Bug Reports after patch 2.2

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Bug Reports after patch 2.2

Unread postby Pol » 22 Sep 2016, 13:48

Mighty patch note can be found here.

Please report any bugs you enounter in this topic.
Nothing else in this thread, just bug reports - to make it easy for the devs to read. :-D

At the bottom of your bug report, please add your computer specs:
OS (Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10)
CPU
RAM
GPU (Best if accompanied by driver version, please mention if you have dual GPU setup)

~Please anyone freely sum up remaining old and newly introduced bugs, for Limbic bug squashing central. TY

---------------------------------
Table of fixes is too long. Please see it on the link.

Concurrent Steam discussion.

Google Docs Developer's Fix Sheet
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Bug Reports after patch 2.2

Unread postby cjlee » 22 Sep 2016, 15:46

This is not a complaint.

Just to report that the double shooting/ casting bug has been resolved in v2.2. Also, the pre battle diarrhoea bug seems to be solved. In a few dozen battles I didn't have my units teleported to weird places or vanished.

Only bug that I can see so far, is that the Kraken unit kills are reported wrongly - ie when in battle, if you have hired a Kraken mercenary, when you mouse over an enemy to attack they tend to report far fewer expected kills than what actually happens.

It took them 3.9 gigabytes to patch these things up. Really scary.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 23 Sep 2016, 11:27

Ok, I might as well be the first person to report bugs.

In previous versions I had this bug that popped up fairly rarely. EG in a game lasting 2-3 months with 3-7 heroes, it would happen at most 3 or 4 times.

I would have my hero at location X and click the pathfinding to location Y. When I decided to move, I click, and bizzarely my hero would teleport to location Z, then start finding his way to location Y. Location Z is always some place that the hero has been to recently, within a week of game time. It is not a city. It is always some place in the middle of nowhere ie not reacheable via accidental use of teleport instant recall spell. I suspect there is some kind of mistake being made via AI accidentally remembering some prior location to start calculating the movement from.

2.2 hasn't solved this bug although it is not a serious bug given that it happens so infrequently.

The most important annoyances, the double shooting/casting bug, and the artifact replication bug, seem to have been cured.
The battlefield troops vanishing bug has recurred once. That's pretty good compared to how often it used to recur, so I am not complaining. By now we all know to grab a troop that is visible and put it in our troop slots and move it around, and eventually we would see the rest of our troops reappear.

Justicar still does not retaliate on behalf of allies when they are attacked.

Storm Lord perk sometimes causes distant enemies to be struck by lightning. (This is supposed to happen only to adjacent units.)

I also suspect some improvements have been made to the AI. Game seems harder than before. AI is still no genius, but Hard is actually hard enough for me to start hiring up my castle's production. I play on Hard with Heroic AI, which I suspect means Bigger Neutral Stacks and AI Gets More Resources. I notice that the first few times I meet the AI, they're always outnumbering me in battle severely. I suspect they start with fully built castles because they have too many Champion units for the week number.

This kind of Heroic means that the AI is pretty difficult to beat in the first or two battles, but subsequently they get easier and easier to beat because once you've taken down their main armies, they aren't good enough to stage a comeback.

I've been hearing all kinds of good things being said about Quantomas' new AI. H7 needs his attention!
Last edited by cjlee on 23 Sep 2016, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 23 Sep 2016, 15:12

cjlee wrote: It took them 3.9 gigabytes to patch these things up. Really scary.
I think Oak or someone else from Limbic answered me that they have to load the whole file again anytime they do changes in it, no matter how big or small they are (engine restriction).
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 24 Sep 2016, 06:53

OK, game breaking bug found while playing the scenario Alternate History.

I've played this scenario twice before and the 'player defeated' flag always pops up for every defeated opponent.

This time I defeated all 6 other players without seeing the flag pop up once. When I control the entire map and there is clearly no other colour open, the scenario still does not end. Instead when I press to 'end turn', I can see the AI cycling through all the other 6 colours although they have been totally defeated.

This is it. I'm done with Heroes7. As I promised myself, I've explored this game about as far as I'm ever going to go. Forum's really quiet. AI isn't likely to get much better. Game is minimally acceptable if you want to buy it. Possibly I will come back in a year when the second expansion comes out and game is fully patched and all mapmakers have gotten into their groove.

I hope you guys will still be around then! If not, maybe we'll see each other again come Heroes VIII?

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 24 Sep 2016, 14:38

The game's state is even worse than with 2.1 patch.

H7 is exactly the game its features I really love (as well as the game itself) but which does not allow me to play it.
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Sep 2016, 21:20

cjlee wrote:I hope you guys will still be around then! If not, maybe we'll see each other again come Heroes VIII?
You know that there wasn't Windows 9.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 25 Sep 2016, 06:45

Pol wrote:
cjlee wrote:I hope you guys will still be around then! If not, maybe we'll see each other again come Heroes VIII?
You know that there wasn't Windows 9.

Nah, I will be back. I just don't feel like paying 30 Euros for an expansion. Especially when I know there will be a second 'iconic' expansion, and that we'll get another faction to make the game more interesting. Especially when I know that by that second expansion, bugs will mostly be solved. And that second expansion will almost certainly be another stand alone game sold at full price. And that within 6 months of coming out, because by then Heroes VII will be at least 2 years old, it will be discounted to 10 Euros.

So all I have to do is wait a year and I will be able to buy a complete, fully fixed game with 8 factions at 10 Euros.

Furthermore I notice there are a small number of diehard H7 lovers. That's really healthy. These guys will keep the game alive until the rest of the world notices that it is a properly functioning heroes game with 8 factions. I think the community will come back at that point. There are enough H3 and H4 and H5 fanatics to sustain interest.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 25 Sep 2016, 11:13

Well that would be good. Hopefully Quantomas' game will also be well advanced or released too.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Oct 2016, 11:22

There's new Quick Hotfix 2.2.1 but without release note. So I'm postponing creating new topic, until the proper patch-note will be published.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/15 ... now-Forums
https://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/d ... 946637849/

There was already reported problem with regeneration spell, which lasted just one turn. And some more by Antalyan in the discussion on Steam.
Last edited by Pol on 05 Oct 2016, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Oct 2016, 19:26

Last edited by Avonu on 05 Oct 2016, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Oct 2016, 19:53

Yes, still we may collect the remaining problems, to let everyone know. Patch note will or will not be, I don't know. But will open the topic now.

Final score, M&M Team is closing with two unfinished games and say Good Bye.

Last known good one is 5.5, from Teams Fabrice-Quantomas-Magnomagus.
Last edited by Pol on 05 Oct 2016, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes VII”