Trial By Fire - How is Sim Turns and AI?

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Trial By Fire - How is Sim Turns and AI?

Unread postby Madaxe » 28 Aug 2016, 16:49

Hello! Just wondering if anyone who has the expansion can give some details on the MP stability and the Sim Turns? Also, how is the Battle and Adventure map AI? Thanks in advance!

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Trial By Fire - How is Sim Turns and AI?

Unread postby cjlee » 02 Sep 2016, 06:01

I do not have the expansion, but the 2.1 patch has given me access to new structures and new types of gameplay.

For instance, I have access to Rune Altars for forging new artifacts, and will meet enemies with rune casting ability.

I also can fight dwarf faction creatures.

General game stability and AI is still pretty poor, so I see no reason why buying the Trial By Fire standalone will make things magically better.

Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Madaxe » 07 Sep 2016, 12:52

Thanks cjlee for replying with what you know.

Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Madaxe » 12 Dec 2016, 18:32

Well, even if my audience is a bunch of crickets, I figure I would respond to my own question :creative: .

The multiplayer is surprisingly very stable and the sim turns works great. So far I have played about 12 hours of coop multiplayer (no game to completion yet). I was worried it would be unstable, as I never had any luck with the multiplayer working before in the vanilla version. It always crashed within a week or so. But, very happily surprised. It has been pretty rock solid thus far and the sim turns is the best yet as it is permanent and doesn't stop once players get too close to each other like H5. I have no experience on competitive multiplayer, to know if there are problems or issues there.

The AI seem "ok". It still does some stupid stuff in battle, but seems workable. The AI turns are very fast, so I am enjoying that compared to H5. I am playing on Heroic for the AI and Hard for the map difficulty.
Last edited by Madaxe on 12 Dec 2016, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 15 Dec 2016, 00:13

Thanks for updating.

Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Madaxe » 28 Dec 2016, 00:58

No problem gourley4p! Just posting again after some more time. Overall, the mp game is pretty stable, but we have had OUT OF SYNC issues at times. We had one game that we were almost finished with that seemed to have lots of Out of Sync issues and that we eventually abandoned. There was another game that was successfully finished to completion that also had a few moments of Out of Syncs, but were able to continue.

I haven't done any troubleshooting on this, just wanted to let others know. For all I know, we may have been on a spotty network connection (Internet game). But, despite this, overall the game has been playable from a stability standpoint and the Sim turns is good.

Return to “Heroes VII”