Bug Reports after patch 2.1

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Bug Reports after patch 2.1

Unread postby Pol » 20 Aug 2016, 20:15

Mighty patch note can be found here.

Please report any bugs you enounter in this topic.
Nothing else in this thread, just bug reports - to make it easy for the devs to read. :-D

At the bottom of your bug report, please add your computer specs:
OS (Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10)
CPU
RAM
GPU (Best if accompanied by driver version, please mention if you have dual GPU setup)

~Please anyone freely sum up remaining old and newly introduced bugs, for Limbic bug squashing central. TY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From patch note by Ubi-MoshiMoshi:
We are also currently working on further updates and will have more information about this at a later date.

The hotfix includes;

GENERAL
* Fixed missing neutral Fortress stacks in Might & Magic Heroes VII.
* Fixed minor issues in localization.

SAVE/LOAD
* Fixed some skills missing after save/load in games with random skilling.

MULTIPLAYER
* Fixed Mana being fully restored after combats
* Fixed Inventory Items not being obtained properly or granted in multiple copies when defeating an enemy hero

Concurrent Steam discussion.

Google Docs Developer's Fix Sheet
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Bug Reports after patch 2.1

Unread postby Pol » 20 Aug 2016, 20:21

cjlee wrote:Yesterday I downloaded over 4GBs of the 2.1 update. That's right, from 2.0 to 2.1 it is 4.3 Gigabytes.
Today I find Heroes 7 just as buggy as ever. The game crashed several times in a gaming session. Also the double-shooting/casting bug has not been fixed. All my ranged attackers shoot twice (ie elves shoot 4 times) while heroes cast twice meaning that some spells cost twice as much mana to cast for the same effect.

But still I can put a positive spin on this: thanks Ubisoft for not making an addictive game. Addictive games are bad; you only want games to be fun enough to play through without making you feel like not stopping.
Linkt to ~src
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 23 Aug 2016, 19:16

This game... gives me headaches and I hadn't even played it yet.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Aug 2016, 20:00

@parcaleste
It's probably not so bad. But it's not yet finished. Bugs. Optimalisations. AI. - Three fields of constant focus.

Certainly campaigns are playable.

I hope that some future patch will solve that. Game is already having some mods. But it does work only to part of its potential. Some may says that it's H6 in new coat. Undeniably there's part of the truth.

The price is another story but if all of the above would be fixed..
"We made it!"

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 02 Sep 2016, 03:48

There are so many bugs and problems and craps that I don't even know where to begin.

Here are just a few of my major grouses.

1) Uplay NEVER remembers me. I've ticked 'remember me' like 40 times and I still have to do two factor authentication every time. IE I cannot play Heroes VII without my smartphone ready. Note that this problem is not experienced by Pol.

2) Dual shot bug remains. This means that all shooters and casters act twice each. A Small Pyramid that can shoot 3 times normally, now shoots 6 times. Master Hunters shoot 4 times. Heroes cast twice, so a damaging spell does 2x damage for 2x the mana but a non damaging spell just takes 2x the mana. This dual shot bug also plays havoc with implosion/ summon elemental echo and It prevents you casting twice with Grandmaster Prime magic since the same spell counts as having being casted twice.
About 1/5 of the time, mysteriously the dual shot bug vanishes and troops shoot normally/ hero casts normally.
Dual shot bug also applies to caster troops - eg Druids shoot storm arrows twice, Archliches apply their Hex twice, Upgraded Cylopses shoot twice.

3) Battlefield rearrangement bug remains. Sometimes your troops randomly disappear. You have to take a stack and move it through every slot to make the vanished troops come back. This happens in about 1/10 of every battle.
More commonly, computer just forgets how you arranged your troops and you have to rearrange them again. This happens about 1/3 of the time.

4) Hero has Acted bug remains. Once in a while, computer totally denies your hero the right to act during battles. Everything is blanked out. This bug persists with reloads, but after a day it may vanish and your hero gets to act again. Note that this is not the same as the fact you can only cast one adventure spell per day. One adventure spell a day is not a bug - your spell book gets blanked out after that.

5) Very often, money giving structures lose their accessibility. Right clicking shows the green indicator Not Visited Yet. But you can visit again and again, and not get any money or resources. The green Not Visited Yet indicator remains. This tends to happen 1/2 of the time and always applies to all the resource givers in the same area of control. By the end of a game, typically half of all areas of control are filled with structures that no longer give anything.

6) Artifact reproduction bug remains. This seems to happen more rarely now, but maybe every 1/50 of artifacts will reproduce themselves when moved from slot to slot/ hero to hero. So you can make 4 or more copies of the same artifact. It seems to be an artifact-specific bug. EG I played a scenario where my heroes wound up with 50 or so artifacts, but only one reproduced itself when moved.

7) Enemies Stand Still. This is not completely a bug; more like poor coding of AI. A lot of times your enemies will approach you, then stand just outside full range of your ranged attackers, and defend or walk up and down just outside full range and let you massacre them freely. This seems to be a problem that applies only to units with 4 or lower movement.

8) No mana sucking. Djinn Channellers and Ghost Dragons are supposed to be able to suck mana for creatures they kill. This totally fails to take place, regardless of the type of creature I kill with them.
On another note, Naadir's ability (Ghost stacks increase in size with creatures they kill) works.

9) Not able to right click on enemy hero/ units in battle to see their stats. This bug randomly takes place 2/3 of the time, so 1/3 of the time I do get to see stats.

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 02 Sep 2016, 14:54

@cjlee
I think the first "bug" can be somehow connected to your Uplay version/settings or to your computer. If you use any cleaning app for example, it can delete your saved settings too. I have to say I do not have any problems with Uplay starting.
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 02 Sep 2016, 17:37

Antalyan wrote:@cjlee
I think the first "bug" can be somehow connected to your Uplay version/settings or to your computer. If you use any cleaning app for example, it can delete your saved settings too. I have to say I do not have any problems with Uplay starting.

Not sure how that works. This is on a new computer, with only Windows 10 and almost no third party software installed.

I have my Nvidia graphics card driver, my mouse and keyboard, my philips monitor. I have Libreoffice. I have Google Chrome, VLC media player. That's all. I don't even have antivirus on this computer, since I haven't downloaded anything on it (I use another computer with Norton antivirus for downloads).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Sep 2016, 20:04

Completely new computer with Win 10? (ie no upgrade)

if it's so you may be missing some system libraries/environment which uplay needs.
"We made it!"

LucJPatenaude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LucJPatenaude » 03 Sep 2016, 06:28

@cjlee: Windows 10 is already over 1 years of age. And, that means that without a proper internet connection(Norton Security Suite 2016 to officialize a secure internet connection with your newest PC), you will not get version 1511 of Windows 10(first major service pack of it all) + version 1607(second major service pack of it all) with more cumulative updates/upgrades to it already, ever since mid-July of this year.

The game client Uplay needs to be updated automatically, every time you double click on its desktop icon in order to launch it. So, obviously, needs to be updated before launching any games that are registered for the Uplay game client. The exact same applies bi-monthly for Steam.

Furthermore, the internet is no longer on the "it is nice to have and, to be able to connect to it once in a while" mentality. It is on an "always have to be connected to the internet every-time I need to use my PC" of a new way of living type of constant use of such PC. You are lucky that the Internet Providing Company(IPC) did not drop you as a customer of such online service already. These humans do not have the memory they need to remember you, their main server's memory cards have to do that for them every time these bipeds cross the front door of the building these get to work. ;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Sep 2016, 07:11

@cjlee
And that usually means missing VC++ environment. Sometimes you may be missing also some older parts of DirectX.
"We made it!"

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 03 Sep 2016, 18:12

Better that I clarify.

I have an internet connection. It’s always-on broadband. In any case I learned early on that you cannot log onto Heroes 7 offline. If your connection is broken after you log on the game still works. I don’t love Heroes 7 enough to bother with doing whatever tweaks, hacks and adjustments necessary to make the game work offline. If I can’t play (and this happens occasionally), I simply play Starcraft 2. Starcraft 2 always works.

My computer and Uplay have been consistently updated. It’s part of the automatic updates that Microsoft, Blizzard, Ubisoft etc make without asking me. I don’t tamper with these. This applies to drivers like Nvidia and softwares like Adobe Acrobat also (I get requests for installation permission in these cases). My mouse, motherboard and keyboard do not update their drivers automatically, but if Ubisoft products require constantly updated mice and keyboard drivers, that is really ridiculous.

When I say I don’t download anything, that applies to all third party utility softwares, malwares, torrents, etc. This setup works fine for my regular needs and I have never had a hang playing Starcraft2 on my computer. On this particular computer I only go to secure websites (eg my bank, government departments) or at least well known websites such as Celestial Heavens. The only thing that ever hangs is Heroes7 or Uplay.

My computer was bought from a well know chain in my country as part of a package. So I should have a setup that is fairly common. All my hardware is common stuff.

I’m certainly willing to try whatever tweaks that people suggest to get rid of the bugs that I’m seeing, but right now I’m putting heavy odds that these bugs come from Ubisoft or Limbic, rather than Microsoft, Asus, Samsung, Nvidia, Philips, etc.

Also kindly remember that the double-shooting or double-action bugs that I’m experiencing, do not happen every battle. In a small minority of my battles, my units fire once and my hero casts once and the enemy shooters shoot once. If it was a hardware or RAM or OS problem I think the double-acting should be more consistent.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Sep 2016, 20:03

@cjlee
Better if me as well.

I meant only uPlay issues in my answer.

But some curiosity arises later, what graphic card do yo have exactly and what driver version?

For AMD there exists app where users share recommended game profiles and I bet that for nVidia exists similar tool.

Note for Limbic, cjlee posted screenshots to his bugs here.

Edit1
You could also verify game files from uPlay
From uPlay >> Open the Game >> Properties >> Verify files

Windows 10 is coming with relatively advanced firewall, there's chance that it does auto setup badly.
"We made it!"

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 07 Sep 2016, 09:14

Not sure if these are bugs, but just mentioning:

Dragon Nexus. As we all know, they recharge once a week. This does not mean you get to use them consistently on Monday or whatever the first day of the week it is in H7. On some maps and in the campaigns I can charge on Friday, use up all the mana in some big battles, and come back Monday to recharge.
On the map I am currently playing (Savage Sea) this doesn't work that way. I have to wait 7 full days. However, if I don't want to plan my travels and come back on Day 7, I can come back on Day 2. IE I'm visiting when right clicking says in gray: VISITED. I won't get full mana right away, but magically, 7 days later I will get my full mana recharge without being anywhere near a Dragon nexus.
I am not sure if this is a patch 2.1 bug or intended by Limbic. With more info and more games we'll know...

Haven faction Recruiters' Outpost. According to the description, growth upgrades in my main town now affect forts in the vicinity.
I have no idea how this works. For instance I now have Recruiters' Office (+11 Legionnaires) and Shooting Range (+10 Marksmen).
But my fort now produces 28 Sentinels and 27 Crossbowmen weekly, up from 7 and 7 respectively. There are no other growth factors in my present game (eg no other governor bonuses).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Sep 2016, 13:45

Topic closed with release of patch 2.2.
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes VII”