Q&A with Erwan Le Breton

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Q&A with Erwan Le Breton

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Aug 2018, 19:49

Q&A with Erwan Le Breton for Acid Cave's 15th anniversary

I know some of you will be very sad about this news:
Honestly, we feel it’s about time to leave Ashan to rest and work on a new setting. Which means that Heroes Dynasty and Elemental Guardians are probably the last Ubisoft games set in Ashan.
:devil:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Q&A with Erwan Le Breton

Unread postby Galaad » 24 Aug 2018, 08:15

What's symbolic, this interview was conducted on the day of the Blood Moon Eclipse, in summer 2018 by Acid Dragon with invaluable help from Rabican, Alamar and Dark Dragon. We give our big thanks to Erwan Le Breton for this interview and for many years of supporting the Might & Magic community. Despite the criticism he received (sometimes just, other times not) and even occasional toxic reactions from some "fans", we could always count on his possitive attitude, response when contacted, patience and enthusiasm.
Thank You!
Lol, truly pathetic. :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Aug 2018, 08:46

Thanks!

And about Ashan, it was about a time. :)

I agree that Erwan Le Breton wasn't having easy time with the community - because both games were botched a bit and they also in end disregarded community opinion, which is especially seen on the illfate of H7. Anyway H6 was full of expectations, many shops still having H6 PR boxes, from the full stand/rack. Going from the experience that Might & Magic brand sells slower but continually over years.
The Really Big Question (that you probably won’t answer in an interview, but here it goes anyway ;) – are there any plans or chances for Heroes 8 in the foreseeable future?

Unfortunately, very little chance in the near future. The base costs for such a game would be too high when compared with the sale expectations, even with a 90+ metacritic rating and a massive support from the community. However, the IP’s popularity in China may tilt the balance in the right direction.
He nails it!

Thanks, I wish all the best to AcidCave anniversary and to Erwan for this nice interview. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 25 Aug 2018, 09:36

I wonder if he has Erwin of Might and Magic file in his special meme folder...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Sep 2018, 04:23

Avonu wrote:Honestly, we feel it’s about time to leave Ashan to rest and work on a new setting. Which means that Heroes Dynasty and Elemental Guardians are probably the last Ubisoft games set in Ashan.
:devil:
Good riddance.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Troller
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby Troller » 18 Oct 2018, 11:58

Erwan Le Breton wrote:Julien Pirou fought tooth and nail for years to connect Ashan to the other Might & Magic worlds. I was his Nemesis, always refusing
Ahh a hero needs his nemesis - well fought Julien :applause:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Oct 2018, 14:54

A very good and comprehensive interview, congrats to AcidCave. :)

I think Erwan is probably right that there will not be another "Heroes" game as we know them; they're just too expensive to make. If we do get another one, it will probably be designed for multiple platforms, possibly pads and mobiles, so something that resembles H3/H4 and does not use the higher level graphics. Could be cool, I suppose. Another thing I think we could see in the future is a genuine M&M game either as 1st person or OTS. Those games are huge; Skyrim, Witcher etc., so if Ubisoft decide to make a game like that and need a story for it, M&M could be it.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Heroes VII”