Re: Battle Tower

Mobile game by Jon Van Caneghem studio VC Mobile Entertainment. Beautiful offspring with Might & Magic touch. All your quests lead to adventure!
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Re: Battle Tower

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Sep 2018, 04:48

Medusa's Lair can also give good results with only 1 White and the rest green. It depends mightly on the 4th wave, though. Sometimes, it'll bring 4 black units, sometimes only 1. When it has only 1, GGGGW can give a nice score.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 24 Sep 2018, 08:23

Indeed. Yet it seems that whenever I try with RRRRW, the game throws Gargoyles at me :|
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Nov 2018, 13:45

I'm starting to HATE that Dino Sore level. On my 4th attempt trying to get a nice score, I was hoping for very little yellow creatures, because I went with BBBRR (my G was always getting killed by the T-Rex, so I gave up). Then, it was going ok, only 3 yellow creatures in 3 waves, then the 4th wave came. Instead of 2 giant juicy Treeants on the ground level ... it appeared, out of nowhere, 1 Treeant and 1 Raptor. :cry: I didn't even know Raptors spawned in that floor. :(
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 08 Nov 2018, 13:47

wimfrits wrote:Indeed. Yet it seems that whenever I try with RRRRW, the game throws Gargoyles at me :|
You need to worship the RNG God some more. Don't forget to dance at night too.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 08 Nov 2018, 17:59

Good idea. Maybe I can sleep at work then ;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Nov 2018, 18:45

Quite the Gem - Ant, Black Cat, Ladybug, Squirell, Mantis 356.K
Dino Sore - Ant, Parrot, Penguin, Parrot, Otter 351.5K

Sorry, I'm lazy guy :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Nov 2018, 20:07

FUUUUUUUUUU.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Battle Tower

Unread postby Galaad » 08 Nov 2018, 22:03

Omg :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Nov 2018, 05:26

Ok, wimfrits, I have compiled a small list of the most recurring dot combinations accordingly to the color list of each floor. That's mainly to help decide whenever you need to roll combo dots for better scores. I have ignored the occurrence of same colors. I also considered mainly combinations of 2 colors, because they are easier to match on different battles and also easier if you have creatures with only 2 or 3 dots.

B R – 9
B G – 12
B Y – 6
B W – 7
B A – 5
R G – 11
R Y – 5
R W – 8
R A – 8
G Y – 8
G W – 10
G A – 6
Y W – 9
Y A – 6
W A – 5

However, keep in mind:
  • Even when they recur more, check the combinations which match most battles from 37th floor above, which require better damage;
  • Combo on lower levels may guarantee Overkill and Splash Overkill, but these bonuses are not as meaningful as pure color damage.
  • For this latter situation, you can consider having creatures designed for the lower floors and others for the top floors.
  • As wimfrits explained in another thread, 51th floor requires combo dots for optimal score.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 15 Nov 2018, 05:28, edited 3 times in total.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 15 Nov 2018, 07:23

Nice list! :tsup:

Also helps to get mana filled on lower levels

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Nov 2018, 19:18

Yo, wimfrits, in a completely off-topic thing, Loreena McKennitt is going to Utrecht on March, 2019. If you like that kind of song, you shouldn't miss her tour. :-D

Back on topic, on Lv 25, exchanging the Blue for another Red, can you test if we get better scores? I got better, but I'm not sure if it was mainly due luck or because creature picks. But having 2 Reds to deal with the second wave throroughly by sacrificing the 3 creatures on wave 1 ... it seemed like a good deal. Well, needs more testing. :D

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 20 Nov 2018, 07:22

Such a beautiful emotional voice :)

Went from 111 to 113 with RRGYY (but with previous high score at 117). I think you're on to something there.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Jul 2019, 23:05

Something weird ...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jul 2019, 07:11

Such a pitty!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jul 2019, 17:14

In the end, me and Matakaro got 2%. The goddamn game updates like 20 minutes later the end. So, you are left to hope something only to get slapped on the face.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jul 2019, 21:23

So, 6.8? What was the threshold?
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Jul 2019, 01:38

Like 10k more or something. We were REAAAALLY unlucky. We were the first top two 2%. My left eye almost twitched.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 28 Jul 2019, 11:13

Really unlucky indeed. But also the best results so far!
Margins are tight when score variations are low. This week will be similar to last week, with one exception: level 50. If you can get a good score there, your odds will be much better.

I updated my score list for those interested.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Jul 2019, 13:57

Squee. I still haven't started getting my scores yet. Might boost today. Should have done yesterday night. I was not sleepy and kept looking to and fro that goddamn war. :D

Return to “Creature Quest”