fatigued. Without fatigue, he may heal faster than you can damage him!
* Mist Giant does random buffs/debuffs. Dispel is nice to have here
* Forest Giant stuns, sometimes silences, heals a bit. But damage is low, so is one of the easier bosses.

I will share my thoughts on the final battle once I try the quest in Deity. Currently I rarely get a 100% score so always QC through it

Deity level update
The Ettin battle remains quite doable on Deity.
The first round of the Giant battle however, becomes quite horrible. Row- or AoE damagers, plus an owl. Also the first time I see gremlins being dangerous :)
Above team still works, with the added rezzer.

* It's worth considering to use a special-on-death unit like Rajiu, Chaos Nymph, Wisp.. to get you through the first round
* Another viable strategy might be to focus on getting a self healing Red boss to round 3
* You don't want to make it past the first round and die in round 3. So definitely bring something Red and dangerous
Last edited by wimfrits on 16 Jul 2019, 06:19, edited 4 times in total.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 15 Nov 2018, 16:37

I wish I screened my teams for Deity, now I don't remember. I used many different teams, I think I changed for each battle. What I do remember though is the 30mns battles. Epic, as we like them :D

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 10 Dec 2018, 19:00

SLUDGE HULK

This battle features a random mix of colours, ending with a NASTY Green boss.
This team worked for me after some retries. Rezz, stun, dispel, buff, mend, ignore defense

* As rounds are random, you can exit and restart the game until getting a first round you like
* Sludge Hulk can wipe out most of your team in 1 strike. High stats help
* mend is invaluable
* buffs are key as the Boss does not seem to dispel
* make sure to bring at least some powerful Red
* bring dispel
* rezz is mandatory, maybe even 2

I updated the other posts with Deity thoughts. Hope this will inspire some bold adventurers! ;)
Last edited by wimfrits on 10 Dec 2018, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 17 Dec 2018, 10:42

Great stuff Frits :tsup:
Last edited by Galaad on 17 Dec 2018, 10:43, edited 2 times in total.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 03 Feb 2019, 18:09

Been busy with other quests for a while.. Now to wrap up my take on the Expert Quests :)

Draconic Corruption features counter colours battles, followed by a Tiamat Boss. The final battle is MUCH easier than the one in the Giant Quest, but the rest is slightly more difficult simply because bringing counter colours is dangerous.
If you want to use counter colours, bring sufficient rezz. But I think it's more viable to use non-vulnerable creatures

BLACK and WHITE

This team served me well.

Mend, buff, debuff, double stun, ignore defense, cleanse, dispel and rezz. I'll start with feeding either the Statue or Frost Giant in turn 1 to let them fire in turn 2.

The shaman is the weak spot here. But I want a rezzer on board and without black/white the options are limited..

* Bring dispel to counter the white dragon's defense buff
* Stun is required to take down the crystals before they explode and kill a creature
* Mitigate damage from the dragons with buffs and /or debuffs
* Use cleanse to counter the black dragon's defense debuff
* Black dragon will double it's attack strength at some hp breakpoint

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 03 Feb 2019, 18:10

BLUE and GREEN

This got me 100% on Deity the first try
Cleanse, dispel, mend, buff, debuff, protection, stun, ignore defense and rezz.
Especially the Blue Dragon is a great tactical battle where you want to time your dispels, buffs and cleanses sharply

* Cleanse is mandatory to clean poisons and stuns
* Protection from debuffs helps to prevent poisoning
* Bring dispel to counter the blue dragon's luck buff
* Make sure to keep your cleanser well fed

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 03 Feb 2019, 18:11

RED and YELLOW

Cleanse, dispel, buff, protection, stun and rezz

* You will burn a lot, so bring cleanse
* As stated, take out the summoned flames asap. This will leave you open to the Red Dragon's attacks

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 03 Feb 2019, 18:12

TIAMAT

Like the Giant quest, the final battle starts with 2 rounds with a random mix of colours.
The team I used against Red/Yellow proved effective enough. Cleanse, dispel, buff, protection, stun and rezz. Where I will feed the Shaitan to buff at turn 2 and heal at turn 3

* As rounds are random, you can again exit and restart the game until getting a first round you like
* Tiamat shifts stances to use the specials of the previously fought dragons
* Bring dispel
* Bring cleanse
* If you get past the first round, this is by far the easiest of Expert Quest battles

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 24 Jun 2019, 16:39

The Grand Wish
This Quest features a return to all genies, ending with a massively challenging battle

Battling the genies
Colour setup is much like the ones in Draconic Corruption so you might be able to reuse some of your best combinations.
* Mind that you will always need dispel.
* It is also a good strategy to bring anti-Genie coloured units and rezz them in the 3rd round.
* Note that you can reload the game to get a better setup in the first 2 rounds. Especially the wood nymphs can be real annoying

Teams used last time for the 6 genies battles on Deity level, in chronological order

THANATOS

The quest ends with the greatest challenge so far. 2 rounds of mixed colour armies followed by the Wish Guardian himself.

What you want in this battle is
* Rezz
* Rezz #2 (or elven luck)
* Dispel, preferably dispel all
* Team heal
* Cleanse, 3+
* Stun
* Buff
* Debuff
* Ignore defense
* Row damage
* Single target damage

And you only have 5 slots.. This means you want to have units filling multiple roles. Creatures like Anubis and Asura are excellent for this battle as they are the only multi-role rezzers

Deity level team:

During the battle, try to follow the Guardian's rhythm and react to his spells. Try to minimize casts in order to build up charges. Then cast away to destroy the summons asap.
A stun is great for some breathing space though you can live without with some planning
Optimize dots for your team setup. In my case, the Shaitan and Oathkeeper are fed maximally to ensure I can dispel/buff/heal once each round.

Thanatos attacks
* Start phase:
A few rounds of nothing, followed by deplete all mana and then summon 4 dark energies
-- Use this phase to buff/debuff maximally

* Main phase:
Wish of Attack/Defense/Luck/Power. 1 buff, 1 dispel, low damage, debuff
-- Counter with dispel, re-buff. Team heal and/or cleanse when needed

Wish of Cunning/Might. 2 buff, 1 dispel, high damage
- Counter with dispel, re-buff, (team) heal or rezz

Wish of Emptiness/Gloom. Summons 2 dark energy, followed by a 1 turn break.
-- Counter by killing them asap, preferably before they start debuffing. Use cleanse in case you get debuffed

Wish of Death, instantly killing 1 unit
-- Counter by having 2 rezzers

Ancient rites. Multiple buff/debuffs + heal
-- Counter with cleanse + dispel

Aura shift. Multiple debuffs
-- Counter with cleanse

* Red breakpoint specials:
Dark Ritual. Buff all
-- Immediately counter with dispel all

Wish of Chaos. HIGH damage to all
-- Counter with buffs, debuffs, team heal, dual rezzers and having REAL HIGH hp!

LIFE or DEATH moments
There are 3 times your mettle is tested
[1] Round 1 features units of all 6 colours and can be real nasty. Reload the game if the setup is not favourable.
[2] After the start phase vs Thanatos you'll be extremely vulnerable facing 4 dark energies and zero mana.
[3] When Thanatos' HP turns red, he will cast a buff all, followed by a Wish of Death and then a massive Wish of Chaos. You absolutely need to play your cards right at this point. BE WARY, as the fight is soo long, there's a good chance you time your dispeller's turn wrong and miss the window of opportunity. And die.. The good part is that there are no new surprises after this 3rd breakpoint.

Good luck!
Last edited by wimfrits on 18 Jul 2019, 17:35, edited 11 times in total.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Jun 2019, 17:02

:applause:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Jun 2019, 20:58

There are some more excellent units to consider. Red Dragon (Cleanse All), Minotaur (Dispel All) and Dracolich. Dracoliches can perhaps become a solid base for autocombat army.

(Please note that Master of Depths is currently broken and lost its Dispell All ability and have instead just Dispel 3)

Desolator and Oathkeeper sounds sweets too.
"We made it!"

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 24 Jun 2019, 22:15

Indeed! Lots of combinations to try

I will probably replace the Desolator with the Behemoth next time :)
Desolator damage is not that great, stun a bit unreliable, and mana cost quite high

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Jun 2019, 21:03

Behemoth has become ridiculously imba, in my opinion. I just got mine to level 105. I am considering having it maxed up. I only have 2 Legendaries fully awakened, a Dracolich and a Colossus. Have been evolving legendaries to lv 105 for GW purposes. So my fighting ones have been let aside for a while. But I'll have to deal with that now, if I want to beat Thanatos on Demideity.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 25 Jun 2019, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 Jul 2019, 20:42

Courtesy of Kastore, who beat Deity a few days ago (Grand Wish):

Unawakened, untotemed, boosted

The team he used:

Pol, maybe the Thanatos is good idea for PotD? ;)
Last edited by Galaad on 01 Jul 2019, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Creature Quest”