Dungeons

Mobile game by Jon Van Caneghem studio VC Mobile Entertainment. Beautiful offspring with Might & Magic touch. All your quests lead to adventure!
cariad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Dungeons

Unread postby cariad » 23 Jun 2017, 07:01

Just wondering why some people have 5 waves whilst most only have three

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Dungeons

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jun 2017, 07:29

Because five waves can be more deadly, you can hid here two bosses and three waves of critters.

If you do a lot of 3-4 dots creatures, best if fully awakened you can create and impenetrable wall. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Jun 2017, 09:40

3 waves = harder to gain mana and easier to die in first battle (with is usually crucial for whole run) for attacker.
5 waves = if your team survive 1st battle intact, you probably will clear whole dungeon. Also it's harder to level up all defenders and give them totems.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 23 Jun 2017, 13:19

Yes three waves are much more dangerous, given you put the right creatures. Currently, your typical 1st wave will have a huge damage dealer for the Epic slot (Light Elemental, Draconic Templar, Blue Drake) along two rezzers (Ornithopter, Raven) or one rezzer and a butterfly (buffer) for the two upper small slots, a Toad to stun in the small middle ground slot and stunners like Roos or tanky damage dealers like Boars in the rare slots. What I like with the 5 wave setup is you can create mono color waves with strategy in regard to your Bosses, but usually unless you get all 3/4 dots fully totemed they are too weak for the experienced player. First wave is the most important wave of your defense whenever you go 3 or 5 setup as like Avonu said attacker starts off with no mana.
A small trick is to bring a fully awakened wisp at lvl 1 when attacking as it supplies mana to all creatures on death, I have yet to try doing that myself. :D
Last edited by Galaad on 23 Jun 2017, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Jun 2017, 20:42

5 waves one are better if you can afford them. From my perspective that can be for players over level 150.

Let's compare:

3 waves
1 - 2x small flyer, 1x large flyer, 2x medium walker, 1x small walker
2 - 2x medium flyer, 1x small flyer, 1x large walker, 2x small walker
3- Boss

5 waves (current)
1 - 1x medium flyer, 2x small flyers, 1x medium walker, 2x small walker (in comparison this wave is weaker)
2 - 1x large flyer, 1x medium flyer, 2x medium walker, 1x small walker (almost the same)
3 - Boss (killer)
4 - 1x large flyer, 2x small flyers, 2x large walkers (one more strong pre-boss wave)
5 - Boss (to finish)

That said, you probably shouldn't think about larger dungeons until you are player at least lvl 150 and being very lucky. Because generally for dungeon defense you need three or more dots creatures, best if all awakened and with totems. Then you have a chance to tune your team by swapping the dots colors and for that you may be in need of quite a many re-rolls. Effectively you may re-roll creatures with three and less dots. For a four dots one you will need damn many tries. Max is 4096. For three dots max is just 729, luckily you may choose between several accepted combinations, usually, so for three dots it may be effectively going under 50 tries, for four ones under 150 tries.

Myself I'm happy to manage 3 waves dungeon, and that will be certainly for a longer time.

With different challenges you may be getting different dungeons, so it's good to pay them an attention. As not only environment change, there may be slight changes in creatures too. For example there was a 5 wave dungeon with 19 creatures already.

A larger dungeon allows color waves, so it can seriously cripple your army and break you dots combo, which is a point.

You are also supposed to change the tomes, the best ones are "Hunter", "Bruiser" & "Mystic" (for some creatures) or "Bard". As a dungeon master keep in mind that you will be facing just combos of larger and boss creatures. The small and medium creatures are almost irrelevant.

If you are in team (which is free and we do do have a one here) you may also ask your mates for testing your dungeon. ;)
Last edited by Pol on 26 Jun 2017, 11:22, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 25 Jun 2017, 23:01

Well what can I say, I'm lvl 291 and I never lose against a 5 wave, however, some 3 waves I cannot pass. The reason is simple, a first wave with an EPIC in WILL hurt you more. Draconic Templar and Blue Drakes, when 4 dots, along buffers and stunners... lol.
The only way to have a working 5 waves setup if you're aiming for ie top 3 in Gold would be to have the BEST creatures ALL 4 dots, yeah, you can farm.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 25 Jun 2017, 23:04

You are also supposed to change the tomes, the best ones are "Hunter", "Bruiser" & "Mystic" (for some creatures) or "Bard".
No, you want to emphasis on the special, Ranger for ATK based specials, Scholar for PWR, Bard for LCK, Defender for those doing DEF dmg, otherwise Soldiers is a solid +5% to all stats.
Then you have a chance to tune your team by swapping the dots colors
What? Multipliers don't work in dungeon defense.
Last edited by Galaad on 25 Jun 2017, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jun 2017, 11:21

@Galaad
Damn, you are right. They only determine the speed. Dunno, how this could escape my attention.

As for tomes I will try to do some comparison, undoubtedly it would be best if chosen tome would empower both types of attack. IF that is possible.

Edit1
For some reason I really like guides on mantasticpad. This one is about defense.
Last edited by Pol on 26 Jun 2017, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 26 Jun 2017, 11:31

For sure Mantastic does some great work :tsup:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 23 Jul 2017, 13:30

lol Pol :D
Come on guys what the hell, come join us Kreegans along wimfrits, us HOMM fans should stick together. :)

That aside, I really hope the current wave setup is temporary, removing Epic in first wave is one awful decision they made imo.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jul 2017, 17:41

Yes, and that solution. Place one low level creature in the first wave and then go on. Hmm..

But, when visiting InfamousCQ team I noticed that they have it even better, the first wave is starting with three hypnotoads, one evil cursing thing, silencer and damage dealer. Nothing is better than to having your whole team stunned from the beginning and dead in the first wave.

You were the weakest one offered. :p

Seriously my today biggest visitor was "Miss Bored Now" at level 355.

There are many HoMM fan teams, in this game more than.. mmm, don't know H7 current online state. So guessing either none or one.
Last edited by Pol on 23 Jul 2017, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 23 Jul 2017, 18:40

Pol wrote:But, when visiting InfamousCQ team I noticed that they have it even better, the first wave is starting with three hypnotoads, one evil cursing thing, silencer and damage dealer. Nothing is better than to having your whole team stunned from the beginning and dead in the first wave.
A breeze to pass with lvl 105 team... I have 100% ATK rate now, less than 20% defense...

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 30 Jul 2017, 12:17

Ouch I got my butt kicked there. :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Jul 2017, 16:52

Frog(s) and Walrus that's one of dangerous combinations indeed, someone have red on radar here. :D

Always when I see Phoenix as final boss, I think come on, that will be easy - and it is, if they won't disable my two key units (worm + lizard).
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Aug 2017, 15:26

Actually both of current dungeon layouts are bit of wonky. Let see what will become a classic later. Myself I quite enjoyed previous 5-wave dungeon, with two bosses in final two waves. But certainly first wave can be arranged better, one epic would be nice - although..
Last edited by Pol on 02 Aug 2017, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 04 Aug 2017, 09:26

Pol wrote:But certainly first wave can be arranged better, one epic would be nice - although..
I guess there had been too many complaints about the previous wave 1 with Templar annihilating everybody, even with the layout change he's been nerfed...
I secretly hope this is temporary and that a better solution is in the works,

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 04 Aug 2017, 09:27

Btw tell Hanzo what creatures you want to see featured in upcoming dungeon challenges! ;) :tsup:
Last edited by Galaad on 04 Aug 2017, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 11 Aug 2017, 15:16

Galaad wrote:Come on guys what the hell, come join us Kreegans along wimfrits, us HOMM fans should stick together. :)
Thanks Galaad. I might when getting competitive. Currently more a casual player. Also the guild ranking rewards, while a nice extra, don't seem to be that spectacular.

That and Pol gets us free drinks every week :)
Last edited by wimfrits on 11 Aug 2017, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 15 Aug 2017, 10:36

Kreegans is not really competitive anymore and a good chunk of its players are casuals (albeit MM fans), guild has been stabilized again in top 25 which is nice for the Idol, top 10 occasionally but I don't push for it as the reward difference is very small.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Aug 2017, 19:42

I'm satisfied. Albeit also our guild is not competitive yet.

Invitation system would need grand rehaul as well. That and this, I think everyone feels it.
Last edited by Pol on 15 Aug 2017, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Return to “Creature Quest”